• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
  • first chase it so it is in the bottom-left corner, by the rock. That's right where you want it. See those sticks? The piles of sticks that make noise when you step on them? Walk across both piles and watch the Farfetch'd listen to the noise, turning which direction it's looking.

When it's down there, step on the bottom set of twigs, the ones directly to the south of the rock it is by, then carefully walk to the right, avoiding that other set of twigs and go in from the other side of the clearing so you'll wind up behind the Farfetch'd. Press A by it when you're behind it and it's facing away and you'll catch it, bringing it back to the dude from earlier.

He expects you to go get the other one he lost. It's farther back in the forest. Head east, pick up the Revive along the way, and head for the next Farfetch'd. This patch is very similar and it will seem like the last one you just did, but it's actually a little more interesting due to where the twigs are placed.

To bag this Farfetch'd, lure it to the top-right corner (it won't go in the area where the two twigs are, so don't worry). When it's there, walk over and step on the set of twigs directly to its right. That will cause it to look right. Then walk up into the corner, carefully avoid the northern-most twigs, and then walk up so you're behind it. That's it

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Near the two rocks, or the one? Im trying lol.

Its really not working, maybe I am just not getting it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    Help Pokedex

Good morning. I transfer my pokemon, pokemon platinum to my heart gold cartridge with pokesav, but are not counted in the Pokedex

how can it be taken into account in the Pokedex ?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I found a dawn stone....what do i do with it?
    Also in short acpture them from behind, the Farfetch'd that is

Either click here or you can use it on a male kirlia (it has to be male) to evolve it into a Gallade, or a female Snorunt to evolve it into a Froslass. Hope I helped! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Any help? :) I really cannot get this bird! Its annoying the hell out of me! :P

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Any help? :) I really cannot get this bird! Its annoying the hell out of me! :P

first chase it so it is in the bottom-left corner, by the rock. That's right where you want it. See those sticks? The piles of sticks that make noise when you step on them? Walk across both piles and watch the Farfetch'd listen to the noise, turning which direction it's looking.

When it's down there, step on the bottom set of twigs, the ones directly to the south of the rock it is by, then carefully walk to the right, avoiding that other set of twigs and go in from the other side of the clearing so you'll wind up behind the Farfetch'd. Press A by it when you're behind it and it's facing away and you'll catch it, bringing it back to the dude from earlier.

He expects you to go get the other one he lost. It's farther back in the forest. Head east, pick up the Revive along the way, and head for the next Farfetch'd. This patch is very similar and it will seem like the last one you just did, but it's actually a little more interesting due to where the twigs are placed.

To bag this Farfetch'd, lure it to the top-right corner (it won't go in the area where the two twigs are, so don't worry). When it's there, walk over and step on the set of twigs directly to its right. That will cause it to look right. Then walk up into the corner, carefully avoid the northern-most twigs, and then walk up so you're behind it. That's it

^^ This.

Basically, stepping on the twigs makes a noise and scared the Farfertch'd. You have to find a way to get behind it so it can't see you and grab it then. The quoted post details on the easiest way to do this.

Kratos184

pokémon heart gold is cool
    Years
  • If you get rid of Onix for Snorlax Aerodactyl is a good choice. That, or you can pick Xatu (for Flying/Psychic), Honchkrow/Mukrow (Flying/Dark), or possibly Gliscor/Gligar (Flying/Ground). This way you can avoid have two of the same type.

As for Onix for Snorlax, it does more good to your team than bad, as you rid of the grass weaknesses and such for a Pokemon with only one weakness: fighting. However, another alternative is Steelix (which you trade your Onix - or any other Pokemon to - to Jasmine for after you beat her in a rematch. Just as long as you don't mind the nickname 'Rusty'. That or trade with someone with a Metal Coat.) As Steelix will do you some good for Lance for many of his Pokemon. Garchomp is one big heck of an exception.

is there any way of evolving my onix when i don't have friends playings this game? lol

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    is there any way of evolving my onix when i don't have friends playings this game? lol

If the GTS method doesn't work, you can catch a Steelix in the Cliffs/Cliff Cave area that span the distance between Cianwood and the Safari zone. Though be warned, Steelix can take a little while to show up so you have to be patient. :)

I left my Onix as he was and simply caught a Steelix there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Im stuck on Goldenrod City Gym, a woman is standing infront of it? Ive explored everywhere and cannot find out how to do it?

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Im stuck on Goldenrod City Gym, a woman is standing infront of it? Ive explored everywhere and cannot find out how to do it?

What does the woman say?

If I remember right, you need to run into Whitney (the Gym Leader) at the Radio Tower on the first floor at the information desk which will prompt her to return to the Gym.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • I need help beating E4, i don't know what pokemon to use my team is:

Lv. 26 Raticate
    Lv. 41 Garados
    Lv. 45 Typlosion
    Lv. 39 Amparos
    Lv. 33 Dohnpan
    Lv. 46 Ho-oh

All i know is that Will is Psychic and Koga is Poison and that is what The Raticate and Ho-oh are for, but what other type specific pokemon should i catch and what levels?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Breeding Question

What are the quotes the Day Care Man will say when you have two Pokemon together, and which ones will yield and egg and which ones will positively have no chance of yielding an egg?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I need help beating E4, i don't know what pokemon to use my team is:

Lv. 26 Raticate
    Lv. 41 Garados
    Lv. 45 Typlosion
    Lv. 39 Amparos
    Lv. 33 Dohnpan
    Lv. 46 Ho-oh

All i know is that Will is Psychic and Koga is Poison and that is what The Raticate and Ho-oh are for, but what other type specific pokemon should i catch and what levels?

well maybe you will have some troubles with Lance but if you train your team to at least lv 48, all will be easy (well, lest difficult). Try to teach to Gyarados Ice Beam or Blizzard but if you're like me and don't use the TM's well, stock at least 20 revives and 20 hyperpotions =)

Back