• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Help with Victini Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    So I'm having trouble catching the Victini. I got him down to like 1HP and I throw all the pokeballs I have at him and he keeps breaking out. When I tried to go back to the pokecenter in town to get more great balls or a pokemon who can put him to sleep or something I can't get on the boat to go back to the island. GRRRRRRR am I missing something? PLEASE help. i hope i don't have to start the game from the beginning again just so I don't miss out on Victini

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Not too sure. After the event is over I can't go back there myself. But i just caught mine with a great ball. Took 20 Pokeballs and 10 Great Balls myself though.

Years
    I caught Victini after the last gym because I wanted some Timer Balls to make the capture easier (It becomes more effective if the battle lasts long time). I also bought 30 or more Ultra Balls, just to make the battle last long enough.

I hope this helps...

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    My problem is that I'm already in the lighthouse and I saved in there so I believe there's no way of me getting better or more pokeballs without leaving the island and I can't get back on the island if I leave it. Soooooo am I going to have to start the game from the beginning if I want this dude?

Years
    My problem is that I'm already in the lighthouse and I saved in there so I believe there's no way of me getting better or more pokeballs without leaving the island and I can't get back on the island if I leave it. Soooooo am I going to have to start the game from the beginning if I want this dude?
    I was able to leave the island and go back (But I flew away. Does that matter??).

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I left the island to stock up on Great Balls (which I inevitably ended up barely needing, but that's another story) and sailed back with ease. The sailor says something along the lines of:
    "You're just in time! We're just about to sail to Liberty Island."
    I can't remember whether he says that first time as well or not though.

Regardless, it's definitely possible. Are you sure you've gone to the right dock? I know I had to check a couple before I found it the second time round.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    So I fought him again and I catch him after only 2 Great Balls. Last time I threw like 6 great balls and a million other balls and nothing. Oh well at least I gottem!

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I had him paralysed and on 1HP and it took 10 great balls. I got him on my very last ball.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    So I fought him again and I catch him after only 2 Great Balls. Last time I threw like 6 great balls and a million other balls and nothing. Oh well at least I gottem!

Glad to hear you got him! He's a good little pokemon. Never had a strong fire type before so I've been training him like WHOA!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    For those who are having trouble catching Victini, here's what I used to catch it. First have a Pokemon that can faint Victini in one move. Just keep beating it with that move(once Victini is defeated, you can leave the room, then come back and it will return), until it uses endure. Then have a pokemon like Patrat to use Hypnosis or Yawn on it, then it's an easy catch. I was training my Pokemon by beating it over and over again, so when I wanted to catch it, I just got bored and caught it with my first Ultra Ball. XD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I caught Victini as soon as I got to Castelia City in a Great Ball. I had to restart that battle like 5 times because I kept running out. Victini has the same catch rate of 3 as Pokemon like Rayquaza, Regigigas, Metagross, and so on. So it's very hard to catch, even at a low level.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Its on the last dock and take a pokemon with false swipe and spore/sleep powder toss quick balls untill you have taken 15 turns then throw timerballs, I belive it has the same catch rate as a legendary.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since you've found your answer and obtained Victini, the purpose for this thread is at loss. If you have any questions you might need to have answered in the future, please ask in our Simple Questions sticky.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back