• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
  • This Was To Big To Put In Any Other Thread So Here It Is.
    1.When I Load A Charset On RMXP There Is A White Box Around The Character When I Test Play It. Help!
    2.When I Walk In Tall Grass The Grass Does Not Move.Help!
    3.How Can I Make It So I Only Run Into Pokemon In The Tall Grass? Help!

Please Help. Also If You Need Images Let Me Know.

1. When you load any image into RMXP, left click on the background color (this becomes transparent) and right click on the shadow color. (This becomes semitransparent)

2. You can do this one of two ways. First, you can set up a battle animation of the tall grass that will autoplay when you walk onto it, or you can script it.

3. Like the above problem, this can be done one of two ways. You can add on to the autoplay event to randomly set a variable to random 1-100, and set another variable to the percentage of walkthroughs (steps) have an encounter, for example, 20. Then you create a condition branch that compares the first variable to the second, and if the first is less than or equal to the second, you set another varable (or one of the first two, it doesn't really matter) to 1-12, (the required number of Pokemon for a walking encounter list is 12, and you are choosing which one you encounter. All you have to do is make a Pokemon repeat to make it more common) and create conditional branchs for each one of them. Or, you could script it.

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • Still Need Help.

1. When you load any image into RMXP, left click on the background color (this becomes transparent) and right click on the shadow color. (This becomes semitransparent)

2. You can do this one of two ways. First, you can set up a battle animation of the tall grass that will autoplay when you walk onto it, or you can script it.

3. Like the above problem, this can be done one of two ways. You can add on to the autoplay event to randomly set a variable to random 1-100, and set another variable to the percentage of walkthroughs (steps) have an encounter, for example, 20. Then you create a condition branch that compares the first variable to the second, and if the first is less than or equal to the second, you set another varable (or one of the first two, it doesn't really matter) to 1-12, (the required number of Pokemon for a walking encounter list is 12, and you are choosing which one you encounter. All you have to do is make a Pokemon repeat to make it more common) and create conditional branchs for each one of them. Or, you could script it.
    Thanks. But I Need Some Help On Scripting Cause I'm Not Very Good At It So I Was Wondering If You Could Give Me Some Tips. I Would Be Very Grateful. By The Way Thanks For Helping Me On My First Problem.:)Also Please SomeOne Get Me Some Pokemon Inner Tileset For RMXP.

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    i have a kinda odd request.

Does anyone have a list of the trainer, pokemon they have, and the route/area they are located from GOLD/SILVER please?

Thanks in advance.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
  • Can someone explain how I can learn code.
    To execute scripts to make my game run faster, I have learned everything else. Anyone?

If it's an anti-lag script your after, I think you may find them @ rmxp.org

i have a kinda odd request.

Does anyone have a list of the trainer, pokemon they have, and the route/area they are located from GOLD/SILVER please?

Thanks in advance.

Look for "Pokemon Gold" or "Pokemon Silver" using the game search feature on gamefaqs.com, you should be presented with a list of games that match. Choose one that matches and then click "faqs and guides"... Have a look through the guides there. One or more should have what you need...

I Would Like To Request An Inner Pokemon TileSet for RMXP.

The site here might have some, though they may be included in starter kits... Link: upokecenter.com

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Secret Base Items request

Could anybody help me get some diamond and pearl base items (NOT R/S/E) whether its a sheet with them on or good clear screen shots of them so i can take them myself. In particular i need the pokedolls. and also if sombody could make me some custom ones(if the d/p ones differ from R/S/E then i would prefer R/S/E style) as in
    Large:
    Aggron
    Regigigas
    Small:
    Riolu
    Manaphy
    phione
    Plusle
    Minun
    all Eevee evos (especially eevee, espeon+umbreon)

any help would be greatly apreciated and i would do what i can to repay

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • Scripting Help Needed

I Need Some Help Scripting In RMXP So Can Some One Please Help Me I Have Already Tried RMXP.org. So That Is Ruled Out. Please Help Me. I Have List Of The Things I Need Help Scripting On.
    V V​

1. Making The Grass Move

2. Only Encontering Pokemon In Grass

3. Also Pokemon Like Battle

I Will Write More In A Bit. I've Got To Go. Thanks In Advance.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    ...lol. Yeah ok. Instead of doing it yourself and failing, why don't you use Poccil's Pokemon Essentials.

Shade

Dark Knight
    Years
  • Thats Fine.

And how about you stop insulting other members?
    It's Fine I Suppose I Should Have Looked Their First Anyway.:\

Also Can Some One Tell Me How To Load RGSS102E.dll On To RMXP.

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Help & Request Thread

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
  • I need some help. I need to know how you make a party starting position in RM2K3.

I, myself don't use RPG2K3 but I belive it is the same as RPG XP. Right click, where you want to start and press: "Players Starting Position"

Anyway, I am having a problem in RPG XP. The Player character is walking other objects such as tress, and houses. Yes, I know that its a simple case of going into the database and changing "O" to "X" but that is where my problem lies. I have done so frequently. It works perfectly with the inner tileset but the outer one the player can still walk other objects marked X.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • I, myself don't use RPG2K3 but I belive it is the same as RPG XP. Right click, where you want to start and press: "Players Starting Position"

Anyway, I am having a problem in RPG XP. The Player character is walking other objects such as tress, and houses. Yes, I know that its a simple case of going into the database and changing "O" to "X" but that is where my problem lies. I have done so frequently. It works perfectly with the inner tileset but the outer one the player can still walk other objects marked X.
    It's a tileset problem. You've got walkable tiles pasted over unwalkable tiles. Even if the walkable tile doesn't even have a single pixel that isn't transparent.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2008
    help with major error!

So I finished a game of mine a year ago and have let my friends play it by giving them copies when they want one. Well I haven't had to give it out in awhile until recently. Seth, my friend, wanted to play it so I got out my external hard drive and tried to start the game. It crashed immediately. There were a million boxes popping up with the text "Not Implemented" on it. When I went in and investigated I found that it would crash whenever an mp3 file played, such as the title theme. How can I fix this?? I spent a lot of time on this and would love to save it! Thanks in advance!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back