• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hey! wats up with people hating spinach???

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Tastes like any other plant in my garden, much like how all green vegetables do — chlorophyll is not nice.

It actually has little nominal nutritional value anyway, mind you. I don't know where they got Popeye from...

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    I tried it once when I was younger and I got really sick after that for some reason. I never ate it again after that. I think either I'm somehow allergic to it or the taste was so... "unique," that I couldn't handle it. I think it was from the can though so... D:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I tried it once when I was younger and I got really sick after that for some reason. I never ate it again after that. I think either I'm somehow allergic to it or the taste was so... "unique," that I couldn't handle it. I think it was from the can though so... D:
    Exactly the same way here. Although I don't think it's allergies.

I recently had some mixed with some other stuff that damped the strong taste so it was moderately good for the most part. But I still dislike it. :x

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    I think the little kids dislike it 'cause of the terrible rep it gets from TV shows and the like.

I can't stand it plain, but on pizza and is soups and salad it's tasty! <3

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I got to think about tv as well. They had Popeye, but I guess it helped in the older generation to eat spinach. The newer generation is seeing that spinach is just plain nasty. Popeye isn't needed. Yeah, good observation, Mr. Rainbow aka Roy and Cassino . ^^

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    If it comes with my meal, sure I will eat it, but other than that I won't eat it.

I don't really like it that much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2009
    Bleck! Spinach! I think the reason people don't like it is because it looks just to gooey and mushy. But Spinach leaves are good...like in salads in stuff.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I don't mind spinach, seeing as a barely taste it in the dishes my Mom makes using it. Perhaps it's tastes bad by itself, but don't all vegetables?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Most kids think that anything green and somewhat gooey on their plate is yucky, that includes spinach. I've never tasted one before, and I might become a "Popeye" before you know it.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    My absolute favorite food is spinach soup with egghalves, so count me out on the "hating" side =P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The thing is, I've never actually tried spinach. It's just you hear so much how horrible it is, I can't bring myself to eat it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not going to eat it on it's own but in a pasta or a pie or something similar I will eat it.
    What's with the overuse of question marks?

Back