• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Scramble Challenge

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Seeing as more people seem to want to have teams chosen for them or team advice and the like recently, a Scramble challenge thread there shall be. So now you can play through HG/SS and have other members solve your 'who should I choose' problems and maybe have a challenge with it as well!

Basically, post if you want a team, and other members will give you a random Pokemon to use. Specify if you want any restrictions (e.g. weak Pokemon only, or a monotype team, in-game or traded Pokemon, certain moves Pokemon given to you must know, etc), and feel free to tell us how you're progressing with your challenge as well. The aim is to beat Red with your team (although you can go for just all 16 gyms or the Elite Four alternatively, seeing that Red does have a team full of level 80+ Pokemon - up to you). Or post to give people a random Pokemon to use in their team.

Rules:
    • Don't give a challenger a Pokemon they already have in their team, and pay attention to any restrictions they request.
    • You can only issue one Pokemon to each challenger.
    • No useless Pokemon (e.g. unevolved Catepie or Magikarp), unless the challenger wants useless Pokemon and says so.
    • Please indicate what version you are using (HG/SS), and if you want to include Pokemon traded from other games, which games you can trade with. Also indicate what specifications/restrictions you wish to impose on yourself, and how far you want to reach (e.g. Elite Four, beating Red, etc).
    • Post only if you are taking up a challenge, are updating your progress (within reason - don't tell us every single time a Pokemon wins a battle; keep it to major events or the such), or giving someone a Pokemon.

Have fun battling away!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    monday suck, The first best step would be to choose which starter you prefer. This could either be Chikorita, Totodile, or Cyndaquil. Depending on how difficult you want the game to be starts off by depending which of these Pokémon you choose first. Cyndaquil for easy game play, Totodile for average difficulty, and Chikorita for difficult game play. Once deciding on one of these, then you can move onto the next members of your team before the Elite.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Which starter i'll choose? I thought this is about random Pokemon with random restrictions, not a perfectly planned and balanced team...
    It's basically to help others with their teams whether it be randomly or planned. Regardless, my first suggestion to you would be Pidgey for a start. It can help you in many ways that it is strong and will help with HM Fly to get you around places quickly. Plus, by the time you arrive at the Elite it'll be a highly trained Pidgeot and I'm sure it'll do your team well.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    People can go without starters if they wish, many who do scramble challenges end up having to ditch their starter. Up to the person themselves I suppose if they want their starter Pokemon to be available for them or not, or if they want a 'balanced' or random team. (Or one can go with an unevolved starter, alternatively).

At any rate - take a...Seaking. -_-

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Monday's suck, get a Spinerak which can only know attacks it could learn in G/S/C
    Spinerak is only available in HeartGold and DPPt. Seeing mondays suck has no option to trade, he won't be able to use Spinerak in his team sadly.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Count me in.

Username: ジャック
    Pokémon Specifications: Unevolved Pokémon - Basic Forms Only.
    Don't want to Trade.
    No Pokémon that are Single Stage [I.E, Miltank, Tauros, Stantler, etc.]
    No Bug Types.
    No Starters.
    No move restrictions.
    No two pokémon share the same type.
    User Specifications: Soul Silver
    Team (So Far);
    - Natu
    - Swinub
    -
    -
    - HM Slave
    - HM Slave

Last edited:

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
    Oh scramble challenges...the perfect way to torture people with the most rare and difficult pokemon.

Well, I suppose today I fell unusually benevolent,
    Take a Natu (for the person above. sorry I cant spell the username!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    ジャック take a Dunsparce with Serene Grace (easily found when Rock Smashing in Dark Cave)

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    ooops i misread that line ><

take a Rattata then since you need an early catch

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Shiny_Latios, take a Vulpix, which can only be evolved after defeating Pryce.
    ジャック, take a Nidoran♀.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I want to enter this challenge...No super weaknesses (see below) though...No same types and I prefer dual-types.

Use this to make sure its not Red on any weaknesses... :P

Team
    Pokemon 1: Ekans -> Arbok
    Pokemon 2:
    Pokemon 3:
    Pokemon 4:
    Pokemon 5:
    Pokemon 6:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2010
    I want to enter this challenge...No super weaknesses (see below) though...No same types and all dual types if possible.

Use this to make sure its not Red on any weaknesses... :P

You should use Ekans/Arbok :D

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Wonderful Challenge!
    I'm in. :)

Name: Porygon Z
    Version: Soul Silver.

Just choose four Pokèmon, with Fire, Steel, Electric, and Flying type each one, and evolving when do you want (before the Elite Four).

The rest is all yours!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Vulpix -> Ninetales (At Lighthouse or after) for Porygon Z...

I still need Pokemon

Back