• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    I'm in a bit of trouble in the game.
    I've just arrived in Kanto in vermillion city. My pokemon, feraligatr and togekiss are lvl 51 and 48. I lack types and moves, my friends always says that I need more pokemon in my party- so I tried out Mamoswine. After trying to find out for an hour on the internet how to get ancientpower, he is underlevel. In addition, I have also added a scyther now holding a metal coat (will be traded tomorrow).

Mamoswine - lvl 38
    Scyther - lvl 28

I'm having a lot of trouble leveling them up and the exp share isn't doing any good- rebattling the elite 4 is not viable either and I am not looking for EV points on the way because it would be a waste of time considering their natures (I know I know, I'm going to look for good ones when I finish the game). So please help me find a way how to level those two up to a decent level of maybe 50. My Mamoswine can almost wipe out Lt. Surge's gym, but I need to get him to the status quo.
    Thanks to anyone who beholds a good way of training. (rate me)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Use the Help thread next time please for questions like this - it's at the top of the section.

Best way to train really is to really use that Exp share, have to say, or the Pokewalker when you're not playing as well. Only other way is using Rare Candies en mass (and they're kinda rare) and the Day Care (which after a while isn't really feasible unless you don't mind walking about in-game. A lot.) If you've only just gotten to Kanto then you can just travel between cities and not bother taking on gyms yet as there's a large number of trainers to battle. Then there's battling wild Pokemon around their level (say in victory road or south of Blackthorn would be best), but tbh trainers and exp share give out more experience and it doesn't take too long for the wild Pokemon to end up giving relatively low exp to what is required - but whatever floats your boat I suppose...

Then you can rematch trainers as well via the phone, either they call you, or you can call them at specific times for rematches - go here for more info on that. https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml

That basically sums it up, so going to close.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back