• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi~!

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
Years
  • Hello there, everyone! You can call me Ferny. C: I've been (inactive) on Serebii Forums and BMGF for a while now, and I kept seeing this place so I figured I'd join.

I love Pokémon. A lot more than most fifteen-year-olds should. I'm a Christian, and very proud to say so. What do I do? I'm a 'freelance' writer, and I use that term loosely because I've never been paid for any of my work, nor have I completed any major works. None of my work is published anywhere besides the internet, either. I have a FF.N account and will be posting my original work on deviantART, which I'll have links to in my siggy later (if I'm allowed to do so, that is!)

As for Pokémon, the first time I played was when I was seven or eight, I would play a friend's Yellow game on long car trips. The first game I owned was when I was nine or ten, and that was Emerald. After that, I got Diamond, then Platinum, and then SoulSilver. I have some spin-off games, too: Ranger 1 & 2, Battle Revolution, Pkmn Ranch, and Mystery Dungeon Time.

Another thing, I'm pretty out of place with most Pokémon fans these days because I don't play Pokémon very technically; I don't build teams of strong Pokémon and do all that IV EV whatever training and use all that confusing mechanic strategy... Because I think that takes away the fun of the game. I battle with the Pokémon I like and don't really care what moves they have or if they're not perfect. So as you can probably tell, I don't really do online competitive battling. I hardly ever battle with friends even. xD

On Emerald... well, something happened and I lost the original save file (which had my prized lv. 100 Blaziken and shiny Mightyena... TT_TT) So I have to restart that one once I find it. On Diamond, I keep mostly event Pokémon and a few obtained by Action Replay... I have long beaten the game, and my main team consists of a mix between Blizzy Empoleon, Shadow Staraptor, Joy Blissey, a Pachirisu, Heather Buizel, and Stormie Luxray. I am currently playing through FireRed and SoulSilver. On FireRed so far, I don't really have a specific team yet. My starter is Blake Charmander, and I have a Pikachu, Mankey, Pidgey, Clefairy, Nidoran M, Jigglypuff, Butterfree, and some other ones I still need to choose from. On SoulSilver, my main team is Kashi Quilava, Stormcloud Flaafy, Kuroi Gastly, and a Hoppip whose name I've somehow forgotten. The other two will be the Red Gyarados and Lugia. C: I'm also currently trying to hunt down a PokéWalker to replace my stolen one and an old Red game, both of which I've found are very hard to find.

Favorites! My favorite Pokémon is Ninetales. In fact, my Pokésona is a shiny Ninetales named Ferny. :3 I also love Vulpix, Absol (and any of the canines, really), Latias, Lugia, and the Cyndaquil family. My favorite pairing... I used to be such a shipping nerd and supported everything, and I still kinda do. PokéShipping is my favorite without a doubt, but I also like AbilityShipping, ContestShipping, and for some reason, IkariShipping. My favorite game is definitely SoulSilver!

And since I'm a writer, I do write about Pokémon! I have some multi-chapter stories I'm planning. A love story between an Umbreon/Espeon, a harem-like story of an Eeveeon (made up Eeveelution that looks like a big Eevee) who has seven royal Eeveelution sisters fall in love with him, a wild Buizel becoming a pet in a house with another laid-back Buizel, a Mightyena traveling across the world with a Houndoom and Absol, a series of oneshots about Ferny Ninetales' 362 years of life, and my favorite is Legendary Chronicles, which tells the stories of all the legendary Pokémon and the struggles they go through.

Sad story of the day: In Diamond, I once came across a Shiny Roselia. Had no Poké Balls. FFFFFFFF screams and tears ensued.

Fun Fact: I'm fairly sure I've invented the pairing of Azelf/Mew, as in I was the first to give it a name, LongTailShipping (not that original, but I made it years ago.) I've never seen the name used and I've never really said that much about the pairing before, but I have seen fanfictions written about it. The pairing comes from Leg. Chron., where female Mew is in a forbidden relationship with male Azelf.

Well, since this is already the longest introduction in the world, I suppose I should stop now. I'm very glad to be here, and I hope I can make some wonderful friends! C:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Wow, that's the longest intro I've probably ever seen in my several years of Forums. Anyways, welcome to PokeCommunity! Read the really simply rules, and enjoy the forums, we'll love to have you around~

Please, link us to your DevArt in your signature. I'm sure many of us would like to see your fanfics, especially those who linger in the Fanfiction Forum here. ^_^

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
    Years
  • Thanks for the welcomes! I'll definitely link to my dA as soon as I get done cleaning it up! It's pretty cluttered with old journals and stuff like that. xD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Oh, wow. That's a long intro. xDD;;
    Not that that's a bad thing, of course.
    Welcome to PokeCommunity, Ferny. :D
    Be sure to check out the Fanfiction thread. xDD;;
    I'd love to read some of your stories.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • You have stories. We have a Fan Fiction and Writing section. You should definitely check it out!

Hey, another Sppf refugee here, and I like the nice, detailed intro. Welcome aboard and I hope you find lots of great discussions about Pokemon, because we certainly have 'em! I'm much older than 15 (though not quite the 85 that it says on my profile xD) and I still enjoy the games very much. The anime... not so much.

I'm somewhat into competitive battling, but I still stick to using my favorite Pokemon even if they aren't the best battle-wise.

Once again, welcome to our site, and be sure to stay active, have fun, and make friends!

Back