• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Voltorb Flip

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Oh, I didn't know that. I always got to 8 after 7. =/
    But 8 is nowhere near 12, as some poster above states. <_<

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I won the game, won many coins and bought myself a Dratini and all the TMs.
    I find it pretty fun :D

I was lucky enough to jump to Level 8 straight from Level 6.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Eh I find it alright but I get really unlucky playing it :L It's somewhat logical but mostly luck I guess :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I actually did the Voltorb flip just to get a Dratini. Yes yes I know that you are able to get it later on in the game, really really late to the point where it is a pain in a tucas to level up at that point in the game, espically when you have about 10 supermegaimportant battles ahead of you.

But it was totally worth the Voltorb Flip 8D

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Voltorb flip is easy for me (especially if you use the memo) I usually get to level 6, there have been a few times I got to 7. I love games with numbers or puzzles so I find it really fun and addictive. Admittedly I wish they still had the slot machines. If only they could have put both in the game.

Years
    unless they put pikachu faces and pokeballs on slot machines i don't think pokemon will make kids too inclined to gamble. pokemons been referred to as satanism and racist as well, so gambling is a little dull in comparison.
    i remember this, it was the vatican right? just because some of them evolve or something? cant remember the racism part though...

anyway, i agree that voltorb is horrible, now everytime i encounter wild voltorb i rage and hyper beam it XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I just wish we could buy coins. I can't remember the last time I played the actual mini-games. It hurts in HeartGold to not be able to buy Thunderbolt.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Love this game. Highest was like level 7 or 6. I also like how it encourages people to make educated guesses. XD

/had forgot about it til recently

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've never been too fond of this game. I like it better than the slot machines (which I pretty much never bothered using), but far less than just buying coins. I've gotten to level 6 or 7 in Voltorb Flip (never to level 8, though), but I've found that there's normally a point at which there's no way to know which tile to pick, so I just have to pick one and hope for the best (and normally, things don't turn out too well).

The game corner prices for prizes have seemed far too high in generation 4 in general, though, so I normally just trade with people for anything I might need and send over some prizes from the third generation game corners.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    This game is frustrating as ever, to the point that I got to lvl 2, and just gave up on it. They need to bring back the machines from the Original Games, they were much better.

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    > It tells you how many voltorbs are in each row.
    > If it says zero, flip all of them.
    > Some of it is a frustrating guessing game but once you realize the system [which takes several tries and then you'll be like OHHHHHH] it won't be too hard. I managed to get enough for a Dratini but then I realized...I don't want a Dratini lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    That game isn't that hard. I haven't played it much but I've already gotten to level 7 and I've got about 4000 coins. It's actually kind of fun, like a sudoku puzzle, except then you have to end up guessing somewhere along the line and all your money blows up. The only thing that annoys me is that they make you drop levels if you lose. I could probably get a lot higher if I didn't keep getting bumped 5 levels every time I get unlucky. :/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I loved Voltorb Flip. I probably wasted hours doing it. @_@ And even just reading this thread is making me want to dig up HG and play it. Actually, I think I might.

It's definitely way better than slots.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I loved Voltorb Flip. I probably wasted hours doing it. @_@ And even just reading this thread is making me want to dig up HG and play it. Actually, I think I might.

It's definitely way better than slots.

Going to agree with you here. u_u Although I suck at Voltorb Flip and have only reached LV 4, I like wasting time on it. It helps when I'm bored in the game too, as it gives me something to pick up and do other than to continue on training more and more.

+1, I barely went to the slots very often at all since I wasn't that interested in them. Voltorb Flip takes Game Corners to a different level, and I prefer it.

Back