• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High possibility of Nuclear war within 3-6 months?

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    [News] High possibility of Nuclear war within 3-6 months?

I've been hearing and reading and seeing on news, all about the stuff with Israel and Iran. What it comes down to is nukes being used, and, with allies or enemies involved, it's a nuclear war in which none of us stand a chance.

The estimated time of start was like mid-2012, Iran wants to move some nukes they have underground, as to use on israel and america. and israel doesn't want that to happen so they are saying they will go in and take them. And Iran said they won't be able to stop them.

Along with the many enemies of israel around this is a big problem. And with Russia and china backing Iran? Plus we have ties with Israel so we're supposed to help in war time. But if Russia and China decide to get involved as well, it's nuclear war everywhere. And the probability of this happening is suppoed to be very High.

Last edited:

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Neither do I but, it seems like that's the way it's going unless something just so happens to work out and contain that situation. I want it to, but i doubt it.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
    Honestly, the United Nations is working on a method to get rid of nuclear power. I understand that it will most likely fail and that nothing will happen, but there is a slim ray shining through to give hope.

Though I must also acknowledge how America has to stick their nose in everything. Knowing they may not win they must protect the "holy land" I don't care what any government official says... "Oh, it's not about religion." Bull ****. Is all I have to say. If it wasn't then what other use to we have for Israel? They can protect themselves. They are quite a strong country and have proved it, they don't need our help, and if they're destroyed by the Arabs, so what? I mean I do have compassion and I care for humanity, but one of the reasons they don't get along IS because of religion and I have no tolerance for the intolerant, and hypocritical as that sounds, I can't stand intolerance to religion (Of course if someone is trying to cram it down your throat like they do to one another I guess it could be different)

Though they argue about Genesis for one. The Qur'an and the Bible, and the Jewish beliefs all have Genesis (the same Genesis) and the same story of Adam and Eve. They can all agree on the fact that Eve was foolish and Adam should have taken responsibility, but they even argue over small things in religion. Such as Genesis ad what they think was made on what day and what was not made on each day.

I know I haven't really addressed the nuclear issue, but it's kind of inevitable if no one can get along and even the United Nations can not come up with a decent compromise. Though in my opinion it's just America... a country that loves war (it seems) and that I must get out of.

I just can't seem to understand why half of the stuff we do happens. How pointless it is. We have to get involved in everyone's business (With the exception of WW2, when unfortunately we were drug in. Though if we would not have been pulled into it, it IS possible Hitler really could have taken over. The Nazis had tons of blueprints and things, they even had information for atom bombs. The top scientists that America has ever had where basically kidnapped from Germany. (Especially Astronomers) So I will excuse America for getting involved that time)

Nuclear power is something we could all live with out, though as people are fearing that 2012 is the end of the world, I do not believe it is, but more of an awakening period. Look at all the protests around the world, people are opening their eyes to reality, instead of falling asleep to the same old corrupt lullaby.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I see all your points, but if we are all this close to nuclear war, how will it not be the end? That many bombs being used will cover the earth, and the fallout will go everywhere. Nowhere would be safe to run to or hide from this.

And yeah, I really hope it doesn't happen, and that somehow something happens to were they prevent it and realize that one person using them, means everyone, and that means everyone gets destroyed. Though the people doing this in Iran don't care, that's actually what they look forward to. So I don't know.

Would just recommend, be prepared, do everything you were putting off before because you thought you had time. Get resolution with people you care about, Don't waste your time.

Of course, you should do all of that anyway. It's just, some people don't and then it's too late.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Dunno about nuclear war, but I think the US and its allies will be at war with at least Iran by the end of the year. Rightfully or wrongly. Maybe some eventual intervention with Syria, like they did with Libya.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Iran is trying to hide nukes, and israel wants to stop them... maybe with nukes. So it wouldnt just be our allies and us against iran. It would be anyone who is tied to Iran also. Like Russia... or china. That's very...very bad.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
    I see all your points, but if we are all this close to nuclear war, how will it not be the end? That many bombs being used will cover the earth, and the fallout will go everywhere. Nowhere would be safe to run to or hide from this.

And yeah, I really hope it doesn't happen, and that somehow something happens to were they prevent it and realize that one person using them, means everyone, and that means everyone gets destroyed. Though the people doing this in Iran don't care, that's actually what they look forward to. So I don't know.

Would just recommend, be prepared, do everything you were putting off before because you thought you had time. Get resolution with people you care about, Don't waste your time.

Of course, you should do all of that anyway. It's just, some people don't and then it's too late.

I see what you're saying, but I really doubt people are going to be stupid enough to let it happen. It's most likely just predictions like any other. I've heard tons of predictions some as late as 2050. It's just the ones closer in time and to home are more publicized.

EDIT: @Triforce, The US shouldn't get involved with Syria. Nor should they still try with the UN's Arab Spring crap. No Arabic country wants it.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Right. It would be stupid. But iran is openly against and wanting to get rid of Israel and America. And trying to hide Nukes. They want us gone. and if the leaders are extremists like some of the people, they don't care who gets destroyed, even if it's them.

Rationality is very hard to come by now adays.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I see what you're saying, but I really doubt people are going to be stupid enough to let it happen. It's most likely just predictions like any other. I've heard tons of predictions some as late as 2050. It's just the ones closer in time and to home are more publicized.

EDIT: @Triforce, The US shouldn't get involved with Syria. Nor should they still try with the UN's Arab Spring crap. No Arabic country wants it.
    I didn't say if they should or shouldn't. Just that they probably will. They're trying to convince the UN now, but China and Russia keeps blocking it. So, it has nothing to do with if they should or shouldn't because they are.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Don't be absurd. Nobody's going to use nuclear weapons. Nobody's stupid enough to do so.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Except that they are. Theyre gonna all of a sudden be like, "oh you're right, we don't wanna destroy you guys anymore." Unlikely. And again, if the leaders happen to be extremists, or want us gone, then it's worth the risk to them. and then some. Especially if China and Russia seem so opposed to us right now.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Don't be absurd. Nobody's going to use nuclear weapons. Nobody's stupid enough to do so.

Don't be absurd. Germany won't have enough power to cause another war. We will make sure they won't.

This is, essentially, the idea behind the treaty that ended WWI. Punish Germany harshly so that they won't start another war in the future.

As history shows, it didn't work out that way.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Except that they are. Theyre gonna all of a sudden be like, "oh you're right, we don't wanna destroy you guys anymore." Unlikely. And again, if the leaders happen to be extremists, or want us gone, then it's worth the risk to them. and then some. Especially if China and Russia seem so opposed to us right now.
    Yeah, because history has shown that when two world superpowers (the USSR and the US) get mad at each other, all sorts of nukes go flying! Oh, wait. No, they didn't.

Nobody's going to launch nuclear weapons when it means their own demise. That's stupid. World leaders aren't stupid.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
    Right. It would be stupid. But iran is openly against and wanting to get rid of Israel and America. And trying to hide Nukes. They want us gone. and if the leaders are extremists like some of the people, they don't care who gets destroyed, even if it's them.

Rationality is very hard to come by now adays.
    How stereotypical. Are you American? It sure seems so. When in fact the Iranians are not the extremists in this case. The Israelis are putting bombs on the cars of Iranian scientists. They don't want Iran to do anything, maybe if Israel didn't go to such extremes neither would Iran.

@Triforce, I understand that, but as long as people keep declining what they want it should be fine, though after all the loss we've had dealing with places in Africa and the Middle East you'd think they would have learned to stay out by now.

EDIT: @twocows, I like the way you think xD That's what I was trying to say in previous posts... it's very stupid o-o

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    No, i'm just going from articles and such. I didn't say everyone was an extremist did I? But I also just read Mr. X's link, and it seems that Iran is determined to gain nuclear weapons no matter what. And Israel wants to take military action. Countries around that area are all against what Iran is doing. ( not every country). But they have already said they want to strike at Israel and america, what else do you need? Yeah, i'm sure they were just kidding about that..

EDIT: I never said Israel was in any right either. Was just stating what they were doing.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
    No, i'm just going from articles and such. I didn't say everyone was an extremist did I? But I also just read Mr. X's link, and it seems that Iran is determined to gain nuclear weapons no matter what. And Israel wants to take military action. Countries around that area are all against what Iran is doing. ( not every country). But they have already said they want to strike at Israel and america, what else do you need? Yeah, i'm sure they were just kidding about that..

EDIT: I never said Israel was in any right either. Was just stating what they were doing.

They're not kidding, nah dip. Though as cow said, they will never be stupid enough to create their own demise. Use common sense, not what these people predict nor say, come up with your own conclusion, instead of following the common perspective.

Professor_Jiro

New Authority
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I'm just saying, all this stuff is still a possibility, at least slightly higher than usual.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    Dunno about nuclear war, but I think the US and its allies will be at war with at least Iran by the end of the year. Rightfully or wrongly. Maybe some eventual intervention with Syria, like they did with Libya.
    ^
    this

Somehow, this doesn't even shock me. I saw something on the News in the Emergency room yesterday. About our *cough* lovely *cough* president siding with Iran instead of Isreal, who we've "apparently" been allies with for a long time. I don't know what to believe anymore.
    I don't know if it will go as far as nuclear war, but I believe, like TRIFORCE89 said, that there will be another war, it may not go as far as the nuclear level, but still could be just as long as the one we JUST got out of.

I'm moving...to Sweden.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't think the US is going to be starting any wars any time soon, unless it's forced into a war; and I doubt anyone is stupid enough to force the US into a war. Countries like to test their luck, but that's it. Similar fear mongering took place when NK started testing weapons, and nothing ever happened over that.

The USA enters a war when the USA wants to enter a war, and looking at how Iraq and Afghanistan went, as well as the recent cuts to the US military, I doubt they're looking for a fight any time soon.

As for Iran and Israel, they've both thrown a number of threats around for years, it's nothing new.

Back