• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heroes of the 4th Generation { 4th Gen Pokemon Fan Club }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Electivire is a cool Pokémon for sure, but I think his stats are a little mediocre compared to something like Garchomp haha. He has a rather remarkable move set, but I think that's where it ends :(

For me personally, it's a tie between Garchomp and Yanmega. The only reason I really remember Garchomp is for the nightmare Cynthia put me through. It can Outrage, Earthquake, heck it can even Flamethrower- how much more badass can you get? Throw in that it belongs to the unbelievably almighty dragon-type and it's a huge force that needs a lot of strategy to take down. Add in the fact that it has whopping attack and is quite fast and Garchomp is the deadliest thing in the game.
    Oh golly, how could I forget about Garchomp? XD I agree, Garchomp is 100% the strongest from Gen IV. He has incredible stats and a great move pool to back them, great abilities, and a badass design to back it up. I've never been that scared of Cynthia's Garchomp ever since taking it down with my Pachirisu in a solo run (gosh that was a long battle - thank god for Charm XD), but I'll never forget just how much trouble it gives every time. Hardest trainer Pokémon in the game to beat, I'd say!

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
  • Hmm I Don't Know Yanmega Is Powetfull,Quick Or Week

I Don't Cought Yanmega so Far

Electivire Stats
    HP 75 260 - 354
    ATTACK 123 225 - 379
    DEFENSE 67 125 - 256
    SP. ATK 95 175 - 317
    SP. DEF 85 157 - 295
    SPEED 95 175 - 317
    TOTAL 540

His not Very Speedy Like Yanmega But His Is A Powerfull Attacker

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hmm I Don't Know Yanmega Is Powetfull,Quick Or Week

I Don't Cought Yanmega so Far

Electivire Stats
    HP 75 260 - 354
    ATTACK 123 225 - 379
    DEFENSE 67 125 - 256
    SP. ATK 95 175 - 317
    SP. DEF 85 157 - 295
    SPEED 95 175 - 317
    TOTAL 540

His not Very Speedy Like Yanmega But His Is A Powerfull Attacker
    Thing about Yanmega is, he gets the ability Speed Boost. This increases his Speed stat each turn making him almost impossible to out-speed and when you give him an item like Life Orb to boost his attacking power, it makes for a quite devastating force! He's the kind of Pokémon that if you give him some work and the right moves/items, you'll be really surprised at what he can achieve. Electivire, I must admit, isn't a Pokémon that I've given much of a try (and I shall do soon!), but I think the mono-Electric typing lets him down a little haha. What do you think?

Zoka

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • yanmaga
    base stats level 50
    hp:86 146-193
    attack:76 72-140
    def: 86 81-151
    sp.atk:116 101-184
    sp.def:56 54-118
    speed: 95 90-161
    total: 515

hope this helps musaddiq

Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've always felt personally that Electivire is overshadowed by Magnezone. Magnezone has this incredible typing that gives it an immunity to poison and can easily resist a lot of things thrown at it. Even the 4x weakness to Ground isn't a real problem with Magnet Rise and throw in that incredible bulk, it's quite a solid attacker. While I can see Electivire has a much more diverse movepool, I feel Magnezone wins overall. Plus it has a pretty cool design in my opinion. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2013
    I love sinnoh alote and all it's pokemon are amazing it's also really fun to play pokemon platnium. My favorite starter in sinnoh is the adorable turtwig I've always lived sinnoh

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I felt that Rhyperior was one of the strongest non-legendaries in Sinnoh. I recall Ash fighting one in the anime and being taken down by it with relative ease. Mamoswine, another part-Ground type, gained alot of power upon evolving from Piloswine and being hard to take down. Garchomp is another very powerful non-legendary. I remember seeing Cynthia use it against Iris in Unova recently and Iris' Axew hardly left a scratch on it. Again, another part-Ground type. I'm seeing a pattern here.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
  • Megazone Stats
    HP 70 250 - 344
    ATTACK 70 130 - 262
    DEFENSE 115 211 - 361
    SP. ATK 130 238 - 394
    SP. DEF 90 166 - 306
    SPEED 60 112 - 240
    TOTAL 535

Stats Looking Great But Can He Beat Yanmega's Speed?

Ttime9631 See The Sign Up Form

Ttime9631 See The Sign Up Form

Rhyperior
    HP 115 340 - 434
    ATTACK 140 256 - 416
    DEFENSE 130 238 - 394
    SP. ATK 55 103 - 229
    SP. DEF 55 103 - 229
    SPEED 40 76 - 196
    TOTAL 535

Rhyperior Stat Same As Megazome Hi Is Very Slow

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I felt that Rhyperior was one of the strongest non-legendaries in Sinnoh. I recall Ash fighting one in the anime and being taken down by it with relative ease. Mamoswine, another part-Ground type, gained alot of power upon evolving from Piloswine and being hard to take down. Garchomp is another very powerful non-legendary. I remember seeing Cynthia use it against Iris in Unova recently and Iris' Axew hardly left a scratch on it. Again, another part-Ground type. I'm seeing a pattern here.

Rhyperior is an interesting choice, I've never really seen it as that strong though. I mean it has a ton of weaknesses that I could go on and on about, Water, Grass, Ice, Steel, Fighting and so forth. While it does have access to some great moves, that poor speed means that'll it will almost always be outspeeded. The electric immunity is nice but there are much better Ground types out there to take hits. Personally I've never seen it as that good, but then again I've never used it so I can't say for sure. But from the looks of it, although it seems like a wonderful wrecker, that speed and the guarantee to almost always be KOed by water and grass moves, is what it falls back on. Personally I think there are better ground types out there but that's just me. XD

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
  • Infernape

It uses a special kind of martial arts
    involving all its limbs. Its fire never
    goes out.
    Its crown of fire is indicative of its
    fiery nature. It is beaten by none in
    terms of quickness.
    It uses unique fighting moves with
    fire on its hands and feet. It will
    take on any opponent.
    It tosses its enemies around with
    agility. It uses all its limbs to fight
    in its own unique style.

Stats
    HP 76 262 - 356
    ATTACK 104 191 - 337
    DEFENSE 71 132 - 265
    SP. ATK 104 191 - 337
    SP. DEF 71 132 - 265
    SPEED 108

Infernape Beat Yanmega Haha..

I Think This Moveset Is Good For Electivire
    466.png

MOVESET
    Thunder
    Earthquake
    Psychic
    Flamethrower

Thunder:Effects
    Thunder deals damage and has a
    30% chance of paralyzing the target.
    Pokemon with the ability Limber
    cannot be paralyzed.

If used during rain, its accuracy
    rises to 100%. Conversely, if used
    during intense sunlight , its accuracy
    drops to 50%.

Thunder can hit Pokemon using Fly
    and Bounce, the latter dealing
    double damage.

Earthquake: Effects
    Earthquake deals damage, and will
    hit with double power if the
    opponent is underground due to the
    move Dig .

Psychic: Effects
    Psychic deals damage and has a 10%
    chance of lowering the target's
    Special Defense by one stage.
    Stats can be lowered to a minimum
    of -6 stages each.

Flamethrower: Effects
    Flamethrower deals damage and has
    a 10% chance of burning the target.
    Pokemon with the ability Water Veil
    cannot be burned.

What you Think Guyz

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I Think This Moveset Is Good For Electivire
    466.png

MOVESET
    Thunder
    Earthquake
    Psychic
    Flamethrower

What you Think Guyz

Whilst those are all good moves, they're not moves I'd choose for Electivire! Given his huge base 123 Attack compared to a mediocre base 95 Special Attack, Electivire is a Pokémon which is much better off using physical moves. Personally I'd give him moves like ThunderPunch/Wild Charge, Earthquake, Brick Break/Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Rock Slide, etc. They hit hard whilst taking advantage of his great Attack stat, and they give him a heck of a lot of coverage. Your moves would be interesting to try, but this is the set I'd use haha.

What I prefer about Electivire though is his design! Don't you think he's just such a cool looking Pokémon? He's got the whole "I'm a massive brute but I still love to have some fun" vibe about him, and the whole family has a really rare/exclusive feel behind them. They they've always seemed to me like Pokémon only usable by a truly skilled trainer as otherwise they just won't put up with the low level of skill, and that's a very appealing thought to me haha. What do you think?

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
  • Whilst those are all good moves,
    they're not moves I'd choose for
    Electivire! Given his huge base 123
    Attack compared to a mediocre base
    95 Special Attack, Electivire is a
    Pokémon which is much better off
    using physical moves. Personally I'd
    give him moves like ThunderPunch/
    Wild Charge, Earthquake, Brick
    Break/Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Fire
    Punch, Rock Slide, etc. They hit hard
    whilst taking advantage of his great
    Attack stat, and they give him a heck
    of a lot of coverage. Your moves
    would be interesting to try, but this
    is the set I'd use haha.

What I prefer about Electivire
    though is his design! Don't you
    think he's just such a cool looking
    Pokémon? He's got the whole "I'm a
    massive brute but I still love to have
    some fun" vibe about him, and the
    whole family has a really rare/
    exclusive feel behind them. They
    they've always seemed to me like
    Pokémon only usable by a truly
    skilled trainer as otherwise they just
    won't put up with the low level of
    skill, and that's a very appealing
    thought to me haha. What do you
    think?

I Think Your Right Cross chop Is Very Powerfull move,ice punch is no very powerfull,Thunder Punch good move and Rock Slide Good To Duble Team Battle :)

What You think Guyz Which Movesets Best For Your Partner's

Last edited:

GraN143

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2013
    username: GraN
    Your favorite Gen 4 Pokemon: Chimchar
    Why did you choose to join this
    club?: Because I Really Like 4 gen Pokemons
    Answer current topics: Flam Weel,Heat Wave

This Moves Are power full in pokemom diamond

Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    username: GraN
    Your favorite Gen 4 Pokemon: Chimchar
    Why did you choose to join this
    club?: Because I Really Like 4 gen Pokemons
    Answer current topics: Flam Weel,Heat Wave

This Moves Are power full in pokemom diamond

Welcome to the club! Chimchar is a relatively interesting choice. I've never really taken that much liking to it, sure it is strong but it just didn't have this spark to it for me. I'd be interesting in knowing what you like about it! It's pretty cute I have to say, but personally I think there are better fire types out there. Also yeah Gen 4 Pokemon are incredibly cool! They have some of the best Pokemon out there such as Yanmega and Togekiss roaming around. Designs are pretty good as well. Flame Wheel and Heat Wave is an interesting choice. I've always personally preferred things like Flare Blitz and Flamethrower since they hit harder, but they're some decent moves as well! But yeah, welcome. :]

Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Giga Drink
    daniel-big-drink.jpg

Nah I'm just joking! I know what you mean. Giga Drain is definitely a good move in my eyes. It can deal huge amounts of damage while recovering your own health- I've always found damage and healing moves rather helpful. Giga Drain in particular does wonders, you can weaken your opponent while keeping yourself healthy. It is really convenient! Plus that base power is nothing to laugh at either.

Thunder is certainly a devastating move as well. Outside of rain though, in my eyes it's a bit gimmicky to use. Maybe that's because I already have Tackle missing in almost every battle, I've just been a bit uncomfortable with using moves under 95% accuracy. But hey if you take risks, it can be worth it in the end. But if it misses, that could change the entire game. However, under rain Thunder becomes a total beast. With that chance to paralyze and devastating 120 base power, it's no wonder it's such a cool move. Plus who doesn't love screaming out Thunder like some sort of battle cry? What is annoying though, is that for perfect accuracy you'll need to set up Rain Dance which can waste a precious turn. Although I have to say Thunder is a brilliant move, without rain, it's just really risky. :[

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
  • daniel-big-drink.jpg

Nah I'm just joking! I know what you mean. Giga Drain is definitely a good move in my eyes. It can deal huge amounts of damage while recovering your own health- I've always found damage and healing moves rather helpful. Giga Drain in particular does wonders, you can weaken your opponent while keeping yourself healthy. It is really convenient! Plus that base power is nothing to laugh at either.

Thunder is certainly a devastating move as well. Outside of rain though, in my eyes it's a bit gimmicky to use. Maybe that's because I already have Tackle missing in almost every battle, I've just been a bit uncomfortable with using moves under 95% accuracy. But hey if you take risks, it can be worth it in the end. But if it misses, that could change the entire game. However, under rain Thunder becomes a total beast. With that chance to paralyze and devastating 120 base power, it's no wonder it's such a cool move. Plus who doesn't love screaming out Thunder like some sort of battle cry? What is annoying though, is that for perfect accuracy you'll need to set up Rain Dance which can waste a precious turn. Although I have to say Thunder is a brilliant move, without rain, it's just really risky. :[

Your Right

I Think Chimchar Is More Quick Then Yanmega

GraN143

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2013
    Infernape Stats

HP 76 262 - 356
    ATTACK 104 191 - 337
    DEFENSE 71 132 - 265
    SP. ATK 104 191 - 337
    SP. DEF 71 132 - 265
    SPEED 108 198 - 346
    TOTAL 534

Very Quick

Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hmm I'm not really sure actually. Yanmega always seemed like the speediest player in the entire game, counting a few exceptions. I don't think any of the starters can match its unbelievably good speed. After quickly checking on Bulbapedia, here are the results:
    469.gif
    Yanmega

Speed: 95

390.gif
    Chimchar

Speed: 61

Chimchar looks to be the speedy type, but Yanmega is certainly faster. Also with the fact that Yanmega is fully evolved compared to Chimchar being a NFE Pokemon, it's quite understandable. Even if Infernape was faster, Yanmega can easily become quicker with its Speed Boost ability, easily taking its speed to new heights within the matter of a few turns. Chimchar is certainly quick on its feet though compared to other starters. While we're on the topic of Speed, Regigas has this ability called Slow Start which means it'll always move last in the first few turns. What do you guys think of this ability? Can it be made useful or is it just complete rubbish?

I don't know, I've always found Slow Start rather interesting. The only way I can think of it being useful is perhaps Trick Room? Since the slowest user moves first, I guess it could work but then again I'm not actually that sure. That or some sort of ability-swapping move, so the opponent gets the disadvantage of moving last. What are all of your opinions? :o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back