• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help with poke community terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2014
    the games seems to be named with beta/alpha etc.
    what does they mean

i know beta but what does alpha and build version mean.
    and also whats beta rsdux

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't know if you're asking about ROM Hacking or Game Development games.

I know that "alpha" when it comes to video games means the very first release. It's usually when the game is just completed and gets its very first playthrough testing. "Beta" is the second stage, when most of the major bugs are fixed and the game is released to an audience for further testing and feedback. From what I can tell, "beta redux" is the beta release of a redone game made by fans. Like there's beta redux of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time made by a fan. It's a fanmade version of the beta release of the game.

At least, that's my guess from a few very quick Google searches.

I'm just going to close this thread because it's been answered and I have no idea which section to stick it into.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back