• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HEY EVERYBODY! Life Treatin Ya Good?

Years
  • Yep...I'm new here...just wanted to say hey.

Also, I'm new at hacking...and I'm having some issues. Right now I:
    -am having trouble editing Trainer/Pokemon Sprites(not even sure what program to use...to many, but most I find are so buggy they arent useable)
    -MAJOR scripting issues: Oh lord...the stuff scares me. It reminds me of Basic HTML....*shudders* I just cant understand it right now...and since I've started a hack series on Youtube, and I need it to continue, thats NOT a good thing. I keep hearing about Pokescript...but I cant find it. Help with that is appreciated, even just a link to download it, though I would much rather use XSE...but I need to LEARN script, and from what I hear Pokescript is where I need to start

But yeah. So, again, I'd like to say hello pplz^^

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Well, you have picked a pretty great forum to learn the ROM hacking trade, my friend.
    Welcome to the Pokécommunity.

You know, back in those days when I used to fiddle around with ROM hacking, I found the Simple Questions Thread to be incredibly helpful. It's an entire discussion devoted to asking questions and receiving answers from other, very knowledgeable, members. That, and the Documents and Tutorials make some pretty great resources!
    (Just remember to search and see if the question has been asked already before you post. ;D)

Don't be intimidated to learn scripting! It's not quite as difficult as it first appears. Just keep reading tutorials and trying and I'm sure you will be creating great hacks in no time at all! I do hope I will have the pleasure of seeing a project or two of yours around here some day. ;D

Take care, and I suppose I'll see you around.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Life is treating me ok.... thanks for asking, Redjacketalchemist! Oh, and welcome to PC!

If it's hacking woes you're having, I'm sure our friendly members down in the Emulation forum would love to help you out! Frankly, I'm still totally lost as to how things work down there...So basically all I got from your issues was a whole lot of gibberish. XD

I'm sure you'll have a great time once you get started...Make sure you take a good look around so you don't miss anything! Hope to see you around the forums, and have fun! =P

Years
  • Lifes treating me fine thanks :)
    Welcome to the PC- personally I dont hack, but we have a place for it here. Enjoy yourslef and have fun :)

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Welcome to PokeCommunity, Redjacketalchemist! Life's treating me good but a little boring. There's a forum here named Rom Hacking under Emulations. So read the rules and have fun!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I can't stop watching your avatar. ;_;

Anyway, welcome to PC, redjacketalchemist. I have to admit I'm not much into the hacking scene (as in, I don't do it myself but lurk creepily on that part of the board because it sounds like a really cool hobby), but I'll second Hiidoran's post that if you're looking for an answer, the ROM forums are excellent and filled with helpful people. Good luck with it. *thumbs up*

Years
  • Welcome to The PokéCommunity! I'm not that into hacking either, but from the looks of it you've come to the best Pokémon forum to further your interests in that field. This place has the most active hacking discussion I've seen. Hopefully you'll remain here for a long time. For there is no escape. :D

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    life is not treating me well. ;_;

anyway, welcome to PC!

though I don't know anything about scripting (jet!), I bet you can find all the information on the hacking section. seeing how you have a big plan, I guess you won't be bored here. so enjoy your stay!

Rey Lewis 55

Baltimore Ravens Fan
    Years
  • Hello there Jack, if I can call you that, my name is Rey and welcome to the community. I'm glad that your a new hacker here, the hacking area needs some more company.

Back