• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi From Wet and Windy Wales

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    (The Irony is it's scorching hot right now - I was going to put a pokémon joke in but I failed in my several attempts to make it funny :()

So this is my obligatory "Hello I'm new to the forum" thread.

I stumbled across the forum searching for information on how to build a better squad and better EV spreads, and with the wealth of other information I would love to be part of this fantastic community.

I shall be honest, I never completed a pokémon game after G/S but I have completed R/B/Y more times than I would care to mention (and have done most challenges set by people online) But I decided to get X when I won big on a sporting event.

I have always loved Pokémon and have wanted to embrace it again, but sadly work and relationships got in the way. Now the relationship has ended (She broke my old Green Gameboy colour ..... Not impressed- though it was not the reason for the split lol) I have put a massive 216 hours into X in the space of less that 2 months (considering I travel a lot and work 9am - 9pm I am very happy with the hours I have put into it).

I am not an overly experienced Human V Human battler and I am looking to learn more, as I have battled my best friend over 50 times and only won 4.

My Go-To team consists of:

Mega Lucario 252sp/252att
    Inner Focus - Adamant - Mega Stone/Choice Band
    Extreme speed/ Flash Cannon/Power Up punch/ Close Combat

Aegislash 252def/252spdef
    Stance change - Quiet - Shell Bell
    Sacred Sword/ King's Shield/Flash Cannon/ Shadow Sneak

Mega Garchomp 252 hp/252att
    Rough Skin - Adamant - Mega Stone/Choice Band
    Outrage/Crunch/Dig/Dragon Claw

Metagoss 252def/252spat
    Clear Body - Careful -Evolite
    Psychic/ Metor Mash/ Rock Smash (going to re learn bullet punch)/ Hyper Beam (Going to re-learn Zen Headbutt)

Hawlucha 252sp/252att
    Unburden - Adamant - Power Herb
    Sky attack/Fly/Roost/high Jump Kick

Dragonite 152hp/152spatt/102att/102spatt (I think I can't remember as I have lost the paper)
    (I can't remember where all the remaining EV's are)
    Multiscale - Adamant - Weakness policy
    Extreme speed/ outrage/ dragon rush/ dragon dance

Any recommendations for changes?

They are not my only pokémon I use, but my most common choice.

Anyway, thank you for the read! I look forward to learning more from you Guys.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Welcome! :D She broke your gameboy color?! D: evil! That is also a crazy amount of time you have racked up - kudos for that.

I'm not much of a competitive player but I've never been a fan of Hawlucha :( I have something against non-evolving pokemon. MegaLucario is a beast, although (from what I've seen) M-Kangaskhan can make short work of it, along with a few others. With MegaGarchomp about as well, I'm surprised there aren't any sandstormers on your team to take advantage of both your megas being immune.

Anywho, hope you enjoy the forums! :)

WALES

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oooh, I love your intro. So thought-out and fun to read! Good on you. Welcome to PC, Mega! =D

Tried the Battling & Team Building board yet? I don't have much knowledge on putting together teams and what would go best with what but we do have a lot of people who are. Your first stop should be over there - good luck and looking forward to see what you build.

And goodness yes that is a lot of hours given how busy things are in your life! I'm so sorry about your Gameboy but at least now you have the wonder that is Pokemon X/Y, hehe. Do you plan to buy Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire when they come out?

See you around and hope you'll stick around. This is an awesome forum with many amazing people indeed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Hey thanks guys.

I'm surprised there aren't any sandstormers on your team to take advantage of both your megas being immune.

Man that makes PERFECT sense .... Other than Tyranitar is that any others that have the ability? I rather use that than the move if you get me?

. Do you plan to buy Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire when they come out?

Yeah, of course ^_^ and as it's my birthday weekend for launch I wont even have to buy it myself MUHAHAHAHA

Back