• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Help with developing a new rom hack

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to rom hacking and i would like to make one for the first time. I have seen many tools and roms that could be used as base but i feel lost. I would like to make my rom as less painful as possible. I would like to use Emerald as base. The features that i would like to implement are:
    ->wild pokemon from gen 1-3
    ->put items on the ground (pokeball format), rocks,...
    ->add custom trainers (probably would need to expand the rom)
    ->change trainer's pokemon levels and moves
    ->remove the necessity of the pokemons required to be traded to evolve
    ->being able to access events (deoxys,mew,...)

Any help regarding tools, resources, best approach, or roms to use as base would be helpful

Thanks😁

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to rom hacking and i would like to make one for the first time. I have seen many tools and roms that could be used as base but i feel lost. I would like to make my rom as less painful as possible. I would like to use Emerald as base. The features that i would like to implement are:
    ->wild pokemon from gen 1-3
    ->put items on the ground (pokeball format), rocks,...
    ->add custom trainers (probably would need to expand the rom)
    ->change trainer's pokemon levels and moves
    ->remove the necessity of the pokemons required to be traded to evolve
    ->being able to access events (deoxys,mew,...)

Any help regarding tools, resources, best approach, or roms to use as base would be helpful

Thanks😁

Hi, welcome to PokéCommunity.
    I think your thread is in the wrong section. Here is for Pokémon Essentials fangames, not Rom hacks.
    You should post this question in the ROM Hacking section.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    My rom hacking journey it´s starting well 😂. Thanks for letting me know 😁

Back