• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey everyone!!!

Phoenix Gx

Eternal Phoenix
    Years
    Hey guys. I'm known pretty much everywhere as Phoenix so I guess that's what I'll be going by here as well. Let's see where to start...
    Well. I guess I'll just start with my roots. I discovered Pokémon at the age of 10, back during the Gen 1 craze. So young. So naive. Little did I know that this hobby of watching the show and collecting the cards would end up consuming my entire life 😂. But I'm kinda glad it did. Started playing with Pokémon Blue version. Actually picked it up from my local K-Mart one day. I can remember it so clearly, even though it was so long ago. I've played every single main series game since with most of the spin-offs as well. I really got into competitive around the Gen 5 era. I thought I was a great player until one of my friends absolutely hammered my team into the ground, effortlessly. So I learned all about IVs and EVs. Started running my own Facebook groups around this time as well. Fast forward a bit. I start playing on showdown. I impress some guy in a ladder match and he invites me to a server called Azure. I think what the heck is that. So I go check it out, my fire team I was so proud of in tow. I try out for a league called The Aphro League. I got absolutely flattened again. I had the basics of competitive down but my team had absolutely no synergy. Everyone on this server seemed to be god-like. So I stick around, Battle and battle. Change things constantly. I think I'm alright. Then I discover a FB group that specializes in teaching Monotype. Guess what? I wasn't as good as I thought I was 😂. Big surprise huh? Anyway. So I redo all my training. From the ground up. I learn about team building, high risk high reward moves, choice items and how useful they were. It took a while but I finally earned the title of Master. Last summer I played dragon mono exclusively on ladder, made it to 1710. Now I'm a global moderator on Azure and I've got several, several matches and training styles under my belt. Looking forward to what Gen 8 holds and looking forward to making new friends. And to think. It all started 20 some odd years ago on a whim. Crazy to think how something so small made such a huge impact on my life.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Phoenix! Glad to see more of us old timers still into Pokémon nowadays. Competitive battling sparked my reinterest in Pokémon (well it technically never faded but I digress) and when I first started battling on our battle server here, I was pretty terrible! But eventually I kept learning and training and, while I've since stopped battling and never got any better, I had a lot of fun! I hope you're able to have lots of fun here too. :)

Happy posting!

Phoenix Gx

Eternal Phoenix
    Years
    I'm so glad to see someone replying to my post ????????????. But anyway. Yeah competitive is a ton of fun. The new Shield and Sword games look ABSOLUTELY EPIC. I'm so excited for the new generation! If you ever wanna chat about the good ol days, please feel free (I need more pokefriends who started way back in the day!)

haha yesss gen I oldies ftw. Am one of those too. Nice to meetcha Phoenix, welcome to PC!

Yeah teambuilding can be real fun. I like to breed my favorite Pokémon with good natures and egg moves, but don't really use them in the competitive scene much other than entering the Battle Tree and so on. PC is a nice place to discuss the competitive side, which I hope you'll contribute to. Have fun!

Back