• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Highly Recommended [January 2005] // Pok?mon Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    you patch it to a gold rom, if you don't know how to do that look at the how to patch ips files thread.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Hey guess what, I have a new patch to release. I'll just post what i said on my site about the new patch

"Well here's an update and a new patch for everyone. This new patch has everything done up to and including Olivine City (that includes all of Cianwood too, cause you go back to Olivine to get the next badge). All maps, text, trainers, gym leaders and wild pokemon have been edited, now this has taken a heap of time cause there have been alot of trainers that you have to change the moves for the pokemon as well. Also the titlescreen has finally been done as you can see below. The Olivine and Cianwood gyms are done including the status screen with the new leader and badge graphics. Go to the Hacks page to download the new patch. Ok well thats it for now, the next patch will probably have all the gyms done for johto, so keep an eye out, ok BYE."

There ya go, you can get the new patch from the site, i'm gonna put a zip file here with a couple of pics but i don't know if the zip will work. Ok here yas go.

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    cool hack..nice work..man now i must find a rom for the next demo

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    thanks for the comments you two, I'm glad you like it. The next patch will take a while to get done but hopefully I'll get it all done by the end of the month. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    First off I think a mod needs to move this to the hacks showcase.

Ok I have a new patch for everyone here. The site has all the info that you need to know about it. Its up to Mahogany, but there has been a heap more than that done. 7 new gyms, but that will change by the end of the week, i will have another patch out by the end of the week that will include a big update for Johto. This patch is 37kb, which apparantly is a decent size for a gold hack. OK enough rambling, seeyas when the next patch is ready.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Darkening this is in the Hacks SHowcase Already..And buddy we'll appreciate it if you post some screenies here??
    All the best and I've seen some of your trainer sprites and they're cool!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, here are a few screenshots and map pictures. The maps are Cianwood and Mahogany. The pictures are from Mahogany gym, route 39 and Ecruteak city. If you want more just tell me where and i'll take a screenshot from that place.

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
  • wow ive been waiting for this hack since i first saw it (july i think) and i was wondering why u r hardly on PC, great sprites and title screen! wikid back pic!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks for that EVA01, I don't come on because I don't go on the computer that much, but when I do I have a crack at doin work with the hack, like at the moment, i'm almost up to the elite 4 with changing the trainers, so a new patch will be out within the next couple of days :). Well Thanks again for the comments. Look out for the new update. Seeyas

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Ok i'm sorry for the double post but I just want to get some opinions or ideas for the elite 4. I have edited all the trainers up to the elite 4, yes that does include the 8th gym. I would like to know people would like the elite 4 to have, for example Will uses psychic pokemon, what do type of pokemon do you want each elite to use. They will all have name, sprite and type changes, I'm just asking to see what types you would like to see in there.

Well if you understood what i said above please tell me. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks for that Scyther, that will be the first elite 4 member. It kinda makes sense since i took out the bug gym in the hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    OK once again sorry for the double post but I just want to update you one the elite 4 editing, below is a picture of the new elite 4 member. His name is GREG and he is an elite Bug trainer. **** is his team powerful. When the beta comes out with all the elite 4 done you will have a heap of fun and frustration with them.

Well what do yas want for the types of the rest of the elites?

Last edited:

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • The Darkening, I gotta say that you are one of the best spriters I've seem for Gold. Nice work! And hope to see this hack come out cool and soon!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Thanks DAC, really appreciate that. Mystic-Blaster, I already have a bird gym, its the one in Goldenrod, thanks for the suggestion anyway. Well I've gone ahead and decided what the next elite 4 member is gonna be. Meet NICK the ground type trainer, this guy is real tough with variation of ground types, watch out for him.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Here it is folks, the patch that completes Johto. All the elite 4 have been edited, inlcuding the champ. The all have new sprites, the elite 4 have different pokemon types as well. The champ still uses dragon but they have been changed and made stonger of course. Well below are the rest of the elite 4 and the champ (GRANT). The 8th gym was done as well, i didn't forget it. Ok, well, go to the site if the download doesn't work here, the site has all the info if you want it too plus more screenshots. Take it easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back