• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Do I have to have at least 1 Pokemon in my party with Rock Climb to battle Red or can I change Pokemon right before battling Red?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    ok does the route unlock as soon as you trade the night sky Jirachi over to HG/SS or do you have to do something first

You just need to transfer any Jirachi to HG/SS. There is no specific Jirachi that works, any will. And the route will unlock without you needing to put the Jirachi in the Pokéwalker. Just transfer and you're done~

Do I have to have at least 1 Pokemon in my party with Rock Climb to battle Red or can I change Pokemon right before battling Red?

Yes, you will need to bring someone who knows Rock Climb, and you will not be able to change your party before challenging him. It's not such a horrible move anyway, so if you happen to have a Pokémon that can learn it, just replace a move that is easily re-obtained, perhaps via Heart Scale.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Yes, you will need to bring someone who knows Rock Climb, and you will not be able to change your party before challenging him. It's not such a horrible move anyway, so if you happen to have a Pokémon that can learn it, just replace a move that is easily re-obtained, perhaps via Heart Scale.
    Well that sucks... Anyways, is it possible to steal the Light Ball from Red's Pikachu? I mean, steal and keep it?

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Yup, you can steal and keep Red's Pikachu's Light Ball.
    If I battle him again, will his Pikachu have another Light Ball or will it be missing? And after I beat him, is there some sort of record of my Team that beaten Red?

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    The Pikachu will be holding another one, so you can steal as many as you'd like. And the only record as far as I know is the special Legend Ribbon that the Pokémon you used will obtain.

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
    Years
    Need some training tips.

Well, I'm trying to train for the elite four.
    I only have three pokemon over 40.
    All my others are 20- 30.
    Were can i train my lowlevels
    ? What are good spots on soulsilver to train

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Well, I'm trying to train for the elite four.
    I only have three pokemon over 40.
    All my others are 20- 30.
    Were can i train my lowlevels
    ? What are good spots on soulsilver to train
    Merged your question here in the Help Thread.

Your best bet would be training in Victory Road. It's the closest place that has the highest leveled Pokémon so far and will allow your Pokémon to level up faster. If any trainer rematches comes up though, those are also good to do some extra training before you take on the Elite Four.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Use the Exp. Share to level each one up to where they can hold their own, then rinse and repeat.

TopHat

I'm All WillyWonka.
    Years
    Were can I get exp sharee.
    And what does mean rinse mean,
    I'm new to the world of training pokemon.
    I normally just play and beat the game

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    After you went to Lake of Rage and caught/defeated the red Gyarados, it left behind a red scale. Take that scale to Mr. Pokemon in his house north of Cherrygrove, and he'll give you the Exp. Share. You could also keep doing the Goldenrod Lottery until you get lucky and have 3 digits match, but the Scale delivery is a guaranteed Exp. Share.

"Rinse and repeat" isn't a Pokémon specific term...in this case I meant that when one Pokémon is high enough, take the Exp. Share off of it and give it to the next low leveled Pokémon until your whole team is high enough to kill mobs on their own.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    migrate menu plss help me

plss help me i dont have the migrate menu in my soul silver how can i access that menu?? i already defeat elite 4 and i have 12 badges and im here now at fuschia city and im at the pal park.. plsss help me get the menu plssss

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    plss help me i dont have the migrate menu in my soul silver how can i access that menu?? i already defeat elite 4 and i have 12 badges and im here now at fuschia city and im at the pal park.. plsss help me get the menu plssss

All I can say to help you is this extract from Bulbapedia:
    The Pal Park in HeartGold and SoulSilver is located where the Kanto Safari Zone was in previous games, at the north end of Fuchsia City. As players cannot enter Kanto without the National Pokédex, it is also required in these games. As soon as the player has arrived in the city, the migrate option will appear on the menu screen.

Beyond that, I'm sorry but I just don't know. :/

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Just wondering, is there like a hidden effect in Hyper voice that awakens pokemon sooner? Because I was fighting my rival's feraligatr today, put it to sleep, then hyper voiced it and it immediately woke up. Then I put it to sleep again, hyper voiced, and AGAIN it woke up in 1 turn.

JFK

hey there
    Years
    how do i get my kingdra to like me enough to teach it draco meteor?
    i've been battling random pokes, riding on the bike with soothe bell. for what seems like hours. it's grown almost 30 levels.. to no avail.

i got it in a trade btw.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i've been battling random pokes, riding on the bike with soothe bell. for what seems like hours. it's grown almost 30 levels.. to no avail.

i got it in a trade btw.

trade pokemon ALWAYS take longer, just dont give up itll warm up to you soon ^_^

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Just wondering, is there like a hidden effect in Hyper voice that awakens pokemon sooner? Because I was fighting my rival's feraligatr today, put it to sleep, then hyper voiced it and it immediately woke up. Then I put it to sleep again, hyper voiced, and AGAIN it woke up in 1 turn.
    There isn't anything recorded on Bulbapedia, Serebii or Smogon about it having an additional effect. It was probably just dumb luck :S

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

i got it in a trade btw.
    try talking to it more often... sooner or later... TA DAAAA

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    How Happy is your Pokemon?!

How do you find out the "number" that represents how happy your pokemon is?!

I've been trying to evolve Eevee at night for like few hours now... it was lvl 1 and it's lvl 23 and it's always happy...

:(

Back