• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Help with Map Connections

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • Hello all,

I've been making some maps for my hack using Advance Map 1.92. In particular, I've been doing some design for Route 1. Problem is I want to add in at least 20+ more blocks worth of width to my Route 1, after already expanding it to 40 when doing map design for the route earlier.

My question is this:

Do I re-use another map and connect it to the Route 1 I have made, or do I continue to expand the width of the pre-existing route. Which is the better option?

Thankyou very much in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Do I re-use another map and connect it to the Route 1 I have made, or do I continue to expand the width of the pre-existing route. Which is the better option?
    If your end goal is to make the map wider, why wouldn't you just change the map's width?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • I was wondering as to whether it would save more of the game storage to expand width of a map, or to connect a pre-existing map to the one I was making through map connections.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    In the end, game storage is not really an issue you need to be stressing over in this manner. You can safely and easily expand a rom to 32mb with no consequences. Even without that, FireRed only uses like half the space of the 16 mb rom, with the rest being free. Essentially, you could have enough space to fit 4 entire copies of all FireRed rom data into a 32 mb rom. Running out of space in an expanded rom is a non-issue unless your game is as full as say, Pokemon Unbound is. (Other Gen 3 games are similar)
    I would just change the map's width.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I was wondering as to whether it would save more of the game storage to expand width of a map, or to connect a pre-existing map to the one I was making through map connections.
    Connecting a map can take slightly less space but it can introduce other problems and like Asith said, the amount of space taken by maps is completely insignificant and you should not care about that.

Back