• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Help with a custom move and ability for V18?

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2022
    Hi there, thanks for reading in advance.

I'm currently trying to create a move and ability for potential use in my game, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the scripting for them.

Ability:
    Naptime
    -Sleeps both the user and the opponent whenever the user switches in.

Move:
    Soft Pillow
    -Psychic Type
    -Entry hazard
    -Flying and Psychic Immune
    -30% chance of sleep whenever someone switches into it.

Mainly I'm having trouble figuring out where everything is in V18 that I need to change/add, tutorial videos for older versions don't help any more, but I'd heavily appreciate any help at all scripting them too.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Alright, I'm gonna walk you through this too!
    Naptime
    Spoiler:

Soft Pillow
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    Alright, I'm gonna walk you through this too!
    Naptime
    Spoiler:

Soft Pillow
    Spoiler:

Would this code work for 17.2? I haven't looked at all the changes yet and I was actually looking for an ability like this.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Would this code work for 17.2? I haven't looked at all the changes yet and I was actually looking for an ability like this.

It would not, sorry to break it to you. But you can use the same process I did, searching for something that activates at the right time, copy it, and make it your own.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2022
    Oh wow, these both worked absolutely perfectly Vendily! Thank you so much! This is probably one of the most helpful tutorial's I've ever been given on a forum. Now I have two nice things for the Delta Drowzee in my game, thank ya. <3

Back