• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Here comes the Chibi

ChibiAsh

The Lepreon
Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Yes, the Chibi Ash has arrived (if a bit late :P ).

I find it a tad sad to say that I've been an avid Pokemaniac since...I was...7? since Pokemon games came out XD and have not really noticed this forum, since it has practically everything in it <3

I have been editting sprites for years, and enjoy doing so. Recently my adopted sister and I started trying to make hacks...although, due to an unfortunate mishap with my pos laptop (all the .dll files were blocked a month after purchase from unforeseen issue that Dell has refused to fix x.x ), I cannot make my own hacks.

I offer my artistic skills to those who can use the editting programs, and hopefully I will get to be a beta tester to whichever game features my sprites <3

To offer a more in depth explanation as to why I cannot actually put together my own:
    unLZ, A-mart, A-text, AEP, EEP, PEP, RS Ball, and Tile Map
    will not load any of the ROMs
    (some won't even open due to lacking .dll/.csx files)

I have plenty of ideas...but my sister won't let me steal her laptop for a night to grind and complete an idea.

The games I've played since I was young?
    Yellow
    Blue
    Red
    Silver
    Crystal
    Sapphire
    SoulSilver
    Black
    White
    Diamond
    Trading Card Game
    Pokemon Colosseum
    Pokemon XD

Yes, I happily own all of those in hard copy, not as ROMs :P

Some of my Favorite Hacks were actually made members on this site, but I have forgotten who did what, and what the usernames were ;-;

Ash's Quest
    -----------------
    I love that this follows the manga/anime
    I enjoy all the little bits and pieces the anime had that the games didn't

Quartz
    -----------------
    I haven't actually played this one myself yet, but my sister has
    I love all the edits, and can't wait to start my own game file :)

Prism
    -----------------
    First time I played this, I was FLOORED by the use of swearing/racial slurs/adult humor
    This was before I realized it was a hack and thought it was an actual game made and produced by Nintendo...
    I kept thinking "Holy Geez, they made this for KIDS?"
    Then I learned it was a hack...
    Bravo whoever made it, for I forgot...

Orange (Navajo)
    -----------------
    Kudos to this one, I have just begun my journey...but I love it already
    The first time I attempted to play this game, it froze which made me saddened...but at least I can play it now.​

XerX

Team Mercury Leader
    Years
  • Whoa. You own all of those games?? Incredible. Welcome to PC Chibi Ash. I do hope you get your laptop fixed or have some other way to sprite because I would love to see them myself.

ChibiAsh

The Lepreon
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Actually, I have all the editted sprites, and still love making them... I just can't put together a game with them xD

If you ever wish to see any, just let me know ;)

Years
  • Better late than never! :3 Welcome to PokeCommunity, Chibi!

Yeah, you'll find that lots of others have been into Pokemon since a young age here, myself included. It honestly just keeps getting better and better especially with the announcement of X and Y. *~* Have you heard about the news on that yet? Anyway, it doesn't seem like you've tried Black 2 or White 2 yet going from what you wrote, is there a reason for that? I was all over those games when they were released here in the US, hehe. xD; The plot was really good and it was such a huge improvement over Black/White! So yeah, definitely something I'd recommend later down the road if you're interested.

Spriting is pretty awesome, perhaps you can stop by the Pixel Art section and share your work with us? Recolors and fusions go in the Recolors and Fusions Thread and I'm sure you'd get some useful feedback from the regulars there if you posted some of your work. Having more artists here is pretty cool since I'm one myself and love seeing the art section of the forum get more attention. <3; But agreed, maybe you'll even find a hacking/game team to sprite for sometime; that would be totally wonderful. Really sorry to hear about your issue though, but thankfully you can always join hacking teams as a spriter and play all the awesome hacks we have around here. In that sense, you're rather lucky!

So yeah, have fun here, all right? You can always contact me if you want to chat~

ChibiAsh

The Lepreon
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    I believe the main reason I never tried Black/White 2 was the lack of funds, and they aren't out on ROMs yet |D

I have already found the Hacking teams ;) Thank you for the encouragement, I'm just off doing more editting of trainers...hopefully this one will be featured somewhere, I might just post it everywhere once it's finished simply to see it one hack or another (or cause inspiration)

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • Hey ChibiAsh !

I started playing the Pokemon games at a similar age to yourself and Blue was my first ever Pokemon game. Oh the memories of playing underneath the covers with the giant add-on tool for a Gameboy and Gameboy Colour which was a magnifying glass with a light on it ! Those were the days ! (Now kids want I-pads pfftt)

I've never done any hacking myself, but I love the original games and I really should go back and play them sometime !

One of my friends just gave me his original DS which perhaps now means I can play B/W !

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
    Years
  • Welcome! Pika! :3

I've been wanting to get into "making" pokemon use ROMS. I'm just starting to filter through the information I need to in order to do it lol

The green piplup is awesome!! :D

I'd love to see some of your other sprites :) your welcome to message me anytime! I'm new to PC also but I will help out the best I can or direct you to someone who will know the answers lol

Back