• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hey! wats up with people hating spinach???

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
    i dunno why people hate spinach! do u like spinach?? i love it! or do u hate it...

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree, why do people hate spinach? I love it! Even plain, but with Ranch it is very good! Also on Pizzas can make me drool! lol Well, maybe they hate it because it is a slightly unique taste...

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    .3. I quite like spinach if it's cooked properly.

In a related topic, spinach was obviously made popular by Popeye. That's what got me liking it, and I recently found out that it was more or less a ploy by the US government to show people that tinned foods were good. Spinach rose to the third favourite meal for children in Popeye's peak. :3

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
    i just dont like the icky canned spinach. i like my spinach fresh and salad like.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Spinach is hated by people because of it's green colour and generally is assumed to be slimy.
    I don't not like spinach, but if I can avoid having it, I generally will. If it is already in my food, I won't dig around it...

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
    my whole family loves it! i nvr eaten spinach canned 4 a while, so i dunno if i like it or not... lol.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Yeah canned spinach looks pretty suss.
    I dont wan to eat 'fresh' vegetable out of a can....
    Defeats the purpose of having 'fresh' vegetables...

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    This is a little random. xD

But I like spinach, as well. I don't like it cooked or warm, but I dislike the majority of cooked vegetables. (Corn and green beans aside, they should stay cold and crisp!) I love salads, sandwiches, and wraps with spinach in them. I try to eat more now to keep my iron levels up, so the more I eat of it, the more I think I like it. =)

I never really disliked spinach all that much, but I actually was put off of it by Popeye and I can't remember exactly why. I guess because so many people acted like "oh, he's showing spinach can be good" translated into "if they need a cartoon to do that, it must not be all that good." Good job, younger me.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I love Spinach! :D

Lol at my friend though.
    He hates all fruits and vegetables(except carrots, somewhat).
    Except, he tried spinach pizza once, and he liked it! :O

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    OMG.
    My friend is very picky and he doesn't like any fruits or vegies either, but when he saw spinach he was like gagging, but he didn't mind it when he ate it.
    I don't think he ever ate it again.. :P

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I'm not particularly a fan, but I haven't tried it in a while. It's just one of those vegetables that people are taught to hate even if they haven't even tried it. ^__^

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I tried Spinach when I was younger, and I hated it.
    It's one of those food I try to prevent myself from eating.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I love spinach as well. I used to didn't like it when I was a kid. Well I tried the can one. That one is gross. But I tried the dried leafy kind, now that one is very good!

Well maybe kids think it is just plain nasty. If only they try the leafy kind.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Well I think I am the opposite of some of you, I used to love it as a baby, but now I don't really want to eat it, but I will...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I have to eat it everyday, and I am getting tired of the taste

Back