• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen hey guys

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    hey guys, new to the forums and i joined because i needed help finishing my pokedex for sapphire. The only pokemon i cant seem to get my hands on is kingdra, any help plz?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Get a Seadra by evolving a Horsea you can get in Routes 132, 133, and 134, using the super rod (evolves in level 32), and then trade it to another game while holding a Dragon Scale (you can get one from wild Horseas or Bagons).

Hope it helps.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    ya but heres the problem, i can seem to catch a horsea or bagon thats holding one lol...

Years
    There is only a 5% chance that a wild Horsea or Bagon would be holding a Dragon Scale. If you have Fire Red/Leaf Green, you can obtain one on Six Island or by winning in Double Battles in Trainer Tower. Unfortunately, if you don't, then you better start catching (or thieving from) wild pokemon if you want one.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    whats more likely to have one, a horsea or a bagon?
    or if theyre both the same lol...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Im playing sapphire right now and im on that little piece of island on route 132 where theres a fisherman and and i fish into the moving water and finding a horsea is pretty rare, any better places to go?

Years
    Not really. Horsea is pretty uncommon, but Bagon is even more so. If you feel that Rt.133 and Rt. 134 may be luckier, try them, but I wouldn't doubt that Horsea is exactly as rare.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    alrite thx guys, did any of you have the same problem?

i caught like 15 horseas in a row and not one was holding one... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Suggestion: teach the TM Thief to one of your party pokemon, so, if the Horsea you use the attack against is holding one, you will get it automatically, while if it doesn't have any, you won't have to catch it to be sure anymore.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    This is the same as a Chansey with a Lucky Egg. 5% chance. It might not seem like a lot but if you are really determined too get the National dex then i would consider putting hours into trying. Have fun trying to get a Dragon Scale.

Back