• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=322999)

Hack of:Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: It has fakemon and some custom tiles.

Finished percentage: 10%

Your hacking skills: I sprite and map, but I'm best at Scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for 2 spriters to help fix some sprites up, 3 mappers or so to help make the maps nicer, and 1 person to edit NPCs and check the game for small errors.

Additional information: I'll make the fakemon designs, but I need a spriter to improve them and make them nicer. Same with mapper, it needs to be nicer.

UltimateThundrFang

Pokemon Expert
    Years
  • Hello everyone,UltimateThundrFang here, and I have an idea for a ROM hack. A Pokemon Firered journey where, not only can you travel through Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, but you can also experience a branching storyline.

Story:

This game takes place 5 years after Red and Blue battled for the championship. Red has gone off into the depths of Mt. Silver, and is currently training Gold. Blue has become the Viridian City Gym Leader (and is still as cocky as ever before), and Professor Oak has stepped down as the Leading Pokemon Professor (Kanto Division) and given control to Daisy Oak. Team Rocket is kaput, and all is well in the Kanto and Johto regions. Until suddenly one day, two young friends from Pallet Town, David (or Katrina, if your a girl) and Alex start on their Pokemon journey. Many sightings of mysterious figures resembling Team Rocket have been reported, and many Pokemon Trainers have suddenly become more and more ungraceful and unkind. What are these people trying to prove? Who is "Neo Rocket"? And why are they trying to recruit David and Alex?

The Catch:
    Your probably thinking to yourself "Well gee, this sounds like an updated FireRed." And your are right. During the Nugget Bridge portion of the game, you can continue on normally. Or you can also accept the offer to join Neo Rocket: complete with an original storyline that actually does not incorporate the badges. And you can travel to Johto in either storyline, but Hoenn is only available in the Neo Rocket storyline. I'm also attempting to change the Pokemon names and Pokedex entries to their literal Japanese translations, just to be different.

Progress: 0.5% (Storyline is being worked on by me and a friend)

My Hacking Skills: Storyline, Pokemon editing, Scripting (I'm trying to learn how to do this, so I'll list it)

Help and Other Skills I'm Looking For: Mapper, Sprite Editor (For Custom Sprites), Extra Scripter, Event Creator, and possibly a music hacker (but maybe not for a first hack.)

How to Contact Me: If you want to let me know if you'd like to help, please email me at [email protected]

Hopefully we can get this hack up and running!

Last edited:

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
    Years
  • Hack name: doesn't have one yet

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack:don't really have a story for this i will go as it is being made

Finished percentage: 000.05%

Your hacking skills: tile inserting

What help or skill you're looking for: a good Scripter

Additional contact information: PM

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokémon Serenity Escape

Rom Base(Hack of): Pokémon Fire Red(BPRE 1.0)

Additional Information About The Hack:
    This is an open-world Pokémon, ultilizing features, that will allow you to explore where-ever, whenever. The decision of how you play the game, is completely up to the player, themselve. In terms of features: Here is a LONG LIST:
    Features:
    Explore the vast region of Salria, in one of Pokécommunity's first(I hope), Open World Pokémon ROM Hacks.
    There are many secrets to be found, from rare items to legendary encounters. Exploration is king in this game.
    Battle the "Masters"(Gym Leaders) in ANY ORDER.
    Trainers are more powerful than ever. Trainer types, dictates their levels(ex. Ace Trainers are always in the same level as you)
    Sidequests, Sidequests, Sidequests. Feel that this game needs to have more content or plot, then start looking into Sidequest! Rather than telling a single plot, I can tell many stories.
    HMs are NO MORE. Your Pokémon dictates, what HMs you have access to.
    Checkpoint System! White Outs after long exploring, doesn't need to be annoying. Checkpoint System allows you to place a Warp and jump to that Warp, whenever you may need it, or when you white out. So use your Checkpoints often! Doesn't mean you can place one, whenever though.
    Evolving Encounters! Get your Pokémon game on! You level up, so does the Pokémon.
    Battle Facilities! Time to Fight for your life, in a no-hold back, ultimate, battling showdown.
    Your Magical Expanding Map! Hahahaha you thought, your trusty map would help you, no. The more you explore, the more info, your map get.
    Towns and Cities, Cities and Towns. Resting spots are a GOD sent, as they are now rarer than before.
    Diffuculty! This game will be hard. But hey, at least items are cheaper than ever at the PokéMart, I mean Merchants.

Finshied Percentage: 5% did a few things, then restarted because I'm a loser.

Your Hacking Skills: Planning, Mapping, Scripting(to an extent), Pokémon Data Editing, Pokémon Sprite Inserting, Move Editing(soon to actually make moves with BSP), Writing

What help or skill you're looking for?: Spriters and TILE INSERTERS, not so much Spriters, but main priority is tile inserting, since I never liked going through the process of inserting them.

Additional contact information: If interested VM or PM, so I cna give you my contact information. But my email is [email protected], if you don't feel like it.

Additional Information: Well, I'm DJTiKi, I like planning, becuase I get ideas. Alot. Maybe its a disease. I want to help them, especially, if they can give help in return. This is something, I had for a while, and want to finally implement it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2015
    Intro:

Welcome new fellow members of team Zenonic my name is YoshiSwags. You can address me with any made up name lol. this is my first gaming development and I obviously have no experiene in hacking but i'm fully great minded on ideas. I've played a lot of pokemon games and its one of my all time favorite role playing games. I got into hacking because I wanted to right my own story, characters and plot. I can't do it solo meaning all by myself,thats were you come in as my companions and together we will make the greatest hack ever I put alot of hard work into.

Rom Hack Based: FireRed

Starting plot:

In Pokemon Zenoic players explore the vast of Opolias the Hero or Heroine from Tanvas. From the start of your adventure players obtain their very first pokemon 1 out of 3 from Professor Alina. train,battle and evolve your pokemon. While visiting the reigons's cities, the players will encounter a battle area also known as gyms. Inside the these buildings are called gym laders, each of whom you must defeat in a battle to receive a gym badge. A total of 8 gym badges earned the player will enter the pokemon league and face the champion (your dad by beating the elite 4).During your journey the players will have to battle a the mysterious forces of team Soul Dawn, an evil organization that abuses pokemon and steal their energy resources and counquering the world,thats where you come in to put a stop to this.

Features:

New Fakemon Designs

Scripting

Maps

Hex editing

Moves from 4 possibly gen 6

and replacing ??? with Fairy type

Positions

Sprite Designing

Scripter

Titlescreen changer

Pokemon cry editor

Music composer

Hex editor

Tileset editor

Application Form

Name-

Timezone and Location-

Contact Information -I'd like your Email or Pm at the PC

Experience in Hacking-

Your job Position-

Availability-

Team Staff Members:

Yoshi$wags: Developer,Art Designer

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Hack name: (Undecided)

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Complete Overhaul

Finished percentage: 0.001%

Your hacking skills: Info/None

What help or skill you're looking for: Fakemon Spriting. I have penciled drawings of fakemon that i am looking to be sprited.

Additional contact information:

Additional information:

ThePKMNHacker

Invalid User Title
    Years
  • Hack name: None Yet

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Basic mapping, Basic Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter, Scripter, ASM Hacker, and Mapper. (If you can do something not listed here and would like to help just say so)

Additional information: I'm open to any questions. If you would like to help leave a reply or pm.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Hack Name: Pokemon Split Worlds

Hack Of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional Info About The Hack: Branching Story(maybe)

Finished Percentage: 3%

My Skills:
    Decent Mapping, Basic overworld Spriting

What i'm skills im looking for: Scripting,Spriting,Sprite inserting
    If you want to help without any of the above mentioned skills just contact me

How to Contact me: PM me or send email at [email protected]

Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Secret Storm (Tentative)

Hack of: Emerald

Additional information about the hack:
    Half of the Pokedex, just about, is comprised of Gen 4-6 Pokemon. A lot of the gym leaders and E4 members are based off of Youtubers like KingNappy, HeatedMo, and a few others. My partner has the skill when it comes to programming and coding, he may need a little help, but not much. What we are really looking for is Mappers.

Finished percentage: About 10%

Your hacking skills: I have none. My partner, has all that's needed.

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapping, some experience in hacking in general just to make sure my partner is going in the right path and what not.

Twitter: @CpmanFrato

Additional information: Please be in it for the long haul. We work a lot during the 12-6 am hours on the east coast. PM me and we can talk more, or shoot me a tweet or message on skype.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Hack name: Pokemon Chronos Version

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack: Uses MrDS patch w/o Fairy type, has a custom titlescreen, and modded tiles

Finished percentage: 7

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Music insertion

Additional contact information: It's best to reach me through email - [email protected]

Additional information: I have most of the midis, I just suck at inserting them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    Hello!!! My name is EUE KnSlash (KnSlash for short) (Kn for shorter) I am currently working with my team on 5 games that revolve around Pokemon! (duh)
    The series was originally going to one game, but I couldn't fit in all the story elements. I wanted to do a three hack series, but I though 5 best. I got the big three games (Pokemon Cerice, Valkyrie, and Exeunt) and the supporting two (Theta Rose and Mutants)
    Before I ask you to join my team, (SPOILER: I am asking you to join my team.) I want to tell you about my games!

Hack Names: Pokemon Cerice, Pokemon Valkyrie, Pokemon Theta Rose, Pokemon Mutants, Pokemon Exeunt

Hack of: Ruby (Cerice, Valkyrie, Theta Rose) Fire Red (Mutants and Exeunt)

Info on Hacks:

Pokemon Cerice

Pokemon Cerice will revolve around a revamped Hoenn region. When we say revamped, we mean revamped! Pokemon not found in the region, new gyms, different legendaries and more will be featured! Pokemon Cerice will feature a new team, new characters (who will occur throughout the series, and a new story.) Starters were voted upon by 16 people. The majority chose Machop. I personally selected Growlithe. Finally, chance chose Nidoran (female) as the third starter. You can find these Pokemon in the first couple of routes, however; THEY ARE VERY RARE! Revamped graphics and dialogue are going to featured.

MAIN LEGENDARIES: GROUDON, RAYQUAZA, REGI TRIO, CELEBI
    EVIL TEAM: NYCTOPHOBIA (means "fear of the dark")
    This game is 99% finished! Just making the finishing touches.
    Currently TRYING TO ADD MUSIC INTO THE GAME!!!

Pokemon Valkyrie

This game takes place in the OTTO region, which is referenced in both Cerice and Theta (Rose).
    This game will actually include SINNOH Pokemon! No UNOVA! My team and I both decided that there are about 4 good UNOVA Pokemon, so it's not worth doing.
    In OTTO, NYCTOPHOBIA has resurfaced to capture DIALGA to travel back in time to stop the events of Cerice from happening (this is what we got so far, will probably change). A big character from Cerice is the main character. The protagonists from Cerice are back and really takes the role the big player had in Cerice (rival).
    LEGENDARY POKEMON: LUGIA, PALKIA/DIALGA (not sure which), MANAPHY, KYOGRE
    EVIL TEAM: NYCTOPHOBIA
    ALLY TEAM: NYCTOPHOBIA REGIME
    The game is in the early 5% done stage (thats the region being kinda mapped). Should be done by November 27, 2015.

Pokemon Theta Rose (Mabye just Theta, I'm not sure if Rose is staying...)

The main character from Valkyrie is back and on an island as either an archeological consultant or security when the island's power shuts down. Player has to go reactivate all 8 access points while caught in the battle between two teams.
    MAIN LEGENDARIES: JIRACHI, LEG. BEASTS, DEOXYS
    EVIL TEAM: GRAVITAS (means "act of taking something serious")
    This game is at or around maybe 5% done. Should be done by March 27, 2015.

Pokemon Mutants

Again, OTTO region. This timeline coincides with Valkyrie. It takes place when you and a group of "freedom fighters" (not sure if that is staying) break into a lab to stop experiments on Pokemon. The player picks one of 3 mutant pokemon (cross species). You meets up with Cerice Protagonists and Valkyrie Protagonists (this also happens in Valkyrie as sort of a "what just happened" moment). You liberate and cure mutant Pokemon. Also includes Sinnoh Pokemon.
    LEGENDARIES: Some ultimate mutant crossbreed, DIALGA/PALKIA (whichever one is not in Valkyrie), Leg. Birds.
    EVIL TEAM: The Mechanics
    ALLY TEAM: GRAVITAS
    This game is 0% done.
    This game should be released on ???

Pokemon Exeunt

Pokemon Exeunt is the final chapter in the Cerice series. Exeunt takes place on a secret island that has one goal... to host the Pokemon World Tournament! This game brings back all main characters from Cerice, Valkyrie, Theta Rose, and Mutants for a final go around for the crown. This island is in a Duelest Kingdom type of setup. Once a player collects all of the Island Markers, they can compete in elimination rounds between other succeeders. This continues until there are 16 victors. Each player fighs another until it narrows to the final 2. They compete for the crown.

However, evil teams Nyctophobia and The Mechanics return to claim the tournament's prize... A chance to be one of several select few to venture into the Distortion World to find the mystical Giratina. Unfotunately for these teams, they have attracted their enemies: The Regime and Gravitas...

With victory at hand, and chaos abounding, these four titans will stop at nothing to hinder each others progress as well as the progress of the main character.
    EVIL TEAMS: NYCTOPHOBIA, The Mechanics
    ALLY TEAMS: NYCTOPHOBIA REGIME, GRAVITAS
    No date is set. 0% done. No legendaries decided on.

My skills; Mapping, Spriting, Tile Insertion, little bit of Scrpiting

Help with: Title Screen Hacking, MUSIC INSERTION AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Contact me at [B][I][email protected][/I][/B]

KnSlash out!
    Player finished reading and whited out...

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Ancient Aura
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red Version
    Additional information about the hack:
    Finished percentage: 1%
    Your hacking skills: Scripting
    What help or skill you're looking for: music, title screen hacker, hex editing, ect.
    Additional contact information: Pm me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2015
    Hack Name-Pokemon Amethyst
    Hack of-Fire Red
    Additional Info-
    Finished Percentage-Like .5%
    Hacking Skills-Not much (I would appreciate help with working on it) I have experience with advance map, advance text (not as much), and advance starter.
    What help or skill looking for- I'm looking for help from anybody who has relatively good skills in hacking to help with stuff in the hack. I need scriptors, music editors, sprite adding, title screen editor, and all of the above.
    Thank you if you are able to help me you can Contact me at my email [email protected], skype at CanadianBrick, or pm me! Thx :)

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I need help on a hack.

Hack name: Pokemon Crystal Clear

Additional information about the hack: It is a demake of pokemon HG/SS

Finished percentage: 2%

Your hacking skills: Mapping and story

What help or skill you're looking for: Tileset inserter and a good scripter!

Additional contact information: pm me.

Additional information: I really need help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2014
    Hack name: Pokemon Gen 1.5

Hack of: Pokemon Fire red

Additional information about the hack: This is a hack that focuses on what happened in-between gen 1 and 2 you get to play as Lances son more info when you contact me

Finished percentage: 5.5% Starters set up and storyline and some sprites

Your hacking skills: Spriter {only good with overworld} mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter Map design and just overall advice

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: email or PM me for the alpha 0.01 of it

Last edited:

Greninja17

Hacker
    Years
  • Hack name:Pokemon mega fire
    Hack of:Fire red
    Additional information:This take place years later in the Kanto
    Finished percentage: 1 or 5😞
    Hacking skills:Ow Sprite
    Skill looking for:All skill