• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hikari/Dawn Pokemon cosplay

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Hey everyone! Over the summer I pretty much finished up my Hikari/Dawn cosplay. All it's needs now is the Poketch and the yellow back pack, which I'm still on the hunt for. But instead of waiting for me to get around to finishing that, I thought I'd share my cosplay thus far.

My fiance is also working on a Brock cosplay. Here's his thus far, his orange vest was an amazingly lucky find!

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • Hey, don't take lack of comments here too personally. This section is fairly dead, and very few of us are actually interested in cosplay. (I can only think of myself and one other who are... and we're not all that much in the know! xD;)

One surefire way to gets comments in your own thread is to comment in other peoples! This is a community and that means you get what you give to it, right?
    Also if you really want comments on your cosplay, I'd reccommend going to a cosplay forum, because again, this place just isn't good for it.

But anyway, your cosplay is looking pretty good. You definatly look like her and I'd know who it was meant to be if I saw you around, ha~
    I like the places you took the photos and the fact you had plushies of her pokemon and also a pokedex for one of the shots x3~

If I was going to nitpick I'd say the best way to improve this would be to get a wig or perhaps dye your hair if you're okay with that kind of thing.
    (personally I'd go with the wig for the sake of not ruining your hair through chemical stress or whatever, but it's highly personal preferance! )

Either way its cool to see a new face and someone else who likes to cosplay! I'm sure if you start hanging about here a bit more we can inject some more life to this section and maybe see some more cosplayers! :'3

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • The Dawn cosplay's great! And I love the idea with Pokemon plushies! :)
    The Brock cosplay is pretty good if it comes to clothes, but he still lacks the spiky hair! xD
    (Hair Wax + Hair Spray = Win)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Did you do all that from scratch? o_o As far as Pokemon cosplay goes, I've seen some pretty horrible costumes before - yours definitely isn't one of them. It looks very neatly done, and very taken care of it. I don't notice too many flaws at all, and taking the pictures with the plushies was a nice touch. xD Basically, very nice cosplay~. Your fiancee's is good too, that vest was pretty awesome find, not gonna lie. XD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Were any of your neighbors tempted to ask you for a battle ? :p
    No but that's a pretty good costume you've got there, and I'm not a fan of cosplay

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Aww thanks everyone!! ^.^ Glad you guys like it.

As for the blue hair-I will definitely get one as soon as I can find one similar, and as soon as I can afford it, lolz. And I'll be getting a backpack and a watch as soon as I see one that works. It was sorta frustrating, I saw someone in class the other day who had the *perfect* watch for the Poketch. It was literally the same exact shape. All I wouldve needed to do if I had it was paint the strap white XP. I shouldve asked where they got it.

As for my fiance's Brock cosplay, he still needs to buy the right pants, and shoes. Once it's done he'll definitely be spiking his hair ^.^ And I bought a Croagunk plush that's the same size as the pictured Buneary. We prolly won't be able to see the completed Brock til Christmas =/ He and I are going to different colleges in different states, so we're long distance right now.

Thanks again!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Huh... I thought for sure I commented on this when I looked at it the other day...

Anyway, I think this cosplay is very well made, perhaps the best Dawn I have seen.

Good luck to both of you for completing your costumes!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • That looks very, very well made! (I tried a Leaf cosplay by assembling pieces bought from eBay... it looked like crap:/)

Anyway, any chance you might be wearing that to the Anime Weekend Atlanta anime convention that's in three weeks, cause I'm gonna be there :P

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Thanks so much Akiyuki and LeSabre! ^.^

Grrrr then that's the second Con that I'm gonna miss in Georgia next month(I'm assuming that one is in Atlanta Georgia?). I live in central FL, and college just started back up this week. I can't travel anywhere. Don't have a car yet ughhh..

Do you do any other cons elsewhere? I think the next one I can do is the one in Orlando FL in March (hopefully). And my fiance and I are planning on going to Comic Con and the anime convention in California next summer.

Do you cosplay?

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Who is Morkula and why is she in my group.

I posted my fc but she deleted it.

Who let this "morkula" in my group.

Why are you talking about your group in my cosplay thread? That's totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with me or my cosplay......

Years
  • Why are you talking about your group in my cosplay thread? That's totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with me or my cosplay......

The spam was taken care of, sorry if I didn't get it earlier. ^..^;

I think the cosplay is awesome. I really have no experience, what-so-ever about cosplays, but I really love how you made it. Will you be making another cosplay of Dawn? With her red coat and white scarf? It'd be interesting to see what you come up with. =]

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Yup! I definitely plan on doing Dawn's winter outfit. =D Can't wait to get started on that one. I saw someone else who cosplayed that one on deviantart, it was absolutely amazing. So I have to make mine just as good-so it'll definitely be a challenge!

I also plan on doing a cosplay from another anime- Romeo x Juliet. I want to do these 3 of Juliet's costumes. (I'm obsessed I know..lol) And naturally my fiance will do Romeo.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Wow, that looks amazing. And you're adorable as Dawn, which is saying something because she's my least favorite character. xD The plushies were a really nice touch. I especially like the shot of you in the tree with Buneary.

It's nice to have another cosplayer/con goer here, though I'm in NY so we probably won't be seeing each other at any cons. xD

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Yea, LOL, I wish! I'd love to have a life size Mamoswine hahaha. I might have to settle for a small Swinub if anything. I wouldn't want to get a small Mamoswine. I like my Pokemon plushies to be as close to life size as possible.

Aw thanks! I am hoping that evennntually I'll be able to travel and go to all the big cons. But that won't be for a while...The only non Florida ones I'll be attending anytime soon will be the ones over in California next summer.

Back