• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Help with deciding x/y

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Hey everybody.

So i have been thinking about buying pokemon x or y for some time and a console. I know it's not new news, but i thought i would like to finally play it.

So i was hoping someone could help me decied what to get. I was thinking of buying pokemon x and a 3ds XL with, but is someone recommending something else? Is there some things better than other? Is y better or is 3 ds or 2 ds better or the same as 3ds XL?

Also i was thinking if it is possible to get all pokemon by buying one game, or do i have to get both games? If yes, is there a way to transport pokemon from one of the games on 1 console to the other game, if not, is there another way to transfer to one of the games? Can i catch all legendaries if i have the games, or would that be event, or from earlier games? And how about all megas (including both mewtwo and charizard)?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Fundamentally, XY are not that different at all. This list has all the Pokemon that are exclusive to each game, so if you have a preference as to which one you want to use while playing, you should go with that one. Also, it is definitely possible nowadays to get all the Pokemon through trading with other people! In PC's Trade Corner there are definitely people who will trade you Pokemon from the game you don't have. The Megas you can get in X are: Charizard X, Pinsir, Tyranitar, Manectric, Mewtwo X; and the Megas you can get in Y are: Charizard Y, Heracross, Houndoom, Aggron, Mewtwo Y. XY has a ot of Pokemon, however, there are still Pokemon that you can't catch in the games and you have to transfer from a previous game or trade with someone to get, the list is here. This includes all legendaries from previous versions besides from Mewtwo and the bird trio, which are catchable in XY.

I'm not sure if you're asking if you can transfer Pokemon from X Version to Y Version or from a previous generation game to X or Y. With the creation of Pokemon Bank it is possible to transfer from on version to another without another console, however, you have to pay $5. If you want to transfer Pokemon from HeartGold, SoulSilver, Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, you need another console and a copy of Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2. If you want to transfer from any of the Gen 5 games, you need Pokemon Bank.

For consoles, it depends on what you want, honestly. 2DS is cheaper and doesn't have the 3D effect which I find myself never using anyway. A lot of people prefer the XL however I haven't used it at all.

Back