• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS - Updated Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Hopefully when you go through the game the first time the gym leaders and E4 get roster updates. Don't wanna see another trainer with duplicate pokemon on their team (3 Dragonites? Really now?!)

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Um....what?

Pikachu with a light ball can exceed 400 Special Attack...

I think they should make Red's whole team level 90-95, just to outclass Pearl...I mean serously, dont ya think lvl 100 is a bit too tough for an in-game trainer?

yeah, if only it could get an attack in without being felled by the first blow, and its base 90 speed isn't going to help it much against most other pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    They'll level them up for sure, they could make the first half of the game a little longer for preparation

Years
    What Game Freak should do and what they will do might be completely different. However, I hope they add 'boosts' to Red's pokemon every time you battle him, eventually making his entire team full of beastly pokemon. His pokemon should also have the correct movesets and items of a battle-ready team.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Most likely. I hope he does, but if he doesn't I really don't mind.
    I would totally spaz out. It wouldn't be the same to see Red without Pikachu. ;-; Well, to me, it is.

You know what, why not just make all level 100 for out sakes (LoL). It'll definitely be a challenge, that's for sure.
    No matter how much I like that idea, I can't see that happening. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Up until the release of Pokémon Platinum, Red - from Gold, Silver, and Crystal - had the highest level Pokémon in any of the games, (Excluding the Battle Towers and Frontiers.) He had a Level 81 Pikachu, level 73 Espeon, 75 snorlax, and level 77 Kanto starters.

In Platinum,The Player's Rival, Pearl, will have his starter at level 85 later in the game, and two of his other Pokémon above level 81, and one At level 81) All of Pearl's Pokémon are at a higher level than Red's Second strongest Pokémon

The question I'm trying to get at is, do you think that Game Freak will boost Red's Party to beat Pearl's, or Leave them alone and make Pearl the reigning champion of all of the Pokémon games?
    We already had a thread for discussing the beefing up of opponents in the game so I've merged yours with it. :>

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I think all the levels Should be raised Heaps like 5 to 15 levels and would like kanto to be heaps harder cause i mean come on all the gym leaders had pokemon in between 40 and 60 and i mean come on your pokemon have to be that high to do the elite four its like come on i think their levels should be some where between 50 to 70 maybe even higher but that is just me i thnk this should be the most challenging game

Last edited:

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    The only reason the newer games E4 teams are more difficult (imo) is due to the fact that it's made tedious by them having a load of full restores and pokemon that seemingly won't die without going through several turns. the E4 in RGBY were challenging by their own strengths, not a cheap supply of full restores. And I dont know what it is but people seem to think high levels = challenging in pokemon. They hardly mean anything these days. Looking at Pearl and his 85's, im thinking "wow, this guy sure fights like a moron...as always"

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't mind if his Pokemon were level 90s. (My strongest in Platinum is level 87 Dragonite. :D I also have level 84 Mr. Mime, level 82 Infernape, and level 80 Gengar, Togekiss, Vaporeon, Azumarill, Torterra, Gyarados.) Maybe I can bring some of my Platinum pokemon into Heart Gold/Soul Silver to challenge him a second time along with my Johto pokemon if my party in Johto isn't strong enough. I hope he keeps all of his Pokemon. Pikachu, Espeon, Snorlax, Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise.

If Red's pokemon were in the 90's I would have to train a whole lot. Though I wouldn't mind, except for the fact that I would be spending a lot of time training but it depends on how fast the pokemon will level up.

Anyways, I would say he could be around the 70's or 60's.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If Red's pokemon were in the 90's I would have to train a whole lot. Though I wouldn't mind, except for the fact that I would be spending a lot of time training but it depends on how fast the pokemon will level up.

Anyways, I would say he could be around the 70's or 60's.

Oh no no, then that would be degrading him from his original games. In the original GS his Pikachu was already level 81.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Oh yes I recall that. I wouldn't mind him just being in the high 80's. Well 80 is just so close to 100 so I wouldn't actually mind if his pokemon is lv. 100.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Gym Leader/Elite Four Roster Changes

One thing that really disappointed me in GSC were the horrible Gym Leader rosters. I expected all of them to introduce new Johto Pokemon, but only a few of them did! >_<; Here is what I think they should change their teams to:

Falkner: Hoothoot, Pidgeotto, Signature Pokemon: Delibird

Hoothoot replaces the weak Pidgey with a still weak, but Johto themed Pokemon. Delibird has low base stats and is easily taken down, but still has the Johto theme as well as being a bird Pokemon.

The Mud Slap TM sucks, too. :X

Bugsy: Ledyba, Spinarak, Pineco, Signature Pokemon: Scyther or Yanma

His team needed a complete revamp. Ledyba, Spinarak, and Pineco are all Johto bug types available before Goldenrod city and fit perfectly with his theme (and are not completely useless like Metapod). Scyther stays for some difficulty, but it could also be replaced by Yanma.

Whitney: Clefairy, Aipom, Furret, Signature Pokemon: Miltank

With so many new Normal types introduced, I'm surprised Whitney still had to rely on a Kanto Pokemon. It makes sense that they limited her Pokemon, though, since Miltank was such a pain for most beginning trainers! D: I still think Aipom and Furret are good additions, though!

Morty: Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Signature Pokemon: Misdreavus

Uhm... there were only 4 Ghost types in GSC, and Gamefreak didn't even bother to add in the newly introduced Misdreavus into Morty's team. -_-; I think this speaks for itself!

Jasmine: Magnemite, Magneton, Skarmory, Signature Pokemon: Steelix

Jasmine was a joke and really needed a boost. Skarmory or Forretress would have been great additions to her team! And even though Ampharos isn't a steel type, it fits her theme!

Chuck: Tyrogue, Machoke, Poliwrath, Signature Pokemon: Hitmontop

Uhm yeah... Tyrogue and Hitmontop were the only new Fighting types... and he didn't have them. -_______-;

Pryce: Dewgong, Sneasel, Jynx, Signature Pokemon: Piloswine

Pryce needed some new Ice types to make him a little more difficult...

Claire: Dragonair (x2), Gyarados, Signature Pokemon: Kingdra

Her team was fine. :]

I'll add the Elite Four later!

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Very nice idea's, and i completely agree.

The idea about Jasmine having her Amphross is one thing i would like incorperated.

-Tom

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    But if you battle her at night ampharos would have to be in the lighthouse so that wouldn't work.

Years
    I also think they need to be quite a bit stronger, i mean, a level 7 pidgey & level 9 pidgeotto for Falkner? pfft >__>

I like your improvements, but i think Chuck should have a sudowoodo maybe, instead of tyrogue, cos thats kinda weak for the 5th gym leader.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Theres just one pokémon that I completly disagree: delibird o.O
    If his team levels up so pidgeotto can be level 16, I guess Hoothoot and Pidgeotto are ok.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    sudowudo isn't fighting type though it would be best to stick to the gym leaders at least only having 1 type of pokemon

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    More than one type in their teams would be good because Morty has no choice, there are only 4 ghost types, and 3 of them are from the same family

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back