• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help on Mesprit...

Inferno_wingX

Dedicated.
    Years
    Alright, I really don't want to use my Master Ball on this guy, and then be left out with Cresselia, so I need some help.

I heard that a Haunter would know mean look, which would keep the Poke from fleeing. I went to Snow Point city and traded a Medicham with that lady for a Haunter, but it didn't know mean look. Can I buy it as a TM somewhere? Would I have to level him? Or can another Poke learn it? Please help.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Alright, I really don't want to use my Master Ball on this guy, and then be left out with Cresselia, so I need some help.

I heard that a Haunter would know mean look, which would keep the Poke from fleeing. I went to Snow Point city and traded a Medicham with that lady for a Haunter, but it didn't know mean look. Can I buy it as a TM somewhere? Would I have to level him? Or can another Poke learn it? Please help.

Haunter learns Mean Look at Level 8. I suppose your Haunter's level is already above that. Just take it to the move relearner and then teach it Mean Look again in exchange for a Heart Scale.

Other Pokemon that can learn Mean Look by levelling up are:
    - Zubat evo chain
    - Jynx
    - Umbreon
    - Misdreavus
    - Sableye
    - Duskull evo chain

blazedsoldier

cool yo
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2007
    I recall my machamp having mean look too. Even with quick claw, it's hard to get the first attack. So be ready!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I recall my machamp having mean look too. Even with quick claw, it's hard to get the first attack. So be ready!

Machamp?? Machamp can't learn Mean Look, even through breeding.
    Use something that has faster speed if you can't get the first attack. E.g. go catch a high levelled Golbat and do it. (I got one at Level 67 in Giratina's pyramid thing)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Go Underground and dig up a Heart Scale (not too hard to find), and go to the move tutor (forget which city, sorry!), and have him teach your Haunter Mean Look again... this way, you won't have to spend extra time leveling up a different Poke for mean look, keeping a reminder that your Mean Looker has to be able to outrun Mesprit the very first turn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    I leveled a Sableye in Leaf Green to give it Mean Look and then brought it over to Pearl. The advantage of Sableye is that it is immune to Confusion, which Mesprit has and will use. For whatever reason, the mechanics of Future Sight will still allow it to hit Dark pokemon, but I would just potion through the hits.

I dropped 86 various balls on Mesprit my first go round (all but the Master Ball), and reloaded and caught it on the 5th ball that second time. So don't be surprised if Lady Luck isn't on your side at first.

Back