• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hidden Power

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I do not know how many people know this, but if you want to see what Hidden Power type your Pokemon has instantly without using inaccurate calculators there is a guy in the Veilstone Game Corner Prize Exchange that will instantly tell you what Hidden Power type your Pokemon has. I do not know if this is in D/P but I am playing Platinum and I just found this.

P.S. Figures.. my Jolteon has HP Electric..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually, I too discovered this a few days ago and I thought that it was really cool:)!

Sorry to hear about your Jolteon having the Hidden Power that is its same type...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes I have heard about it and it looks pretty cool. :)

It is only in Pokemon Platinum though. xD

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    That dude is really cool, as I now know that my deadliest Pokemon just got a whole lot deadlier.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I do not know how many people know this, but if you want to see what Hidden Power type your Pokemon has instantly without using inaccurate calculators there is a guy in the Veilstone Game Corner Prize Exchange that will instantly tell you what Hidden Power type your Pokemon has. I do not know if this is in D/P but I am playing Platinum and I just found this.

P.S. Figures.. my Jolteon has HP Electric..

Thank you very much i know i found this guy but i couldnt remember where he was

Futbollar

Stanford Cardinal
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    My tengalgrowths one was rock. Kind of cool

My tegalgrowths was rock type. Kind of weird, I think

Last edited:

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    That's really good to know. It will help me with an IV calculator I use, too.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I was testing out my friend's Platinum out, and his Mewtwo (Pal Parked) has HP Dark, his Ho-oh has HP Water and his Mew has HP Typeless. Wow, perfect. [/sar]

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    I was testing out my friend's Platinum out, and his Mewtwo (Pal Parked) has HP Dark, his Ho-oh has HP Water and his Mew has HP Typeless. Wow, perfect. [/sar]

By typeless, you mean the
    "???" thing with curse? wow. That's neat.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Technically, it can't be typeless, due to how the move works. Maybe it's hacked, and the man is refusing to tell you its actual HP type?

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Heh, on monotype challenge (fighting), I got a Meditite with HP Ground. It is SUCH a big help, although Meditite sucks. :\

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Really? I need to see a picture of proof of this?

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Really? I need to see a picture of proof of this?

Oh hey Haza! How have things been with you while I was gone? =D

On Topic: I have heard of a Pokemon having a HP ???. What happens when you use it in battle though? Also, wouldn't it suck for your Pokemon to have HP Normal? What type of Pokemon cannot learn a Normal-type move?

Years
    Those are lies. You can't get HP ??? or even HP Normal for that matter. If you were to use a ??? type move though, it would just deal normal damage since it has no weaknesses or resistances. Also, all Pokemon that have access to TM moves can learn Hidden Power and have access to normal type moves; Return and Frustration.

Back