• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help-Pokemon hack platform

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2017
    Hi guys i'm going to make a pokemon hack but i don't know which platform to use. ;-; GBA is popular with many players, but also many hack roms. NDS is not as popular and has less tools to assist, but it has great graphics. 3DS is impossible for me. RPG xp (making a exe file game) offers a majority of changes i can make, but it has quite bad graphics and only available on pc. So what should i use?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi guys i'm going to make a pokemon hack but i don't know which platform to use. ;-; GBA is popular with many players, but also many hack roms. NDS is not as popular and has less tools to assist, but it has great graphics. 3DS is impossible for me. RPG xp (making a exe file game) offers a majority of changes i can make, but it has quite bad graphics and only available on pc. So what should i use?

Well, first off, Pokemon Essentials (RPG Maker XP) isn't a hacking base and belongs in Game Development if you do choose it.
    GBA is more commonly hacked here than the other generations, so you'll get a lot of support if you do choose it and need help.
    But there is also GB/C games that are hacked here, and they even have a disassembly of the whole thing, so you can change every aspect of the game, pretty much. (Pokered is GB but I forgot the name of the GBC one.)
    I can't really comment on NDS though, as I've never really tried to hack that.

Back