• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS - Updated Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I actually like your idea on it all, I can tell you took some time working on it too. Though, I wouldn't mind if the levels were only 3 or 4 points higher.

I agree! With their teams at that lvl just think of the rematches. It would be fantastic!!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In rematches that is when I'll expect 3rd and 4th Gen Pokémon to be included in Gym and Elite member's rosters. Before that, I think their Pokémon will stay the same as they were in the originals, but hopefully higher levels, like I said before.

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    Gym Leader thread

This is the Gym Leader thread! If there is another one like this, please close this thread.

Here you can rant everything about our beloved Gen II Leaders. Suggestion, comments are accepted. Do you want the Gym leader's roster to be changed? Do you want them to be stronger? Do you want them to be fair? <c'mon, Falkner cant have a level 9 Pidgeotto!> Anything! Feel Free!

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    You're right! Her Miltank certainly need level up.
    So Whitney's Miltank will grow huh? So it will become much more stronger.. So people will suffer from her Miltank.. i Hope! Haha i got a technique to beat Miltank that's why i love that Pokemon :3.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    So Whitney's Miltank will grow huh? So it will become much more stronger.. So people will suffer from her Miltank.. i Hope! Haha i got a technique to beat Miltank that's why i love that Pokemon :3.
    But at that moment you can get Fighting types,like Machop.

As we all know that Normal<Fighting.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The gyms aren't hard to beat unless you have the right Pokémon. Except when dealing with Clair and her Kingdra it gets a little difficult seeing as how it has less weaknesses compared to other Dragon types. Not to mention if it gets higher in level for the remake, it'll only be harder.

Sweet Jasmine

Years
    The gyms aren't hard to beat unless you have the right Pokémon. Except when dealing with Clair and her Kingdra it gets a little difficult seeing as how it has less weaknesses compared to other Dragon types. Not to mention if it gets higher in level for the remake, it'll only be harder.
    Clair's Pokemon are harder i guess :3.. Because Dragon types are awesome am i right?

Ayselipera

I don't mind if they level up leaders and trainers,
    but I hope they don't level up any wild pokemon.
    Evolved wild pokemon on low levels makes filling
    the pokedex a lot easier.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't wany any change to the Gym Leader's Gyms because that'll just take away too much nostaligic feel for the game, but leveling them up won't, and hopefully later they'll implement a rematch system with them, that'll be a great new addition for the Johto and Kanto gyms, especially knowing it was done in Emerald and Platinum, but never in DP and FRLG.

Sweet Jasmine

Years
    I don't mind if they level up leaders and trainers,
    but I hope they don't level up any wild pokemon.
    Evolved wild pokemon on low levels makes filling
    the pokedex a lot easier.
    Yeah your right.. It's easy catching high level pokemon and to make them evolve.
    It's easy to complete the Pokedex :3..

I've recently seen that thread that is about seeing all pokemon instead of catching some.

Well, according to that, f l a s h, your idea about keeping them is... Well, it can be but usually trainers doesn't have crobats and so. The fully evolved pokemon should be for the E4 and Gym Leaders. That's why Morty should have a Misdreavus, and also gives his team some Johto variety.
    Falkner also needs a Johto pokemon and I chose hoothoot. Some gym leaders didn'thaveany Johto pokemon, so a change is a necesity.
    Ex: Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, Chuck, even the champion!

So if want to see em' all you won't be able to see a Misdreavus until Mt. Silver. A trainer needs to have one. The same with houndour. Of course, all of my ideas are based in that you need the National Dex to go to Kanto.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    In rematches that is when I'll expect 3rd and 4th Gen Pokémon to be included in Gym and Elite member's rosters. Before that, I think their Pokémon will stay the same as they were in the originals, but hopefully higher levels, like I said before.
    I would love to see their Pokémon's level to be five levels higher than they are in GS.

Clair's Pokemon are harder i guess :3.. Because Dragon types are awesome am i right?
    That, and because her gym is the last one, right? :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not only is Clair the last one, she has one of the toughest Dragon types to beat which is Kingdra. The only major effective move against Kingra is another Dragon type move, and that doesn't come close until you catch a horsea or dratini yourself. So, if Clair can get a boost she'll be double the fight from what the originals brought in, which will be something pretty amazing to have seeing as she is one of the most memorable gym leaders out of most.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back