• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

high school discussion/help

Essays- Like or hate?

• I hate them.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I prefer them.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm in between.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

*MitSuKi*

Look I'm your friend, see?
    Years
    Hey, Iramet... I LIKE you!!! We're the same!!! I draw and write doodles at my notebook,too!! The best thing is that my homeroom teacher didn't mind!!He just said"Nice!" "Next!!"

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    Can't really do much for the no-nonsense, strict teachers. At least, that's what he sounds like.

As long as you participate, you should be fine. Just don't do anything stupid.

People at my school get a new ID from the bookstore. Maybe you have one of those.

Yeah I ended up getting a new one at my school store they cost three bucks.
    I was like o_0.

ID's suck! They make us pay $5 for a new one. Luckily I'm smarter then that and i make my own "counterfeits". and I change the pictures on them too. That annoys some teachers.

I would so love to make my own counterfeits but I'm not smart enough.
    XP
    Five dollars is a little outrageous, they had better be shiny!
    XD

Hey, Iramet... I LIKE you!!! We're the same!!! I draw and write doodles at my notebook,too!! The best thing is that my homeroom teacher didn't mind!!He just said"Nice!" "Next!!"

Yay!
    You like me!
    XD
    How do you know we are the same?
    I could be crazy for all you know!
    XD

Last edited:

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    We have IDs but we barely use them. They come free with the school pictures. They're never used for school events, but supposedly if you show your ID at some local stores you get a small student discount. Licenses are much cooler anyway. (:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Oh dang, if you don't have your ID at my school, you are screwed. You need them for attendance during free periods, to be able to go out to lunch, to go to activities and to take make up tests. I lost mine for a day and thought I wasn't going to make it through school haha.

before we got all high tech and took attendance with ID's, you rarely ever used it. I miss those days 8'(

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    Oh dang, if you don't have your ID at my school, you are screwed. You need them for attendance during free periods, to be able to go out to lunch, to go to activities and to take make up tests. I lost mine for a day and thought I wasn't going to make it through school haha.

before we got all high tech and took attendance with ID's, you rarely ever used it. I miss those days 8'(

Exactly, at my high school you need it just to be in the hallways, also if you want to eat.
    They are constantly asking to see it, because a lot of kids sneak into my school because it is so enormous and because their friends go there.
    ^.^

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Here's what I find annoying. When you're trying to hurry through the packed halls and PEOPLE JUST STAND THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALL TALKING!!! Hello!!! The people who designed the school made spaces in the hallway side walls specifically for chatty people to go and talk!! And yet I hardly ever see people in them!!

But other than that, my freshman year so far has been awesome. :D

Oh yes, ID's. I just need mine for lunch and to get on the school bus.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Here's what I find annoying. When you're trying to hurry through the packed halls and PEOPLE JUST STAND THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HALL TALKING!!! Hello!!! The people who designed the school made spaces in the hallway side walls specifically for chatty people to go and talk!! And yet I hardly ever see people in them!!

You said it. People still do that at my school, yet the passing period's only 5 minutes. 'Cause, as everyone knows:

Talking about stuff that can wait 'till after school > getting to class now.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    You said it. People still do that at my school, yet the passing period's only 5 minutes.

Heh, same at my school. Which reminds me, apparently the passing period last year was 7 min or so, and some the teachers and older students at my school hate the new schedule. Me, I can't really say because I wasn't here last year.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yes, i do agree that a 5 minute passing period is way too short. I mean, what if you have to get from one side of the school to another? And what if the corridors are awfully cramped, and you have some annoying seniors blocking the pathway.. It's quite ridiculous nowadays, isn't it? Everything's quite rush and tumble.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I never have an Issue with the 5 min at my school. but generally I walk right through the group of people. They get the message then.

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    I have plenty of time left to spare and we only have five minutes, and my school is huge.
    Maybe you people are just slow...XD.
    Just kidding.
    But the only time I can't get to a class on time is when I'm at lunch going to the next class.

Spiffums

Lumberjack
    Years
    Research essays- I hate them, how 'bout you?

I just got done typing up two seperate research essays for the same class, due on the same day. I'm tired of essays, and I have another one to write tomorow. What do you guys think about essays? I'm just curious because I personally enjoy papers that recquire some sort of creativity, not just "Look up information, put it in your own words, put the URL".

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I hate essays. Especially timed ones. They are the bane of my existence....
    Wait till you get to college essays, 100x worse than anything you've ever imagined.

And because this is school related, I'm going to merge this with the other school thread.
    merged~

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    The thing with essays are they can either be great or they stink, depending on what it is about, and if you like it or not.
    If it is for computer class and you can choose anything you can find on the web, I like it, but if it is for English class and you have to write about the importance of verbs and nouns the I don't like it so much.
    XD

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Essays.. eh.

It always seems I can never do well at them. No matter how hard I try.. I always get a 50-65 on them.

This is me:

Teacher: Next class, you will write a 2-page essay on Cultural Differences.

Me: There goes my grade. 10% down. =(

Essays are the sole reason why I never get an A in a class. I was getting an A in English until our essay. I ended up with a low B in the class.

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    Essays.. eh.

It always seems I can never do well at them. No matter how hard I try.. I always get a 50-65 on them.

This is me:

Teacher: Next class, you will write a 2-page essay on Cultural Differences.

Me: There goes my grade. 10% down. =(

Essays are the sole reason why I never get an A in a class. I was getting an A in English until our essay. I ended up with a low B in the class.

Tell your teacher to back off(not really).
    That is long almost like a college essay(I don't know exactly as I'm not in college).
    The most I've ever gotten for an essay is like five paragraphs which is about one page.
    ^.^

Back