• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with languages

Q-Quan

Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ
    Years
    I'm trying to (partially) translate a game I made into Catalan. Following the instructons on the wiki (extracting, editing 2nd lines, compiling and moving to Data) I came to the part of editing the Settings languages. There, there were both English and German (which I hadn't put there). I changed the second to Catalan, but the option to change language didn't show up on the load screen. I added German but kept Catalan, but yet no effect (German only didn't have one either). When changing the PokemonLoad script to always show Language as an option and opening it, I just saw a black screen with a very small piece of window in the corner. When pressing C, it crashed.

How do I do this? What have I done wronf?

Thanks in advance,
    Q-Quan

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You are referring to the LANGUAGES array:

Code:
    LANGUAGES [COLOR=Teal]= [ [/COLOR] 
    [COLOR=Green]#  ["English","english.dat"],
    #  ["Deutsch","deutsch.dat"][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]][/COLOR]
    Both of the available options here (English and Deutsch) are quoted out, meaning they are ignored and the array is empty. These two lines exist only as examples of how to use the array.

Remove the # at the beginning of both lines, and change the Deutsch line to Catalan. No other script changes are necessary anywhere (so undo any other changes you've done).

Back