• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone!

ProfDunsparce

And now I become Dunsparce...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Hey guys I'm new to the PC forums, but definitely not new to Pokemon! I made this account because I didn't like my username for a neoseeker account I've had since 2007 (and it costs money to change usernames).

I got into competitive battling in 4th gen and have been on and off with that (I like wi-fi battles, but EV training and IV breeding are so tedious...) but also I like to collect shinies :)

Anyway, look forward to talking to many of you!

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
    Years
    Hi ProfDunsparce, I'm Catspill! I got into competitive battling in 5th gen and was on and off with it. I got Pokemon X version and hope to eventually start battling with it! It's nice to meet you! I hope to see you around!

ProfDunsparce

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Yeah, I didn't make any in-game teams, but I did play some gen 5 on Pokemon Online :)

Hiya Dunspace, welcome welcome to the forum 'kay! Great to have you. ^^

Yeah.. breeding for good IVs and the like is so tedious but it's gotten a lot better in X and Y. With Destiny Knot passing down 5 IVs now it's become a lot easier. :) I settle for 5/6 perfect IVs for my team members and by using one of my good male Pokemon for breeding everything passes down so quickly! No more tediousness.. luckily my Pokemon is male and in the field egg group so a lot of my favorites can breed with him. But 'scuse me, I think I'm rambling a bit now~

What shinies have you gotten? I'm curious so let me know sometime! I bet they're something drool-worthy, hehe.

Anyways, have a wonderful stay on the forum and hope to see you around!

ProfDunsparce

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Hiya Dunspace, welcome welcome to the forum 'kay! Great to have you. ^^

Yeah.. breeding for good IVs and the like is so tedious but it's gotten a lot better in X and Y. With Destiny Knot passing down 5 IVs now it's become a lot easier. :) I settle for 5/6 perfect IVs for my team members and by using one of my good male Pokemon for breeding everything passes down so quickly! No more tediousness.. luckily my Pokemon is male and in the field egg group so a lot of my favorites can breed with him. But 'scuse me, I think I'm rambling a bit now~

What shinies have you gotten? I'm curious so let me know sometime! I bet they're something drool-worthy, hehe.

Anyways, have a wonderful stay on the forum and hope to see you around!

Only shiny furfrou in this gen, but I have a box full of them in gen 5! Can't wait to transfer them over once pokebank is released

Also, I have a few questions that I'd like answered as I get myself acquainted with this site:

1. Can I tag people with '@' and is there a notification system to see when people have tagged you?
    2. Is there an easy way to find threads I've started or replied to?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Also, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
    Only shiny furfrou in this gen, but I have a box full of them in gen 5! Can't wait to transfer them over once pokebank is released

Also, I have a few questions that I'd like answered as I get myself acquainted with this site:

1. Can I tag people with '@' and is there a notification system to see when people have tagged you?

1) nope there isn't, but it's a really good suggestion :O

2) yes there is, go to your profile > activity > there you can see both "threads by (username)" and "see all posts by (username)" so you can go back to topics you made and/or replied to fairly easy :)

Hope this helped you ^^

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years

Hi ProfDunsparce,

Welcome to the community, I'm sure you'll have a great time across this forum :)

1) I actually requested the same thing here not long ago and was informed that it's currently being worked on. So, hopefully we'll see it in action fairly soon :)

2) You can use the method posted by mr.Alpha to do that.
    One thing I do, purely because I'm lazy, is auto-subscribe to every thread that I post in by going to User Options (at the top of the forum) > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > No Email Notification. You'll then be auto-subscribed to any thread that you post in and you'll be able to find them by going to More Links > Subscribed Threads OR Control Panel Home. You also won't get pestered by email notifications as they'll be turned off.

I much prefer to use this method as it becomes easier to find specific threads you've posted in before if you've got loads of posts, due to the fact you don't have to look through each post you've made just to find it.

Hope this helps :)

- James

ProfDunsparce

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Thanks for the help guys! That would be pretty awesome if we could get a notification system going on these forums :)

Hey guys, sorry to double post but I don't really know where else to post this...

I'm trying to upload an image for my profile picture but nothing is working. I've made sure the file sizes are small enough and it's still not going through...any tips on what kind of files I can upload for my prof pic??

Last edited:

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
    Have you made sure that it's no bigger than 130x130 pixels?

Besides this, pictures can be .png, .jpg, .gif, .bmp(?)

(?): not really sure :p

ProfDunsparce

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Hmmm...at first I thought it might be because it was png and then there was another that was a gif. I'm pretty sure that they were under 130 by 130 too...oh well I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually

Back