• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, Dude! Check out my new tat!

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
Years
  • I like tattoos but don't have any yet. There is a big difference between wastes of ink and art that's for sure. Also when I do get some I will be sure to pick a good artist and not just some random person with a Tattoo shop.

I almost got a sleeve done a couple years ago but decided to wait a few years and before committing to the idea. I live in a very hot area and wearing long sleeve shirts everyday in a professional setting would be tiresome and costly.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think tattoos are pretty cool, I'd never get one myself though. I'm way too indecisive and I change my mind about what I like too often lol. And who knows what you're going to think in 20 years, right? Also, they tend to blur and sag out and de-colour over time and yeah it's just not for me lol.

Years
  • Well it depends on what they represent. I have two friends -one has butterfly on her wrist (butterfly has something to do with cutting - check out butterfly project on youtube) - and the other one has a ribbon - since her mom has cancer she has ribbon for that cancer tattooed on her body. That is fine with me - if those tattoos have meaning they are ok - but I don't like it when people overdo it (People who have like 90% of their body tatooed - that looks awful and it's not really healthy for your body either) - and people who tattoo the names of their passed away friends with their ashes... I personally would never get a tattoo unless it has a special meaning (something that I support for example) - I'd never tattoo the name of my dog or boyfriend or something like that - especially because you cannot get rid of it without surgery - so when I'd be old it would be kinda awkward for me to see either a name of the band or something useless like that on my skin.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • To be perfectly honest, I don't really have an opinion regarding tattoos. If people want to brand themselves, let 'em. I just like to think a fair warning should be issued, especially towards younger people. I can't begin to tell you how many ridiculous tats I see when working at the grocery store.

I'd get one myself, but I'm a bit too analytical about it, and moreso, with my weight, it just wouldn't look good. ;P

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I personally don't want them ever on my body but I'm not against them if other people choose to get them.

I find it silly to get a huge tattoo around your neck or covering your arm but a little one on your ankle or on your wrist is fine in my eyes. I believe that tattoos should be thought of for a long time to make sure that person actually does want them and won't regret it later.

Plus, they can be a lot of money. i know this one girl in my high school had a huge octopus on her arm and once it was coloured in, it cost her $800-$1,000.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Ive always liked the idea of tattoos, but i was never sure if i really wanted to get one myself. I thought to myself i wouldnt get some random things tattooed, but if i ever came up with something that was important to me, then i might consider it.

So, 2 weeks ago i got my very first tattoo. I was pretty nervous, but im glad i did it! It might not look as good in 20 years as it does now, but what it stands for will always be important to me, so yeah (:

Oh yeah, and btw, it does not hurt at all!! I was soooo scared, turns out it just tickles a bit

Years
  • I find the most beautiful techniques are a nice mix of soft shading with the high contrast of thick outlining to give a multidimensional effect.

I think this style gives the clear outlines of pop-art, while retaining an element of realism.

Here are some examples:

Spoiler:

Warning: PG-13 Anatomical Nudity
    Spoiler:

Also, what are your guys thoughts on visible tattoos in the work place?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Also, what are your guys thoughts on visible tattoos in the work place?

I dont mind if a co-worker has them, but i wouldnt get one thats too visible. I think people, and especially bosses, will always judge people w/ tattoos in a somewhat negative way, even if it's subconsciously. It all depends on the environment and the line of work though as well. I work in an office, and i have a tattop on the wrist thats easily covered up with sleeves.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • I think a good designed tat, is a great art.
    I only want a tat If it means something, still want one, but still thinking what exact.

Years
  • I personally love tattoos, all kinds (Well, maybe not ALL kinds, if you know what I mean). I don't have any tattoos (yet, thanks to not having enough money) but I want some really badly.

As for random tattoos, I love the idea (being free and confident enough to get the tattoo) but maybe make sure it isn't a fad? I wouldn't go so far as to criticize someone for the tattoo, mainly because I like tattoos, but try to get someone, even if you only like the design, that you would like later as well. Sit around with the design for a few weeks and if you can still stomach the image, go for it.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I can't really imagine why someone would be outright "against" tattoos. It's fine if you don't want to get one or don't like how they look or whatever, but to me being "against" something would imply an outright moral objection to it. ...which to me doesn't make sense. I can't think of why someone would morally object to someone else wanting to change the way they look by getting a tat. Maybe I'm just reading too much into the first post but it strikes me as kinda... over-the-top if you genuinely object to other people doing something totally cosmetic that only concerns them.

I considered getting one once in memory of someone, but in the end it just never happened. Not for any particular reason, but I kinda guess that in the end I just never felt a hugely overwhelming desire to make the jump and get something on me that'd last forever. Maybe I'll come back to it one day but atm I'm pretty much 'take-it-or-leave-it' on the matter, which certainly isn't enough to push me into getting one.

Needless to say, I'd be pretty much horrified if someone judged me for getting something like that, but that's not even because of the meaning; it's because in general I just don't think we should be judging people for looking the way they want to look. Since that's literally all a tattoo is. It's people who want part of their body to look a certain way that can be accomplished with a tattoo so they get one and it looks that way and it makes them happy. I can't imagine why anyone should have a problem with that. Honestly I don't even think any less of people who get them while drunk / on a whim / without any prior thought either. It's what they wanted at the time, it turned out to be a dumb mistake, and who are we to give them flack for that? They're probably already bothered enough about how they've got something they don't want stuck on them without getting judged for it.

Also, what are your guys thoughts on visible tattoos in the work place?

You can probably guess from what I said above - I'd be totally fine with that. I don't see why anyone has to have a problem with the way anyone else looks so if someone's refused a job / made to take a different position / whatever, I kinda can't help but see that as discrimination. I know that's probably a bit of a dramatic approach to take but I really can't think of another word for it.

All that said, people who say that they find tattoos unpleasant to look at or who would ask others to cover up their tattoos - why does it bother you?

Back