• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG In-Game Team

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Hey there fellow PC members. I am posting my newly updated team in the in-game forum. I have decided not to go into the competitive world, mainly because I don't have Wifi and I am not patient enough to build an entire new team. I battle in-game with this current team, but I will battle with friends if they have the game. And by friends, I mean friends from around here who aren't crazy of the stuff as we all are.

Here's one of my special sweepers, and also my favorite. This little yellow rat is loved and hated by many. And I find it amusing to beat up on some people who hate him. Here's his moveset, I made this up my self, I didn't get it from any where else.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Timid nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

T-Bolt
Nasty Plot
Substitute
Grass Knot

Here's another special sweeper in case Pika gets knocked out, which turns out to be a real classic.

Charizard @ Leftovers
Timid nature

Flamethrower
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse
Roost ---- Probably made a mistake here, considering it adds another weakness: Ground. It also turns out that his IV's are terrible, 0 in HP, 0 in Defense, and 0 in Attack. But 24 in Speed, and 20 in Sp. Attack and 18 in Sp. Defense.

Here's my physical beasts, I tend to rotate the two around when I feel like it.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Outrage
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Earthquake

With this Nite, I was lucky to get a perfect 31 IV stat in Sp. Defense, good thing to know when you have Ice Beams coming your way. But it still doesn't do any good without Multiscale as the ability....stupid Inner Focus!

Here's the other physical beast that I rotate around with Nite:

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Jolly nature

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

I can see why this thing went Uber. This freaking thing is insane with the moveset/ev spread and nature that I have. After a SD, prepare to be OHKOd.

Here's my Support Poke/Wall. I love this thing, it takes hits like a chrome moly tank.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
EV's: 252 HP, 84 Attack, 80 Defense, 92 Sp. Defense --- Smogon EV spread

Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Earthquake --- or Explosion

Uber special sweeper, also made this moveset up myself.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Naive nature
EV's: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense

Psychic
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Recover

I also have an idea of adding Tyranitar, with a moveset like this:

@ Leftovers or Choice Band
Jolly nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Defense

Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail

-------------------------------------------------
I am pretty torn in movesets for Pika, I'm just going to go ahead and post all of them that I have/had in mind.

Light Ball
Jolly nature

Thunder Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Toxic

@ Light Ball
Timid nature

T-Bolt
Substitute
Protect
Grass Knot

I could run Volt Tackle on the Physical set, it's the recoil damage that deters me from using it.
And a little side note on the Special set. With a timid nature, 252 EV's, and 31 IV's, Pika will have 199 Special Attack at Level 100. Coupled with the Light Ball, which doubles it, he will have 398. And add on Nasty Plot which doubles it again. So take 398 + 398 and get 796. Sounds nice, but it's hard to pull it off because of his frail defenses...I guess set up a Sub, then Nasty Plot and begin sweeping. Or I could run a sleep-inducing move on one of my other Poke's, and then switch Pika in, use Sub, then Nasty Plot.

Last edited:

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
BUMP

Here's my Battle Frontier team of 3 for the Single battles, I have already swept the Tower Tycoon Palmer (first time) with it.

T-Tar @ Leftovers
Sassy nature
EV spread: 100 in each stat, with the remaining 10 in Speed

Payback ---- Stab, a GREAT attack for a Sassy nature with an already slow speed. I replaced Crunch with this, since I can have a 150 total power attack if I am the last one to move. In which, I'm slower 95% of the time.
Earthquake ---- Great attack, a must on every T-Tar.
Stone Edge ---- Another Stab move, makes 180 base power and coupled with a high critical hit ratio.
Dragon Claw ---- I don't know what I was doing, I basically just threw this move on the set, might switch it for something else. Maybe Stealth Rock to break sashes that might be lurking.

Garchomp @ Bright Powder ----- I use bright powder on Chomp, because I summon a sandstorm with T-Tar which gives Chomp a 20% evasion. I can further that evasion with a Bright Powder. It has already saved me from an Ice Beam, so give me credit!

Jolly nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

With this set, I completely sweeped Palmer after one Swords Dance.

Zapdos @ Magnet --- Might change to Life Orb for more power
Timid nature
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 Sp. Defense

Ancient Power ---- I don't really know...I can't afford Heat Wave from the move tutor, so I went with this.
Thunderbolt --- Stab, main offensive move to use. Hit bulky Ice types that Garchomp is afraid of. Like Dewgong.
Roost --- I love the source of recovery, it has saved me a lot, too.
U Turn ---- I know Timid reduces Attack, but I just wanted a move that I can use to safely switch out.

I usually lead with Zapdos, and if anything is sent out that resists my moves, I will U Turn to something that counters. I find that this is a nice team, but I have struggled, too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For Charizard I'd consider replacing Roost for Focus Blast and giving it a Choice Specs or Wise Glasses instead. Also give Garchomp a Life Orb or Muscle Band to replace Leftovers too. I'd also replace Recover or Shadow Ball with Calm Mind on Mewtwo.

I'd go with the special set on Pikachu and finally switch Leftovers for either Lum Berry or Life Orb on Dragonite.

Hope that helps.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Thanks Xulek for the suggestions. I don't know about Focus Blast on Zard...considering how frail he is (from my experience). Might use a Starmie with this moveset

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid nature
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Recover

Updated yellow mouse:

Pika @ Light Ball
Timid nature
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

T-Bolt
Nasty Plot
Substitute
Grass Knot

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
NP.

Focus Blast is shaky accuracy wise but it is a saving grace when it connects against opponents such as Tyranitar or Aggron for example.

I'd cut Charizard for the Starmie in that case since Charizard seems to the least important member of the team IMO and Starmie would be an overall more efficient special sweeper since Dragonite and Garchomp already have Fire Punch and Fire Fang respectively to fill Charizard's shoes in its place.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Bump.

Updated 'Chu set:

@ Light Ball
Timid nature
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

T-Bolt
Grass Knot
Protect
Toxic

I use Toxic as a last ditch effort, I might replace this for Substitute later on. The reason why I don't have Nasty Plot is because I actually caught this and not bred it. I have a female Timid Pichu that I can breed for Nasty Plot, just can't get her to breed with anyone. I left it in there for weeks and it never bred. I'd prefer a male Pikachu though....

Edit: I just swept my friend's team...'Chu did fine. He poisoned 3 of his Poke's without dying. Plus T-Bolted 2 of his Poke's to death.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
Rotating Charizard with Gyarados.

Gyarados (Shiny) @ Lefties
Adamant nature
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 Defense

Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Also, using this Bronzong set: