• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmm im starting to think..

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ok look. Its fun and all to creat new pokemon in drawings and all but dony you guys think how thats effecting nintendo? I mean for all we know the 4th generation had such terrible ideas cause of fan spriting new pokemon or drawing new pokemon. Now im not saying that we should stop it im just saying think how its affecting nintendo. I mean of course they could make much better pokemn then us but still they could be making teribble pokemon as they dont want to tell people or fans oh gee we willl be taking that now and thank you. I mean i see the 5th generation being made out of pokemon that fans made and fans alone due to the growing rate of the fandom. Im not saying its a bad thing or a good thing im just saying that its a bit of both. Opinions?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Well, I don't know if this is affecting Nintedo that much, because I think they haven't really seen many fan pokemon. They don't have any new ideas because they already created so many pokemon (over400!). Also they often use animals as a model (sry if this is the wrong word) to create pokemon and it's very difficult to choose an animal they haven't used yet, thus creating something new.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I see your point, but the responsibility lies on nintendo to come up with ideas. If someone makes a painting, do you get angry at them because now, you can't make that painting? no - its completwly illogical. The same applies here.

And besides, surely nintendo is original enough to come up with random monsters and not copy other ones...aren't they?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well thats what im wondering. Are they smart enough to think up new mons or are they completely dored up and dying due to so many fan ideas.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I disagree with you on the fact that Nintendo makes better Pokemon then fans. I saw these 2 fakemon named Wizcoat and Wizarath. They were the best I have ever seen.

No.. I do not believe that Nintendo has even seen more than a few fakemon.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    what if they had two pokemon in the daycare...and BAM a totally new pokemon comes out....they could do that if they ran out of ideas idk...i hope they dont die out...

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    what if they had two pokemon in the daycare...and BAM a totally new pokemon comes out....they could do that if they ran out of ideas idk...i hope they dont die out...

You mean crossbreeding? That is my one and only Pokemon dream.

But hey.. maybe it is time for Pokemon to die out. They should make one last generation and then a gigantic game for the PC that connects all 5 regions. After that, they should make a huge Pokemon MMO with all 5 regions and then just retire Pokemon. I would rather them go out with a bang than make 20 crappy regions and be made fun of, wouldn't you?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    or are they completely dored up and dying due to so many fan ideas.
    If they were, they'd already be out in force buying the intellectual property rights to fan Pokemon.
    So no, it won't affect Nintendo; but it can't anyway since Game Freak is the developer, Nintendo is merely the publisher (and has its own home-grown franchises) — know this.

Last edited:

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    wow when you said maybe its time for it to die out i understood you yet at the same time i was lyk NOOOOOO but yea mane thats like perfect i just now thought of the crossbreeding, your idea is genius tho i got to admit..its lyk...paradise lol and before it retires i seriously wanna see ash become the master cuz i think he could do it haha

pokemongodess

RoflRofl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    The only thing i have to say is, Nintendo is way more than Pokemon, so i see no effect, and also, most Pokemon are based off of actuality...Now think about it..How many birds there are, fish in the ocean, animals in the forest, each and every continent, some of which have yet to be discovered, all they need to do is open a book and start combining some animals..Basically how they have been.

If they were, they'd already be out in force buying the intellectual property rights to fan Pokemon.
    So no, it won't affect Nintendo; but it can't anyway since Game Freak is the developer, Nintendo is merely the publisher (and has its own home-grown franchises) — know this.

True, gamefreak is the developer, but you cant develop anything with out money, and that money comes from nintedo, after all they do own the complete rights of the pokemon media franchise*. as stated by wikipedia,

*A media franchise is an intellectual property involving the characters, setting, and trademarks of an original work of media (usually a work of fiction), such as a film, a work of literature, a television program, or a video game. Generally, a whole series is made in that particular medium, along with merchandising and endorsements. Multiple sequels are often planned well in advance and, in the case of motion pictures, actors and directors often sign multi-film deals to ensure their participation.

Last edited:

JessieB

Pixel Princess
    Years
    I doubt fans have any effect on Nintendo's ideas. They pay people to think up new pokemon, and people to sprite them, and so on. And besides, even if something they created looked similar to someone's fakemon, it would probably be a coincidence.

No worries :) My guess is they'll be just as creative as before, and no one will have their fakemon stolen ^^'

Back