• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    They don't multiply EVs, they add on 4 EVs of the stat they say they raise.

For example:
    Battling a Sentret (1 Atk) while holding the Power Anklet (Speed) will result in 1 Atk EV and 4 Speed EVs.
    Battling a Ratatta (1 Spe) while holding the Power Anklet (Speed) will result in 5 Speed EVs (Ratatta's + the 4 from the Power Anklet).

the macho brace doubles em right?

Pokegear.net

The Pokegear
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Correct, the Macho Brace can be found by trading a drowzee for machop in the Goldenrod Department Store

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Does anyone know how to fix one tiny crack on a PokeWalker? O: I really dislike the look. >:

Pokegear.net

The Pokegear
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    You couldn't really fix it but possibly patch it. You could paint it or use similarly coloured tape or maybe. Try the tape first as it would be harder to get the paint off.

The pokewalker's design shouldn't matter anyway so long as it still functions properly.

Years
  • It's impossible since the game can tell if you're changing the date to try and exploit daily events. You'll have to get his number the way it was intended.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    If Eevee tries to evolve at night into Umbreon, can I stop the evolution and have it evolve into Espeon during the day? I assume so, but I am not sure.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • ofcourse you can I have i was going for espeon but it turned to night right before it tried to evolve so I had to wait another day but yeah you can stop it

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Does the ability Synchronize carry over to the Pokewalker, or is it too primitive?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    how exactly does breeding with power items work?

are the odds of transferring stats from both parents 100% or not?

cuz the lucario i bred had 31 speed ivs, but it didn't get the 31 Satk ivs from the ditto that was holding power lens

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
  • Masuda Method Question.

Im planning on breading a shiny. But im just wondering, will these work out?

1.Male ENG Lucario + Jap/Ger/Etc Ditto = Masuda? (I know it makes it faster not instant)

2.French Tyrouge + Eng ditto = Masuda?

3. Any ENG Pokemon + Jap/Ger/Etc Ditto = Masuda.

If you could explain in the same format as the question thanks with breif details.

Years
  • can't find the help thread for HGSS so its going here

is spikes SR rapidspin and explosion good enough or should i get toxicspikes and ditch rapidspin or explosion? im thinking of just using it for the E4 so RS really isnt needed at all but i will be making a forettress for battling

and what TM is toxicspikes and where do i get it? :S

or do i have to breed with beedril to get it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok. I haven't found a single pokemon fossil since I finished the game in 100 something hours. Does anyone know where to look? I want to start looking for some. After you find the fossil who do you take the fossil too? I know in gold and silver version you take it to some pokemon mansion.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Ok. I haven't found a single pokemon fossil since I finished the game in 100 something hours. Does anyone know where to look? I want to start looking for some. After you find the fossil who do you take the fossil too? I know in gold and silver version you take it to some pokemon mansion.

u get them sometimes when using rock smash (outside of battle)

i "think" the guy u talk to is in the pewter museum, but i'm not 100% sure

yep just checked he's in the pewter museum

Last edited:

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
  • If this is in the wrong thread, please move it, but I have a team nearly built for my SS (a just for fun run) I have four of them and a planned fifth, but need help deciding on the final member of my team. My current finalized team would be:
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Togekiss
    Crobat
    Gengar.
    Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • If this is in the wrong thread, please move it, but I have a team nearly built for my SS (a just for fun run) I have four of them and a planned fifth, but need help deciding on the final member of my team. My current finalized team would be:
    Ampharos
    Espeon
    Togekiss
    Crobat
    Gengar.
    Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

lapras has always been one of my favorites. if you like your starter you could add them, but are you building it for competitive or no? im not a competitive type at all so i couldn't help you there, but for the main game i'd add a water in there.

Back