• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Hidden Ties

What do you think of the storyline?

• Epic! One of the best I've seen!

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Great, it's looking pretty good!

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Mediocre, could definitely be better.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • An embarrassment to hackers everywhere.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Like Giradialkia said, WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
    Why doesn't anyone post?

Anyway, I might try the Rocket Sprite later, if I have time.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Awesome, that'd be great.
    Anyway, I'm back! I'll get back to work on this project as soon as I'm done unpacking and have slept for about a year.

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Like Giradialkia said, WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
    Why doesn't anyone post?

Anyway, I might try the Rocket Sprite later, if I have time.

I posted eheeh....

Welcomes Back BTW!!! i myself havnt been on in lyk 4 weeks so hows it all comming along ( may i ask?)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I posted eheeh....

Welcomes Back BTW!!! i myself havnt been on in lyk 4 weeks so hows it all comming along ( may i ask?)
    Everything's coming along great. I've got several more scripts to complete and then I'll be done with Beta 1. There's one minor complication, but I should be able to clear it up without too much trouble. Thanks for the welcome! It's good to be back.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Beta 1 is finished! It's currently going through primary beta testing, after which there's secondary testing and the release. I've got some great events going, I'll tell you how the testing goes!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    tell me, have u posted the beta version? i dont really remember seeing that alpha link over there in the first post. LoL

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Haven't posted beta yet, but there's an alpha download in post 1, I believe. Alpha 1 saves will be fully compatible with Beta 1, so there's no real drawback to beating the alpha if you haven't already.
    The beta should be posted soon. I'm just waiting for word from my testers.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    And now, the long-awaited moment. Beta 1 is ready for release! There are one or two bugs still (check the "known bugs" list in Post 1), but overall it's come out beautifully.
    Let me know what you all think! Download is in the first post.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • I like how it has a new begining plot and it is very original. keep up the good work i will definetlly try this.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    No offense, but I think you should go and read some Mapping tutorials. :3

Otherwise, The hack looks amazing. :)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Lol, if I took offense at every criticism I received of this hack, I'd be sobbing under my bed right now.
    Thanks for the critique.
    Btw, I forgot to mention that the Beta ends after Arbor Woods and/or the second Underground Tunnel. If you proceed through the warps, you'll wind up back on routes from the original game. I'm currently looking into inserting some new tiles (made by the ever-amazing Giradialkia), and once they're online I'll post an update with those areas blocked off. Until then, just don't go there.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Well, I just did the forum rounds, checking on some of my favorite hacks, and am terrified by the fact that almost all of them are now closed threads.
    I just want to assure any trigger-happy mods out there that this hack is still alive! Currently working on some scripts for the next city while Giradialkia inserts some tiles. I may post another chapter of the story soon, if anyone cares.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    How do you get to Arbor Woods? I battled Bruno like I'm guessing you're supposed to (even though it's obvious you can't ever win at that part of the game), I beat Shade, and I don't see any other paths to take anywhere! Can somebody help?

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    After you beat Bruno, he leaves the tunnel, so that passage is no longer blocked. Just head on through and you can access the next route. Arbor woods isn't for a while after that though.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Thanks! By the way, why is there a single starter pokemon on some routes? One has Cyndaquil, one has Chikorita, and I found one with Bulbasaur on Bruno's Island!

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Well, that's just the way I had it set up. I'd be making a route, and suddenly go "hey, I think I'll drop a starter here," and there you go.
    By the way, your sig is scaring the crud out of me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back