• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Hisuian Typhlosion Tera Raid solo strats?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • The new tera 7-star raid was announced; Hisuan Typhlosion with Fire tera type. What is everyone planning to try for the raid?

I am expecting a similar raid to the regular Typhlosion, with Sunny Day to start, as well as the Eruption before T1. Thinking Shadow Ball will be replaced with Solar Beam since people would think to bring Water and/or Rock/Ground types to the raid. Other coverage moves Earthquake and Play Rough might stay? Perhaps Will-O-Wisp instead of Play Rough, since physical attackers are better candidates (more common among Rock/Ground) since the Ghost tera is now Fire tera. Infernal Parade could be on the list, since it's the signature move, but I only see that happening if Will-O-Wisp is going to be used. Maybe instead of Sunny Day it will open up with Will-O-Wisp on everything in the raid.

I had fun using Magcargo for the Teal Mask DLC, so I am thinking I'll try it out for this raid. It doesn't care about being burned since it's a special attacker. I think Amnesia is a good call against what Hisuian Typhlosion is likely to bring. Earth Power and Ancient Power are just solid attacks, especially after some Shell Smash action. Ancient Power has that small chance of also boosting defenses. Dragon would be a good defensive type against the Fire and Grass moves that will likely be used, but if Amnesia does its thing, I don't think it will be that necessary and would prefer the bonus damage from Rock or Ground tera with the respective Ancient Power or Earth Power attacks. Could also see swapping Ancient Power for Recover and just use PP Up to get Earth Power to 16 PP.

Hisuian Typhlosion Tera Raid solo strats?

Magcargo
    Ability: Weak Armor
    Nature: Calm
    Tera: Rock or Ground
    Held Item: Shell Bell
    - Earth Power
    - Ancient Power / Recover
    - Shell Smash
    - Amnesia

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I could see Taunt being useful for this one just like it was in H-Decidueye to keep its stats in check. I'm willing to bet it will use Calm Mind at some point and maybe something annoying like Spite. It doesn't normally have access to Nasty Plot, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see it get used at a time or health checkpoint. Flash Fire Heatran will probably be really good for this one, Baxcalibur might be cooking too with the right tera.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Expects Infernal Parade and Burning Jealousy. Combos well together (Hex with burn chance + Burn for boosting). Figures a return for Earthquake and Play Rough, given Hisuian Decidueye's raid. Would not be surprised to see an Overheat + debuff clear + Calm Mind in there. Might use Burning Jealousy out-of-turn and have Eruption/Flamrthrower/Lava Plume as a main attack too.

Some general ideas:
    • Skill Swap with Garganacl for burn immunity and Ghost damage reduction
    • Hydration + Rain Dance. Looks like a great raid for Goodra. Sees a possible win for Swanna and Luvdisc, assuming no major surprises.
    • Anything with Snarl.

A few options:
    • Crawdaunt. Snarl, Swords Dance, Liquidation, and something else. Resists both burning moves. Sets up Rain Dance to cut down Solar Beam, if necessary.
    • Hisuian Samurott. Same reason as above, but with Aqua Cutter.
    • Goodra. Big Special Defense. Removes the burn with Hydration, if you care about that.
    • Vaporeon. Hydration with Rain Dance, Rest, Calm Mind, and Weather Ball.

Some unusual, but possibly viable options:
    • Oricorio (Fire). Quiver Dance, Roost, and burn immunity until you Terastallize. Could even do Tera: Water with Revelation Dance (which becomes Water).
    • Azumarill, maybe. Sets Misty Terrain for anti-burn, if needed.
    • Quaquaval. Roost, Taunt, Misty Terrain, Swords Dance, and Liquidation. Pick 4 of those.
    • Walking Wake. Turn Sunny Day against it with Hydro Steam. Cares less about Solar Beam.
    • Gliscor. Poison Heal plus quite a few good moves, including Struggle Bug.
    • Greninja. Use Role Play to grab Garganacl's Purifying Salt (if needed). Pick your favorite between Haze and Taunt. Then Swords Dance + Liquidation. Alternatively, if not Role Playing and under the right conditions, Mud-Slap or Double Team.
    • Golduck. Cloud Nine for Solar Beam. Use Simple Beam on it on Turn 1. Then Skill Swap to give Hisuian Typhlosion Cloud Nine and Simple to yourself. From there, use your Simple Calm Minds and Surf. (Also learns Taunt + Haze, but when else are you going to use a ridiculous strategy like this?)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Some general ideas:
    Skill Swap with Garganacl for burn immunity and Ghost damage reduction
    Skill Swap with an NPC? The raid mon should have Frisk as an ability.

EDIT: That Golduck strat sounds like amazing fun lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Skill Swap with an NPC? The raid mon should have Frisk as an ability.

Yeah. Would not be super worth it unless Ghost was super-effective, though (which, coincidentally, is most Pokemon with Skill Swap). Benefits Slowbro/Slowking pretty well, for example. Serves you better to pick someone else in most cases. Also requires resetting for a Garganacl partner too.

Edit: Merged the two posts.

Launched the Hisuian Typhlosion raid. Some details:
    • Main moves: Flamethrower, Infernal Parade, Focus Blast, Will-o-Wisp
    • Extra moves: Sunny Day (twice) and Will-o-Wisp (at least once at the start, maybe one more later).
    • Nature: Modest
    • Ability: Frisk
    • Debuff clear: About 3 moves in, time-wise.
    • Tera Orb charge steal: 3-4 moves in, time-wise.
    • Tera Shield: 5-6 moves in, time-wise? Relatively late.
    • Buff clear: About halfway in.
    • Double-attack: Either sometime around 50% health or 1/3 of the time remaining.

Seems relatively easy. Won first try with Goodra, despite wasting the first three turns Acid Spraying. Kept its Sap Sipper, never reset for different partners, and just used Acid Spray and Dragon Pulse. Fainted once. Came pretty close on time.

But more importantly:
    A win for a certain shiny Luvdisc. Pushed those 330 base stats and 30 base Attack to their limit.

Ability: Hydration
    Nature: Careful (+Special Defense / -Special Attack). (Survived Focus Blast a little better in calculations.)
    Effort Values: 252 in Attack, 252 in Special Defense, 6 in Hitpoints.
    Moves: Liquidation, Rain Dance, Rest, and Surf. (Never even used Surf and maybe not even Rest?)
    Item: Shell Bell
    Partners: Sylveon, Weavile, and Heracross.

Reset for Sylveon and Weavile on a team. Wanted Sylveon for Moonblast's Special Attack drops and Weavile for Leers. Could not convince Arcanine to Leer on its one attempt. Does not recall Mudsdale using Rock Smash either. Never gave Gardevoir a chance due to luck.

Chose Shell Bell over Damp Rock. Healed a pretty decent amount of hitpoints with Shell Bell. Takes double damage from Infernal Parade while resting.

Strategy: Do nothing until Sunny Day. Set up Rain Dance then. Wait once again for the debuff clear (not as important). After that, spam Liquidation and maintain Rain Dance. Might have used a heal cheer to clear a badly-timed burn once. Opted not to refresh Rain Dance at the very end. Figured two turns of Liquidation beat Rain Dance + Liquidation. Came down to the wire, as illustrated by the lack of time. Mashed A for Liquidation so hard at the end. May have only just crossed the line with partner damage, given no boss HP bar flash.

One interesting note: Dealt with Infernal Parade and Will-o-Wisps, generally, despite Focus Blast hitting for more damage. Favored those even without a burn on Luvdisc. Indicates some kind of weighting for the attack to choose beyond pure damage.

Hydration notes:
    • Do not use Rest when the rain is about to expire. Ends the rain before the Hydration check.
    • Similarly, consider being slower. Clears status at the end of the turn. Will take double damage for having a status effect from Infernal Parade before it clears.
    • Be careful when it clears your buffs. Nullifies your ability on your next action.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Didn't do much for this other than use the Dachsbun strat. Magcargo failed due to Amnesia set ups not being enough to keep up with (apparently 100% accuracy) Focus Blast attacks. Tried Skeledirge, but that failed too due to Snarl and Torch Song not really doing much, even after being able to immediately terastalize into Fire after dying from 3 Infernal Parade attacks.

EDIT: After finding a Dondozo outbreak after initially making this post, I decided to try one last personal build to beat the raid with.

Dondozo
    Ability: Water Veil
    Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
    Tera: Water
    Held Item: Shell Bell
    - Liquidation (no PP investment)
    - Rain Dance
    - Tickle
    - Wave Crash (never used it)

Just used Tickle twice at the start and hit a few times with Liquidation to build up tera charges. Used Rain Dance whenever Sunny Day was up. Did a few more Tickle after Typhlosion reset its stats and before the shield came up; Prioritized this over staying alive. After coming back I terastalized into Water and kept using Liquidation over and over, with Rain Dance as the sun came up. Still had PP leftover before the raid ended, thanks to like 4 crits during the raid. I am about to do the raid a second time to see if I need to use Wave Crash if I don't crit so much with Liquidation. I never saw defense drops from Liquidation, though, so I think Tickle was the true MVP.

EDIT EDIT: Dondozo has worked nicely 2/3 of my attempts. It's not as consistent as the Dachsbun, but it's more fun.

Last edited:
    Back