• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Help with finding female Zubat early in Dark Cave (Pokemon Gold)?

Years
  • I started playing Pokemon gold on an emulator and I wanted a female zubat for reasons to build a team around totodile, but I can't seem to find one in dark cave even though I don't have flash yet; just going in blind. Can someone tell me what the encounter rate for female zubat is in dark cave or where else to get one?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Supposedly the encounter rate for Zubat in Dark Cave is ~39%, and you have a 50/50 chance for a male/female Zubat. You can also find them in Union Cave, or at night in the two routes adjacent to it. Those aren't the only places to find Zubat, but they're the next soonest ones after Dark Cave.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    There should be. Sometimes things are just a case of really bad luck

Back