• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Hidden sprites" sending me back to the title-screen

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    In attempting to hack the ROM of Pokemon Fire-Red, I have discovered a flaw.

When selecting an NPC and selecting their "Movement" as "Hidden" using "AdvanceMap" -- whenever I enter the map in which said NPC is located, I am returned to the title-screen.

If "Hidden" is deselected, the problem does not arize.

This is a very bizarre glitch, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks

Years
  • In attempting to hack the ROM of Pokemon Fire-Red, I have discovered a flaw.

When selecting an NPC and selecting their "Movement" as "Hidden" using "AdvanceMap" -- whenever I enter the map in which said NPC is located, I am returned to the title-screen.

If "Hidden" is deselected, the problem does not arize.

This is a very bizarre glitch, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks

There are 2-3 hidden movements in A-Map. Take in turns selecting the different "hiddens" and see whether it fixes it.

Back