• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with merging Battle Engine, Item Expansion and Pokemon Expansion and fixing merge conflicts.

Years
    • Seen today
    So! Let me start this off by saying I have previous experience using Java and to a lesser extent C itself but I've never looked into git in any depth so if I'm making a dumb mistake on that front please say so.

So far I have been able ton install and compile the base pokeemerald git but whenever I try to pull any of DizzyEgg's expansions the first applies fine (from what I can tell at least) but when I make the second request I get merge conflicts and end up hitting a brick wall. I know there is an older post showing how to edit the conflicts but from trying those steps it seems the various expansions have updated since the guide was posted. My question is well how do I go about getting this all to work and play nice? I know it's clearly possible and well I'd love to get on the bandwagon and play around with making my own pokemon game. This disassembly really does seem easier to use then all the separate programs needed for binary hacking.

Years
  • I'm gonna write a tutorial that explains how to solve all the merge conflicts. Should be done by this Sunday.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you for saying so and well I eagerly await your tutorial. Please keep up the amazing work I know I really appreciate things like this and I'm sure others do too.

TheRisingSean

Back, and better than ever
    Years
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    Honestly i had a heck of a lota fun writing it! any questions just dm me..! ^_^

Back