• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Henlo!

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
  • Hi PokeCommunity!

I'm tenfrogs (not one, but ten), I'm a 27 year old gal from Australia who loves frogs, Pokemon, anime and gaming. I also skateboard, attempt to sing, and am covered in awful tattoos! I've been looking for an active and wholesome forum for a while and after browsing for a bit it appears that I've found one. Hopefully I get to know you all a lot better as I plan on sticking around for a while! If anyone wants to know anything please feel free to ask, I'm quite an open book ^.^

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Sneaky Frog Edit[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I realised I didn't include much information so here goes!

I'm deathly afraid of open water/deep water/sharks/the ocean in general. Birds also terrify me for some unknown reason. The water thing is the reason I picked up skateboarding as an alternative to surfing! And the bird thing is the reason I don't enjoy walking around with hot chips outdoors. I can currently ollie, kickflip, pop shove-it and do a basic grind, I am however learning how to heelflip and do some grind variants which is nice, but v hard. I'm struggling quite a bit, there's been a few scraped knees and elbows, but I'll get there very soon!

I've only played the Pokemon series up to Let's Go! Eevee, but I started with the original Pokemon Red and played every generation up till LG!E. I can't wait to get a Switch soon and play some of the more up-to-date generations, especially excited for BDSP and Legends! My favourite Pokemon ever is Politoed, followed very closely by Aegislash, Drifloon and Pumpkaboo. My favourite starter would have to be the OG Bulbasaur!

My favourite type of music is pop/punk. I love the bands In Her Own Words, The Home Team, Paramore, etc. That's also the type of music I enjoy singing :D I've been into this genre of music for a long time, but I did go through a stage where it was screamo or nothing. I still do enjoy Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine and a few other bands in the same vein, but my taste in music has mellowed a lot over the years. I'm also ashamed of my affinity for UK and Australian drill rap, you can thank my ex for that one, she was from the UK and loved all of that stuff. >.<

I do not currently have ten pet frogs (not even one, is sad) but I should be getting my very first v soon, as I am in the process of applying for the licence needed to own one in Australia! I do have a pet dog called Ben though, he's 12 and he's a very very good boy. He's a little Jack Russel cross Terrier, and he's the cutest thing ever. I'll take a photo of him tomorrow, though I have a lot of old ones on my phone. I think that should just about cover most things, again, if you'd like to know more do not hesitate to ask!

I should also add, I did own a Switch for all of a few months, but I'm a v clumsy girl and dropped and broke it. >.<

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi PokeCommunity!

I'm tenfrogs (not one, but ten), I'm a 27 year old from Australia who loves frogs, Pokemon, anime and gaming. I also skateboard, attempt to sing, and am covered in awful tattoos! I've been looking for an active and wholesome forum for a while and after browsing for a bit it appears that I've found one. Hopefully I get to know you all a lot better as I plan on sticking around for a while! If anyone wants to know anything please feel free to ask, I'm quite an open book ^.^
    Howdy and welcome tenfrogs! Saw you chattin' with the regulars on Discord about Final Fantasy just now, looks like you're warming up real quick :D

Frogs are awesome (if u have any pets or pics of them pls do share hehe), and so are your Pokemon interests! We got the Pokemon Anime section & the Pokemon Gaming Central if you wanna participate in discussions about those stuff. We also got a load of different sections to different areas of the games: BDSP & Legends: Arceus for the latest releases, Previous Generations if you wanna talk about the games of old, and Spin Off & Mobile Games if you're into the non mainline stuff like PMD, Ranger, Conquest, GO etc :)

How good are you at skateboarding? I can only ever dress like a boarder lmao, but seeing them do tricks on the street is always super cool~ And up top on singing! I like doing that as well, even joined a choir back in college lol. What are your fave genres to sing to? Or fave genres of music in general? Lots of other misc. talks like this you can find over at places like Entertainment & Media and Off-Topic, where I personally post a bunch heh.

Hope that wasn't too overwhelming :p There's a bunch going on in these here forums, dare I say there's something here for everyone :) With all that said, hope to see you around! Don't hesitate also to ask if you have any questions or concerns, we'd be happy to help :3 Have a good one!

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Howdy and welcome tenfrogs! Saw you chattin' with the regulars on Discord about Final Fantasy just now, looks like you're warming up real quick :D

Thank you Roni! I joined the Discord juuuuust before I signed up to the forums, and everyone's so nice :D
    Frogs are awesome (if u have any pets or pics of them pls do share hehe), and so are your Pokemon interests! We got the Pokemon Anime section & the Pokemon Gaming Central if you wanna participate in discussions about those stuff. We also got a load of different sections to different areas of the games: BDSP & Legends: Arceus for the latest releases, Previous Generations if you wanna talk about the games of old, and Spin Off & Mobile Games if you're into the non mainline stuff like PMD, Ranger, Conquest, GO etc :)

I have a lot of frog pictures that I've taken of frogs that I've seen! But sadly no frog pets as of yet, I need to apply for a licence :C I'm going to get around to it this year, though!

I'll definitely be involved in Previous Generations, as at the moment I've only played up until Let's Go! Eevee, but I'm hoping to get a Switch in the coming weeks so I'll be able to join everybody in BDSP and Legends, too! I've also been meaning to start rewatching the anime at night time when I'm settling down for bed.
    How good are you at skateboarding? I can only ever dress like a boarder lmao, but seeing them do tricks on the street is always super cool~ And up top on singing! I like doing that as well, even joined a choir back in college lol. What are your fave genres to sing to? Or fave genres of music in general? Lots of other misc. talks like this you can find over at places like Entertainment & Media and Off-Topic, where I personally post a bunch heh.

I can do a few tricks! I started off surfing, but I have a massive phobia of open water/deep water/sharks/the ocean so I picked up skating when I was about 13! I can ollie, kickflip, pop shuv-it, and can sorta do a 50-50 grind! I'm working on heelflips and different variations of grinding, next. Is hard. I like to sign pop/punk music mainly, I'm a big fan of bands like In Her Own Words, The Home Team, Paramore, etc. I'll definitely catch you over in Entertainment/Media and Off-Topic!
    Hope that wasn't too overwhelming :p There's a bunch going on in these here forums, dare I say there's something here for everyone :) With all that said, hope to see you around! Don't hesitate also to ask if you have any questions or concerns, we'd be happy to help :3 Have a good one!

Thank you so much! Can't wait to get more involved with the forums and meet a bunch of other kind people!

Years
  • Thank you Roni! I joined the Discord juuuuust before I signed up to the forums, and everyone's so nice :D
    That's what's gotten me to stay here for so long <3 Such a chill environment, and everyone's so cool~

I have a lot of frog pictures that I've taken of frogs that I've seen! But sadly no frog pets as of yet, I need to apply for a licence :C I'm going to get around to it this year, though!
    Didn't know one needed a license for frog owning :O I thought you just picked it up and called it yours lmao. But hey good luck on it!

I'll definitely be involved in Previous Generations, as at the moment I've only played up until Let's Go! Eevee, but I'm hoping to get a Switch in the coming weeks so I'll be able to join everybody in BDSP and Legends, too! I've also been meaning to start rewatching the anime at night time when I'm settling down for bed.
    Oh man have a good time with the Switch! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of folks who owned one, but then again I wouldn't wanna burn a hole that big in my pocket :p I don't earn that much (yet) so I can't justify the expense D:

I can do a few tricks! I started off surfing, but I have a massive phobia of open water/deep water/sharks/the ocean so I picked up skating when I was about 13! I can ollie, kickflip, pop shuv-it, and can sorta do a 50-50 grind! I'm working on heelflips and different variations of grinding, next. Is hard. I like to sign pop/punk music mainly, I'm a big fan of bands like In Her Own Words, The Home Team, Paramore, etc. I'll definitely catch you over in Entertainment/Media and Off-Topic!
    yO same. I have huge thalassophobia as well. 'Tis why I'm uncomfortable whenever my family/friends invite me to the beach (very common bcs we have so many beaches here lol). I think I've heard of a few of those tricks, but I'll stick to watching others do it haha~ I only know Paramore in that list of yours, but I do listen to pop and punk music almost regularly (mixed in usually with indie, alt rock, shoegaze, garage rock, etc.) I'll check out those two bands you mentioned tho!

Thank you so much! Can't wait to get more involved with the forums and meet a bunch of other kind people!
    It's a blast. You won't regret it <3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi tenfrogs! Welcome to the forums!

Aw, I love the ocean and it's inhabitants.. But I absolutely get why some people have phobias. Things like deep water and the open ocean or even just fast currents command respect. I think it's cute though that you're name is about an amphibian even though you expressed fear!

That's so cool though! Love the punk subculture and even though I used to skate a lot in the past, it's something I quit many years ago. I've gotten complacent in my older age, lol. But I do remember seeing Paramore and Bullet for my Valentine live, which was fun af!

I recommend starting out with a Pac-Man Frog as a pet! They're adorable, are super easy to take care of, and have really wonderful color morphs! Plus they can live up to ten years! That or Red Eyed Tree Frogs, which are a little more complex in husbandry but super super pretty and can be cohabited for your ten frog army!

Years
  • Hi PokeCommunity!

I'm tenfrogs (not one, but ten), I'm a 27 year old from Australia who loves frogs, Pokemon, anime and gaming. I also skateboard, attempt to sing, and am covered in awful tattoos! I've been looking for an active and wholesome forum for a while and after browsing for a bit it appears that I've found one. Hopefully I get to know you all a lot better as I plan on sticking around for a while! If anyone wants to know anything please feel free to ask, I'm quite an open book ^.^

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Sneaky Frog Edit[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I realised I didn't include much information so here goes!

I'm deathly afraid of open water/deep water/sharks/the ocean in general. Birds also terrify me for some unknown reason. The water thing is the reason I picked up skateboarding as an alternative to surfing! And the bird thing is the reason I don't enjoy walking around with hot chips outdoors. I can currently ollie, kickflip, pop shove-it and do a basic grind, I am however learning how to heelflip and do some grind variants which is nice, but v hard. I'm struggling quite a bit, there's been a few scraped knees and elbows, but I'll get there very soon!

I've only played the Pokemon series up to Let's Go! Eevee, but I started with the original Pokemon Red and played every generation up till LG!E. I can't wait to get a Switch soon and play some of the more up-to-date generations, especially excited for BDSP and Legends! My favourite Pokemon ever is Politoed, followed very closely by Aegislash, Drifloon and Pumpkaboo. My favourite starter would have to be the OG Bulbasaur!

My favourite type of music is pop/punk. I love the bands In Her Own Words, The Home Team, Paramore, etc. That's also the type of music I enjoy singing :D I've been into this genre of music for a long time, but I did go through a stage where it was screamo or nothing. I still do enjoy Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine and a few other bands in the same vein, but my taste in music has mellowed a lot over the years. I'm also ashamed of my affinity for UK and Australian drill rap, you can thank my ex for that one, she was from the UK and loved all of that stuff. >.<

I do not currently have ten pet frogs (not even one, is sad) but I should be getting my very first v soon, as I am in the process of applying for the licence needed to own one in Australia! I do have a pet dog called Ben though, he's 12 and he's a very very good boy. He's a little Jack Russel cross Terrier, and he's the cutest thing ever. I'll take a photo of him tomorrow, though I have a lot of old ones on my phone. I think that should just about cover most things, again, if you'd like to know more do not hesitate to ask!

38ff4d24a68ba64f3649889821f5655f0975b4ce_hq.gif

Hello hello!
    Did you play LGE at a friend then, if you don't have a Switch?

No intention of checking out Sword/Shield then? Or more of a budget issue maybe.
    Sword/Shield are pretty good games imo

Looking forward to Legends myself, any plans on who you would put on your team once you have a Switch and Legends?

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! Your froppy signature caught my eye and I found my way here! haha!

I used to have 4 pet frogs when I was little, loved them, frogs are great!

Hope you enjoy your time here! :)

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Hi tenfrogs! Welcome to the forums!

Aw, I love the ocean and it's inhabitants.. But I absolutely get why some people have phobias. Things like deep water and the open ocean or even just fast currents command respect. I think it's cute though that you're name is about an amphibian even though you expressed fear!

That's so cool though! Love the punk subculture and even though I used to skate a lot in the past, it's something I quit many years ago. I've gotten complacent in my older age, lol. But I do remember seeing Paramore and Bullet for my Valentine live, which was fun af!

I recommend starting out with a Pac-Man Frog as a pet! They're adorable, are super easy to take care of, and have really wonderful color morphs! Plus they can live up to ten years! That or Red Eyed Tree Frogs, which are a little more complex in husbandry but super super pretty and can be cohabited for your ten frog army!

I've been caught in a few rips in the ocean before and it just terrifies me! Plus I think I had a bad experience with sharks in a Tomb Raider game for the PS1 or 2 once and since then I can't look at them without being absolutely terrified. :C

The Pac-Man Frog is cute but that Red Eyed Tree Frog <3 my heart melts! I'm going to be getting one in the coming months so I'll definitely make sure I keep you updated on how the froggy army goes! :D
    Hello hello!
    Did you play LGE at a friend then, if you don't have a Switch?

No intention of checking out Sword/Shield then? Or more of a budget issue maybe.
    Sword/Shield are pretty good games imo

Looking forward to Legends myself, any plans on who you would put on your team once you have a Switch and Legends?

Hello! :3

Apparently I'm just really bad at introducing myself, I'm sorry T_T haha I had a Switch a while ago, but I'm v clumsy and I dropped and broke it. I've seen some Sword/Shield playthrough on Twitch and it looks a bit too hand-holdy for me, kinda like Sun/Moon which I really didn't enjoy. I might give pick one of them up if they ever end up going on sale, though, or if I just get that urge to complete the collection once I own a Switch again!

If Politoed is in Legends then I will definitely be getting one! If not I'll be adding any and all frogemon to my team ass soon as I can!
    Welcome to PC! Your froppy signature caught my eye and I found my way here! haha!

I used to have 4 pet frogs when I was little, loved them, frogs are great!

Hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Thank you!~

Aww what frogs did you have? I really want to own one or ten already, I've been preparing a nice area for them with a good terrarium/tank and I think they'd really love it. And yes, Froppy is best girl!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm going to be getting one in the coming months so I'll definitely make sure I keep you updated on how the froggy army goes! :D

Please do! I love exotic pets and inverts and all that kind of stuff so the moment you've got a cute terrarium and an even cuter frog, share pictures!!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Thank you!~

Aww what frogs did you have? I really want to own one or ten already, I've been preparing a nice area for them with a good terrarium/tank and I think they'd really love it. And yes, Froppy is best girl!

I don't remember exactly what type sorry, I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time, one was larger than the others and light green and three were smaller and darker, like a dark brown almost black (those 3 were all the same type, and I guess the bigger one was a different type lol). I'm not super educated in types of frogs, I will have to brush up on that lmao!

Good luck with your terrarium!

For sure defo agree there, she is certainly best girl!

Back