• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehHepticOne

Pokemon fanatic?!
Years
  • Problem? =\

Hey guys...

I have a little problem. I've inserted a bunch of tiles into a clean emerald rom then mapped a little map. But when I play my rom in VBA some of the tiles that I have inserted has water and flower animations in the gameplay... Is there a way to get rid of these animations?

Thanks guys =)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • How does one make a warp work when it's something like this:

(It's really small. So... no spoiler tags?)

How should I position the warp and what other things should I take care of?

Having a look at the placement of warps in the original maps will tell you alot of how to construct cave warps.

The warp should be placed one tile above the entrance/exit tile (Block 259) and has a different different tile underneath itself which actually allows the player to warp. While all of the tiles in the cave are your average tiles (Block 201), the tile which the warp is placed is different (Block 207). It has the ability to create the down arrow and has the property of 65 00 - This is what allows you to warp.

Its a bit much, but I strongly recommend that you have a close look at how the warps are created in-game.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Quick question:

I have a new map that I created for an extra indoor area. However, the border block is 3x3 rather than 2x2, which I believe is normal for indoor maps. The bottom half of the border block is filled with a random tile (not black), while the other half is normal. Whenever I change the bottom tiles and save, I go back to the map and the bottom tiles are still glitched.

Any idea what is causing this?

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
    Years
  • this issue is giving me a major headache...

I'm working on a fire red hack, on Rt 2. I moved the gate house bypassing the viridian forest to the bottom of the route, and simply repositioned the warps with it, however, when I play the game via VBA8.3 the screen simply blackens out when I enter, I've tried moving the warps, deleting and re-inserting the warps, rearranging what warps conect to which, but to no prevail. here's a picture of the warps, and which are connected to which. I did remove the Professor's aide, and moved the trade from the house on Rt. 2 to here, and changed the layout.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    hey guys. when i open new map i made (was viridian city) i got these error messages. but because im on a mac i cant open the offset. i tried playing in game and when i reach the city it freezes for a moment or heavily lags, then the sprite disappears and the game freezes.

SPG

Pyroblock
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    how do i find the tile set numbers in A-map? or can some one just give me the numbers for the standered tile set (mart pc grass ect) and the cave tile set cuz im adding a new mapp and its asking me for the tile set and i dont know what they are can some one help?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • how do i find the tile set numbers in A-map? or can some one just give me the numbers for the standered tile set (mart pc grass ect) and the cave tile set cuz im adding a new mapp and its asking me for the tile set and i dont know what they are can some one help?

you again, i even found this by myself Not being mean :P
    New map? honestly Just edit one, unless you really have to make a new one. I wouldnt recommend, but then again I used it once, then restarted cause I had no idea about it. I dont think its simple.
    If I remember right the tilesetss are:

0 - Main (Grass, trees, mart/pc, gym, water, mountains ect)
    1- Pallet town
    2- so on
    Just explor, I think the under the header tab (last one)

SPG

Pyroblock
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    ok i have another stupid problem, i made a new map and i can warp to it but i come in backwards and can't exit after i enter. how can i fix this? if this as been anwsered on a difrent forum plz link it to me

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • ok i have another stupid problem, i made a new map and i can warp to it but i come in backwards and can't exit after i enter. how can i fix this? if this as been anwsered on a difrent forum plz link it to me

Yay warps, I dont know about these at all!

Ok so heres what im guessing you got the warps set up so you can enter the new map, but on the new map did yiu warp it back to the old map?

SPG

Pyroblock
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Yay warps, I dont know about these at all!

Ok so heres what im guessing you got the warps set up so you can enter the new map, but on the new map did yiu warp it back to the old map?

um ya! thats how you connect them

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Not sure if this falls under the category of Map Help but I'm having a major issue with Advance Map.

Everytime I rename a map that's name is also used in another Header, that too gets renamed.
    What I want to know is, is there a way for me to rename one map without renaming the other?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Not sure if this falls under the category of Map Help but I'm having a major issue with Advance Map.

Everytime I rename a map that's name is also used in another Header, that too gets renamed.
    What I want to know is, is there a way for me to rename one map without renaming the other?

You can't have two different map names in the same Advance Map header, but you can move the map to an unused header and change that one's name.

Open the map you want to rename/ move, go to the header and open the dropdown box of names. Select the header you want to move the map to and then save Advance Map. Refresh Advance Map by pressing F5, open the headers and your map should have moved. Now you can rename the header what you want and the map will be affected without the other one changing :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    This may be off topic but how do you post map pics on here

take a screenshot of your map, or save your map through Advance Map, and then upload it to any image hosting sites, like imageshack, photobucket, tinypic, and many more.
    Then, click the Browse button and select your map, and click upload. Wait for the site to finish uploading it, and after a few seconds, it'll give you the image address that you need to post your mapshot here.

SPG

Pyroblock
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    how would i fix this? (video explains my problem just watch the 50 sec video and you'll see my problem)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddtdxdyzA1c

oh and 1 more thing! the map has been edited recently so it dosnt look like that any more but i have the same problem

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • how would i fix this? (video explains my problem just watch the 50 sec video and you'll see my problem)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddtdxdyzA1c

oh and 1 more thing! the map has been edited recently so it dosnt look like that any more but i have the same problem

Could you be more specific? I saw a few things that could be deemed as 'incorrect' so linking a video and blindly telling people to help isn't the best way to go around things :/

Since this is the map help thread, I'm going to assume that you are referring to the messed up border in the cave. Have a look at your connections in the cave (Ctrl+A) as I assume that you will see that it connects to a route to the south - Hence why there are trees that way. As for the wavey blue lines, they appear when you use a tile that is made out of a transparent colour in a palette. What may look like a completely black tile in Advance Map may actually be fully transparent. Blocks 0 and 2F2 (If you are using unmodified tilesets) will appear black onscreen. Change your border to either of those two and it should clear up.

On a side note, your map is going to look really weird around the border areas.

SPG

Pyroblock
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Could you be more specific? I saw a few things that could be deemed as 'incorrect' so linking a video and blindly telling people to help isn't the best way to go around things :/

Since this is the map help thread, I'm going to assume that you are referring to the messed up border in the cave. Have a look at your connections in the cave (Ctrl+A) as I assume that you will see that it connects to a route to the south - Hence why there are trees that way. As for the wavey blue lines, they appear when you use a tile that is made out of a transparent colour in a palette. What may look like a completely black tile in Advance Map may actually be fully transparent. Blocks 0 and 2F2 (If you are using unmodified tilesets) will appear black onscreen. Change your border to either of those two and it should clear up.

On a side note, your map is going to look really weird around the border areas.
    ok and the route that you see will be gone when im done with the hack (the one to the sounth when not in the cave) and that does help my problem but i was refering to not being able to exit so ya i left out alot of details you could say

Washibon

---
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Hey! I wanted to ask, is there any way to add extra towns? Would you need to insert brand new maps into the ROM? If so, what are the risks of doing this, what should I be aware of?
    FR has very little towns to work with, it's quite annoying..
    Thanks in advance!

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Hey! I wanted to ask, is there any way to add extra towns? Would you need to insert brand new maps into the ROM? If so, what are the risks of doing this, what should I be aware of?
    FR has very little towns to work with, it's quite annoying..
    Thanks in advance!

Yes a few risks here are some steps

1. (using insert new map function) don't replace maps (unless it's a map that says empty slot.)

2. If you do replace a map make sure of it 100%

3. If you don't want to do either just put in an existing bank or new bank with new map slot.

4. scroll to the bottom and you'll see your map there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back