• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Game Corner Changed - for EVERYWHERE outside Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shem

Bored...
Years
  • I didnt paritcularily care for the game corner anyway, I always just bought the coins to get whatever I needed, I just find it absolutely ridiculous that Nintendo finds that pseudo-gambling is too offensive for the kiddies but forcing animals to fight each other for the entertainment of humans is okay.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I just found this today, this is footage of the new game corner and voltorb flip in english. See for youself.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    As long as it's only for you Europeans, I'm fine with it. (I'm Polish, but I live in the US :P)

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I'm currently playing the game Voltorb Flip and let me tell you, I FAIL at it horribly, although I did get up to level 2.

But it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Right after I posted this, the board crashed. D:

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Minesweeper IS SO MUCH BETTER then Slot Machine...Slots are snozefest I like the change

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Would you still be mad if Japan got whatever the heck we got and everyone else not named Japan got slots?

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • God Nintendo needs to grow up.
    It probably wasn't their first choice.

Going by all the controversy that's hit Australia recently (L4D2's original ban and then censor due to us not having an R18 rating) could have influenced Nintendo into altering the other regions of the game, just to make sure it gets its G rating. The Pokemon games are generally aimed at the older fans who are already going to buy the games no matter what, as well as younger fans whose parents may be skeptical about buying a game rated 'PG for gambling references' or something.

*shrug*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back