• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
Years
  • Well, I think you can use the pokewalker with the new HG/SS. Im not sure about that. but you do get another pokewalker from HG/SS if you buy it, right?
    Oh yes, you can't use two pokewalkers per game at one time, in case you were thinking that.

Yeah I get a new Pokewalker if I buy a new HG/SS, but I was actually thinking about an used one, due to price diference.

Thanks for the help^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2011
    Shiny Kanto Starters

Can you tell if when you are choosing a Kanto starter if it is shiny before you pick it?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • As far as I know - no, thee display picture when picking the Pokemon for the Kanto starters will not show if it is shiny or not - only for the Johto starters. (If someone thinks otherwise feel free to post!).

In the off-chance it isn't the case (because I'm not 100% sure myself) I'm moving this to the Help thread - please post any other questions on HGSS that you have there, please.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
  • Breeding Blues

I'll try to make this short. I'm working to breed a genderless Pokemon by breeding it with a perfect IV Ditto (my friend's hacked one, not my own, so it still counts =P). However, this particular Pokemon needs a particular hidden power type of a particular BP (Fire, 70.) I'm a rather skilled breeder (certainly not a flub) and know about Power Items, Everstone, and how two other IV's from a random stat of either parent are carried over to the baby along with the Power Item-ensured one. I ran some specs on the chance of me breeding the right nature, right ability, right highest IV's, and right supporting IV's to get the right HP (even and leaving a remainder of 2 when divided by 4), and the chances look, well, depressing.

(chance of right nature)x("ability)x("ensured IV)x(2nd inherited IV)x(3rd inherited IV)x(chance of the rest of the IV's being even)x(chance of the rest of the IV's leaving a remainder of 2 when divided by 4)

(1/2)(1/2)(1)(1/5)(1/4)(1/8)(1/8)=(1/5120)

Is this right? Are my chances really as slim as every 1 in 5,120? The IV's I intend on passing down will be 31 on both parents.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'll merge this into the Help thread sticky for you so someone can answer this in the right place. I imagine the maths there, despite not really knowing the ins and outs of IV breeding, to be at least near correct if not that (I am unsure about if in HGSS there will always be 3 IVs passed down from the parents or only at most three for instance)... at any rate breeding for perfect HPs are pretty tricky afaik.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • I just beat Red then went to go get the Blue Orb from Mr. Pokemon (on HG) but when I talk to him he keeps going on about "Kimono Girls"
    What do I do?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Something weird just happened...

Alright. Usually after you beat Pryce, you immediately get a phone call from Elm about Team Rocket has taken over the radio tower. I didnt receive a phone.

When I got to mahogeny, i helped Lance defeat Team Rocket. Then I went to the gym and won. And no phone call.

Did I do anything wrong?

And when I went into the basement in Goldenrod, the rocket (who gives you the clothes to wear) isnt there.

Last edited:

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    This is a blessing, If it doesn't happen, DONT DO IT. evrything that has to do with team rocket is pointless. Don't worry about it

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Here's another possible and far simpler explanation - you didn't beat the gym leaders in order. Because the call doesn't happen after you beat Pryce specifically but after you leave a gym building after getting the 7th badge - so if that's the case beat Jasmine and Chuck first and then Elm will call you.

Moving to the help thread in case that's not it (for instance it may be you didn't trigger another in-game event yet).

BTW, salmence33, spammy confusing answers like that don't make you look funny nor are being you helpful to anyone by doing that.

Years
  • Someone help me with Ralts... when does the bastard appear in the swarm

The swarms are completely random, you'll just have to check what today's swarm is every day and hopefully Ralts will pop up soon. Or you can trade it from another game using Wi-Fi.

Years
  • I need help with something. I got a surfing pikachu from a dude long time ago. I didn't get the nature I wanted. But if I breed it will the pichu know surf as well. Post here then vm me for answers.

Years
  • I need help with something. I got a surfing pikachu from a dude long time ago. I didn't get the nature I wanted. But if I breed it will the pichu know surf as well. Post here then vm me for answers.

Nope. Because surf is an event move for Pikachu, also all surfing Pikachu's are female so it wouldn't be able to anyway.

Back