• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heroes: Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Heroes: Aftermath
    PG-15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story:
    In the year 2006, seemingly normal people discovered that they had extraordinary abilities. They could heal themselves, move objects with their minds, and even travel through space and time. The evolved humans slowly learned to control their powers, but not all used them for good. One in particular was a man who called himself Sylar. He slaughtered many, stealing their abilities. With a number of these stolen abilities, a plot was set into action. A group of people had decided that in order to cleanse the world. Using Sylar's abilities, part of New York would be destroyed, killing .07% of the world's population. Through connections with one another, a small number of these evolved humans were able to gather to stop Sylar. The heroes desperately fought with the evil man, but due to one of his stolen abilities, he could not be killed and part of New York was destroyed. Panic stricken, the world went into a chaos.

General Plot:
    It is the year 2011, the fifth anniversary of the event in New York City. Sylar is still at large, taking the abilities of many. Due to the Linderman Act passed in 2007, the government is tracking these special people. The evolved humans are being hunted not only by Sylar, but by the citizens. Many have gone into hiding. Yet everyday more and more people discover they have abilities and are forced to hide them. But the evolved humans are getting fed up with hiding. They have started to rebel, causing problems around the world. The government has become more violent toward the people. Now will they betray their fellows and take side with the government? Or protect their people from the supremacy? While the people are forced to chose, Hiro Nakamura, a man with the power to control the space/time continuum, has set in motion a plan to change the past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evolved Humans:

Name: First and Last (Middle is optional)
    Background: A brief history of the character. Family life, birthplace, ect.
    Appearance:
    Ability: The power of your character. If you need help, look at this list of abilities. Name and describe.
    Discovery: How powers were discovered
    Reaction: How character reacted to the new found ability
    Side: Government, Evolved Humans, or Undecided

Normal Humans:

Name: First and Last (Middle is optional)
    Background: A brief history of the character. Family life, birthplace, ect.
    Appearance:
    Side: Government, Evolved Humans (For normal people, this side helps the evolved humans), or Undecided

Rules:

1. At least four lines per post

2. Use correct punctuation and grammar

3. Stay active.

4. If you would like to have more than one character, you may only have up to three.

5. Do not make every character have an ability. Some have to be normal people.

NPCs: These characters will be controlled by me. Post in the discussion thread or PM me if you have ideas or want permission to temporarily control one.

Mohinder Suresh - A scientist following his father's work in genetics. He uses his father's research to find and help all of the evolved humans.

Noah Bennet - A mysterious man in horn-rimmed glasses. He acts like he's helping Mohinder protect the evolved humans, while in actuality he is really helping the government track them down due to his daughter murder by Sylar.

Sylar - A man who uses his abilities for evil. He hunts down evolved humans, kills them, then steals their power. He is wanted by the government and feared by the evolved humans. He is the cuase of the state of the world today.

Bob Bishop - The leader of "The Company." He helps the government track down people with special abilities.

Peter Petrelli - A man ith the power of empathic mimicry. He is working to free the evolved humans with his friends.

Niki Sanders - A woman who lost her family when New York exploded. She, like many others with abilities, ws imprisoned and freed by Peter Petrelli. She is helping the evolved humans cause.

Sign-Ups will not be in this topic!

Last edited:

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    RP character list:
    Greg Bane (|:Hiro:|; Evolved Human; Evolved Humans)

Brad Mathews (Brad, Apocalypse Lord; Evolved Human; Evolved Humans)

Patrick Doe (Nightwing; Evolved Human; Government)

Joe "Ice" Skidirish (Achamo-chan; Evolved Human; Evolved Humans)

"Beep" (Achamo-chan; Evolved Human; Evolved Humans)

Madison Parker (|:Hiro:|; Normal Human; Government)

Andrew Johnson (Flavaquil; Evolved Human; Undecided)

Sukko Blylliam (Waffle-san; Evolved Human; Undecided)

Last edited:

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    The RP will now official begin!

Greg threw the garbage cans out of his way. He had to get away. He couldn't get caught. The government wouldn't get him. He had to get away. But the man was getting closer. With no other choice, he channeled his abilities. His hands started to glow.

"Leave!" He yelled at the man. "I don't want to hurt you!"

"Stop!" The man yelled back. "I won't hurt you. I'm not from the government, I'm here to help."

Greg paused. But the electricity didn't go. He looked up slowly.

"Liar!" Greg started to charge. He felt a sharp pain in his neck and lost control of his body. He fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Thanks Noah," the man said calmly, picking up the boy. "I don't know what I would have done without you."

"Don't worry. You'll be able too pay me back somehow," Noah said. "Won't you, Mohinder?"

Madison shut the car door. She was on a mission with her new partner, a boy named Patrick. They had been dispatched to capture one of the evolved humans. One who wasn't working for the government yet.

"Come on," she said to Patrick. "This won't take long. She stepped up the stairs to the front door.

"Do the honors," she told her new partner. He knocked.

There was a knock at the door. Evan got up from his chair and turned off the tv. He hardly ever had visitors, and to tell the truth, even wanted them.

Evan put his hand on the knob and turned it.

"Hel-" That's all he got out of his mouth, for as soon as the door was opened, a hand flew to his throat. The hands belonged to a girl, not very tall but, by her grip, very strong. A young man stood next to her.

"Hi, Evan," she said smiling. "My name's Madison."​

Last edited:

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Patrick stood at the side of the front porch, watching Madison choke the life from Evan. A small smile crossed Patrick's pale face. Madison was truly something for a human. Still, against a man who could release pent up electrical energy, spunk and a good chokehold don't hold up. Evan blasted a small charge towards Madison, smashing her against the wall. "Always keep a charge on you, huh?" said Patrick, leaning in the door frame. Evan's response was another bolt, this time directed at Patrick. Patrick ducked, rolled into the house, and caught Evan with his back turned. "Those little shocks may hurt humans..." Patrick said, pausing and turning to face Evan in the eye, "I stopped being human a long time ago". Patrick's body became completely transparent, condensing into pure water. Evan smiled, knowing what an excellent conductor water is. "Liquid man" was about to be fryed. A bolt was shot directly at Patrick. Nothing. A smirk wrapped around Pat's face as he stared at the dumbstruck Evan. "As you may NOT know, water is a very poor conductor! The only way it can become a good conductor is if certain elements are added. That makes your so called "advantage" moot!" Evan, out of charge and alone, out of his league, was overcome. Patrick seperated a portion of his torso from the rest of his see through liquid body.
    "Sleep well". The water rushed towards Evan, flying through his facial orophases and cutting off oxygen circulation to the brain. Patrick stared at Madison, lying on the ground and sighed. He lifted her and Evan over his shoulders and carried them into his van. "I'm getting too old for this".

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • Brad had just gotting back from a day of assasination, and he heard a knock at the door. He heard s ring at the door- it was the government. They wanted all of the evolved humans. Too bad for them- Brad was in a psychotic mood at the momen. He answered the door, and a nameless agent asked him to come with them.
    "Hmm... I'd rather see you die in horrible pain." Brad said with a glee. He pulled out his special, homemade guns, and shot the man with a blast of energy. Although nothing exploded, the man started screaming as his flesh fell off, and his lungs were fryed. The man collapsed, and Brad shot a different bolt to disintegrate the man's body. he joined no one. He killed all who bothered him.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Greg awoke in a fright. He looked around, dazed. Where was he? How had he gotten here? Who was the man who had been chasing him?

"You're finally awake?" said a man sitting in a chair beside him. A scar crossed his face.

"Who're y-" Greg started to say, but was cut-off by the man.

"I'm Peter." he said.

Greg tried to get up, but fell back down. His powers weren't working either.

"Don't even try it," Peter said. "Your powers won't work until I want them to. But don't worry, we're here to help you."

"I don't need your help!" Greg said.

"Oh... You need it more than you know," Peter replied, a grin on his face.

Madison walked into Bob's office. She had been called down to his office once again. She had been doing poorly on missions lately, and the newest wasn't an exception.

She sat in front of the desk.

"Do you know why I called you down here today, Madison?" Bob asked.

"Because of my performance today," she relied.

"Yes, yes. That is exactly why," he looked down. "I'm sorry to tell you this, Madison."

"What are you talking about?" suspision rising.

"You've been demoted," he said quietly.

Screech! The door to the prison cell opened. Evan looked up into the light. In walked the man from earlier, the man who had taken him here. But where was the women?

"What do you want?" Evan asked angrily.

"Oh shut up!" the boy yelled, grabbing Evan.

The boy pushed Evan into a room. The sign on the door read, "Interrogation." What were they planning? The boy threw Evan into a chair and handcuffed him to it. A government officer sat across from him. From his badge, Evan got the man's name. Matt Parkman.

"Now lets get this started," the officer said.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • It was nearing midday as Andrew Johnson walked out onto the balcony of his new, "cool" flat in the student's block of the college campus. The view from there was grim; the explosion five years ago here had scarred the land and the survivng buildings had been left blackened and inhabitable. Although Andrew had arrived only a week before, he was beginning to regret ever making the trip. Was there any hope of finding these... evolved humans, others with abilities of their own? It seemed that the only obvious ones were the ones on the side of the Government, with the rest scared into hiding. If only he could find out where...

Andrew leaned against the balcony railing as he remembered that day, only 8 months ago when his best friend Amy had brought him that book. Now, what was it called again?

Amy had sat down in front of him and slammed a thick, blue book on the table. "This," she said, "is what you're looking for!"

Looking down, Andrew saw the book's title, Activating Evolution. "Someone's written about this before?"

"Yeah. I've read through it and it sounds exactly like what you've been going through - with the um, you know, mind moving thing."

But that was then. Andrew wished Amy was with him now, more than ever, helping him find the others with abilities. But she was back in the comforts of Sydney, which here he was in New York. Alone.

"Well, I guess finding this author might be the best start." he said out loud to himself, "After all, this... Chandra Suresh seems to have some knowledge of what was going on with this crazy evolutionary situation."

He turned and went inside to get his laptop and began looking for the whereabouts of Chandra Suresh on the Internet.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    (OOC: Flavaquil, what university is Andrew attending in NYC? Maybe we should make Rina and Andrew enrolled in the same university, for the sake of easier game play? If not, I understand. (: )

IC:
    Rina headed back to her university's dormitory complex, with a bag of groceries in tow.

She glanced down at the plastic bag, which contained a quart of milk (funny how she never realized the importance of it) and a small bag of rice (which was killing her right hand's grip). "It's times like these when I really missing having mom to drive home the groceries," she muttered, adjusting her grip on the plastic bag again.

Unfortunately for Rina: at that very moment, the plastic bag chose to create a hole at the bottom, causing the rice and milk to crash to the ground.

Rina instantaneously bent down to pick up the fallen goods, muttering minor obscenities all the while. As she stood up and brushed off the dirt on her knees, the sight before her very eyes caused her to freeze in panic. Men in military garb were sweeping the streets.

"CLOSE OFF THIS BLOCK!"

"EVERYONE IN THIS VISCINITY – FREEZE!"

"THERE IS NO NEED FOR PANIC, IF YOU ARE DEEMED SAFE, YOU WILL BE FREE TO GO!

Rina froze momentarily, but then she heard her mother's urgent voice in her mind, "Rina, what ever you do… don't EVER let them catch you."

Rina dashed off, overwhelming panic and pressure building up within her. 'Oh no, I remember this feeling…' she thought with a feeling of dread.

Then the flames took over.

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Hiro needs to post here again. >.<

Patrick sat upright in his dormitory, staring at the widescreen television balanced on the wall ahead of him. He rubbed his shoulder and felt a deep burn. Carrying Madison and that "shock-happy" freak must have strained him. He stood up from the plush couch that stood in the center of the room and walked into the small bathroom he rarely used. There wasn't truly a need for one, he had stopped needing to when he was sixteen. He removed his shirt and stood in front of the mirror. His shoulder, all of his body, waist up became translucent. A moment later, he returned to his fleshy state. The pain was gone. A voice in the built in loudspeaker blared. "Patrick, Madison, you are needed in the assignment offices, report immediately". He slipped back into his shirt, threw on a jacket and wordlessly left the apartment.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • It had been a few days since the man from the government came, wand Brad killed him. Today, he had gotten back from his neweste assasinations. His white hair was mopped with sweat- he had killed a LOT of people. Hisb house was nice- the furniture was high scale, as was the decorations and arts. Then, he heard something- the doorbell. He answered it, and there was a man. A man he knew to have alchemy. This said man was sweaty, angry, and had bloodthirst in his eyes. He lunged at Brad, but the mans fat form was easily evaded by the more limber Brad. Brad then pulled out his gun, and a shootout insued. Both of them jumped around outside, and a few palm trees were decapitated. Finally, Brad shot the man through the heart. This man had a valuable ability, and Brad suddenly had a horrid thought shoot through his brain- eat his brains and gain his alchemy. Brad ripped off the poor mans skull, and ate HIS BRAIN!!! It was pink, and squishy, and suddenyl, Brad turned his gates to gold. He felt sick, though- was he becoming like Sylar? He didn't care, and he walked inside.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back