• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen hidden power?

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
    hidden power is a tm that can be any type ( fire, water etc). it is chosen it when u hatch and/or catch. for example i hav a rampardoes with hidden power is flying so it would be good against fighting while a jolteon's hidden move is rock would be weak against. each pokemon has a different type of hidden power. hope u understand :)

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    by iv's.

@gurpster, any pokemon can have ANY hidden power(yep, any of the 17 types :D)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    ^ but there is no ??? plate in the coding.

anyways

hidden power is a move that changes its type according the the IV's of the pokemon, its maximum power is 70 i believe, it can be any type excluding ??? and normal.

its only really helpful if you want to add type coverage, but the pokemon you are teaching doesnt have a good move in that type, but can achieve a high power HP in that type.

i hope this helps.

oh also, you can test out what your HP is, just use it on a pokemon, see what its effectiveness is, and go try it on a differant type of pokemon, your HP type and power will stay the same for that pokemon no matter what

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Yeah that's true...he ydo you know how to get a specific type of HP for your pokemon? I have been trying to get HP fire on an Espeon but it stays at bug...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    you cant change the HP of a pokemon.

the IV's of a pokemon are locked, the only way to change the HP to breed a new pokemon with the right IV's for that HP

Back