• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heroes of the 4th Generation { 4th Gen Pokemon Fan Club }

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Hmm I'm not really sure actually. Yanmega always seemed like the speediest player in the entire game, counting a few exceptions. I don't think any of the starters can match its unbelievably good speed. After quickly checking on Bulbapedia, here are the results:
469.gif
Yanmega

Speed: 95

390.gif
Chimchar

Speed: 61

Chimchar looks to be the speedy type, but Yanmega is certainly faster. Also with the fact that Yanmega is fully evolved compared to Chimchar being a NFE Pokemon, it's quite understandable. Even if Infernape was faster, Yanmega can easily become quicker with its Speed Boost ability, easily taking its speed to new heights within the matter of a few turns. Chimchar is certainly quick on its feet though compared to other starters. While we're on the topic of Speed, Regigas has this ability called Slow Start which means it'll always move last in the first few turns. What do you guys think of this ability? Can it be made useful or is it just complete rubbish?

I don't know, I've always found Slow Start rather interesting. The only way I can think of it being useful is perhaps Trick Room? Since the slowest user moves first, I guess it could work but then again I'm not actually that sure. That or some sort of ability-swapping move, so the opponent gets the disadvantage of moving last. What are all of your opinions? :o

Regigas Ability-seapping Move Is Good

GraN143

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
IvThink Infernape Is Best Fire Type Starter Ever

Charizard Is Strong Too

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
I Think Charizard Is Strong

HP 78 266 - 360
ATTACK 84 155 - 293
DEFENSE 78 144 - 280
SP. ATK 109 200 - 348
SP. DEF 85 157 - 295
SPEED 100 184 - 328
TOTAL 534

But Infernape Is 4 gen Pokemon And I Love 4 Gen Pokemons

GraN143

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
I Think Charizard Is Strong

HP 78 266 - 360
ATTACK 84 155 - 293
DEFENSE 78 144 - 280
SP. ATK 109 200 - 348
SP. DEF 85 157 - 295
SPEED 100 184 - 328
TOTAL 534

But Infernape Is 4 gen Pokemon And I Love 4 Gen Pokemons

I Love Infernape And All Other 4 Gen Pokemons

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Just as a personal note to all of the people simply listing stats and stating things like "it's fast = it's good"; stats aren't everything, and you can't really make a decisive call on whether the Pokemon is better than another, just by looking at one single stat. Movepools, abilities, weaknesses and general distribution of stats are all important factors in whether a Pokemon is good or not, since they're all important in actually making a good Pokemon. A Pokemon could have amazing stats in some area, but could be slow and have a ton of weaknesses, rendering it more or less useless in competitive battling. Of course this isn't focusing on competitive battling, but with all the talk about stats, it honestly is looking that way :p But yeah, examples of these would be the Ryhorn family, Onix, and several other Ground/? types, because a lot of them share some other typing that at least makes them 4x weak to something, and with their lack of speed, they'd be most likely to faint in the first turn they're out, if the opponent unexpectedly uses a Grass move or something. And that has been mentioned before, but there are also things like abilities to take into account. While most of them work towards aiding the Pokemon in battles, there are examples of some that hinders Pokemon from actually using their full potential (an example of this would be Regigigas, which I will explain later :p). Movepools are usually also really important, unless the Pokemon are able to learn the desired moves through TM's.

In short, I'd just want to see more explanation on why a Pokemon is good, rather than just listing its stats to point out its Attack, Speed or whatever else. In no way is this required, since, as I said, this is on a personal note, it'd just be nice to see :)

But on that note, I think it'd be better if you moved on to a more concrete topic, since this seems to be jumping all around the place, with new Pokemon suddenly pulled out of the blue, making it a bit of a jumbled mess :p I honestly can't think of anything right now, but perhaps just move to something that doesn't focus as much on a Pokemon's abilities in battles :)

Hmm I'm not really sure actually. Yanmega always seemed like the speediest player in the entire game, counting a few exceptions. I don't think any of the starters can match its unbelievably good speed. After quickly checking on Bulbapedia, here are the results:
469.gif
Yanmega

Speed: 95

390.gif
Chimchar

Speed: 61

Chimchar looks to be the speedy type, but Yanmega is certainly faster. Also with the fact that Yanmega is fully evolved compared to Chimchar being a NFE Pokemon, it's quite understandable. Even if Infernape was faster, Yanmega can easily become quicker with its Speed Boost ability, easily taking its speed to new heights within the matter of a few turns. Chimchar is certainly quick on its feet though compared to other starters. While we're on the topic of Speed, Regigas has this ability called Slow Start which means it'll always move last in the first few turns. What do you guys think of this ability? Can it be made useful or is it just complete rubbish?

I don't know, I've always found Slow Start rather interesting. The only way I can think of it being useful is perhaps Trick Room? Since the slowest user moves first, I guess it could work but then again I'm not actually that sure. That or some sort of ability-swapping move, so the opponent gets the disadvantage of moving last. What are all of your opinions? :o
About the Slow Start ability - While the name could be interpreted as "the user of the ability always goes last", it's not actually the effect of the ability. If I remember correctly, the only Pokemon that has the ability is Regigigas, and that was only because without it, it'd be so extremely overpowered, moving him from a high tier to a really low one (I have no idea about which specific ones he'd be in though :p). As for the effects of the ability, it halves the Pokemon's Attack and Speed stat for the first 5 turns it's out. And I guess it'd be awesome to have Regigigas on your team, if your opponent had an ability swapping move, and you'd be able to predict when they'd use it, so that you could switch out Regigigas just in time, but the chance of that happening is very low, so yeah :p

Maik

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Your usernam: Maik
Your favorite Gen 4 Pokemon: Drapion
Why did you chooseTo Join This Club: Because I Like Pokemon Diamond And pearl Jurny
answer current topics. My fav moves is Rock Blast And Water Gun Because Rock Blast 1,2.3 ir 5 times in One Turne And Water Gun Looks Good

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Your usernam: Maik
Your favorite Gen 4 Pokemon: Drapion
Why did you chooseTo Join This Club: Because I Like Pokemon Diamond And pearl Jurny
answer current topics. My fav moves is Rock Blast And Water Gun Because Rock Blast 1,2.3 ir 5 times in One Turne And Water Gun Looks Good

Welcome To The Club Maik Drapion Is Great Choise And Rock Blast Is Good Move And Water Gun Also

GraN143

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
What do you think was the
strongest (non-legendary) Pokémon
introduced with the Fourth
Generation games?

I Think Strongest Non Legendary Pokemon Is INFERNAPE Because His It uses a special kind of martial arts
involving all its limbs. Its fire never
goes out. And It uses unique fighting moves with
fire on its hands and feet. It will
take on any opponent. :)

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
What do you think was the
strongest (non-legendary) Pokémon
introduced with the Fourth
Generation games?

I Think Strongest Non Legendary Pokemon Is INFERNAPE Because His It uses a special kind of martial arts
involving all its limbs. Its fire never
goes out. And It uses unique fighting moves with
fire on its hands and feet. It will
take on any opponent. :)

Infernape Is Greate Pokemon For His Speed,Power,Style And His Awesome Fire And Fighing Abilits

ClarkJ

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
username: Clark
Your favorite Gen 4 Pokemon: Grachomp
Why did you choose to join this
club?: Because I Love Grachomp
Answer A Topic: I Think Strongest Non Legendary Pokemon Is Grachomp Because It is said that when one runs at
high speed, its wings create blades
of wind that can fell nearby

Maik

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Which 4 Generation Pokemon is your favourite to use in battle?

Infernape Its Very Powerfull,Quick And It's Looks Like Angry Monkey Hah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back