• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hobbies

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    We all got'sem.

What are your hobbies? Care to go into detail?
    Are there any hobbies you would like to pick up on?

In my free time, when i'm not busy with school, work, or personal art projects, I love to go on road trips with my camera and just take loads of pictures. It helps me to relax, and also inspires me.
    I also act, though it's mostly just voice acting, and write music for fun.

As for hobbies i'd like to pick up, I wouldn't mind learning how to cook, more specifically cook oriental food. I also would like to learn how to play the piano a little better, to add on to my music hobby.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Most of my hobbies revolve around either film or television, be it simply watching it or writing about it. In recent months, I've done a lot less 'writing' than I'd like to, but hopefully that should pick up in the next few months or so. As far as stuff that I'd like to do: I really want to do something adrenaline-pumping like hang-gliding or bungee jumping or white-water-rafting. There's not much opportunity for stuff like that where I live, and I really just want to experience the rush of something like that.

Years
    I always have trouble with this question. Like, is it a hobby if it's something I choose to do or just happen to do? How often do I have to do it? Anyway.

I read a bunch. That's probably my biggest hobby. I also like watching movies and a few shows. I make sprites and pixel art things sometimes and write when I feel inspired. Everything else is more of an interest, I suppose, since they don't really involve my doing much aside from reading up on them. When you take out the interests it all sounds kinda boring.

I'd like to learn how to sew and knit and make clothing. Once upon a time I wanted to make music, but I'm kinda tone deaf and clumsy so I had to give up on that one.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    Oh, I have a lot of hobbies. For one, roleplaying is something I really like to do in general, as well as writing. I tend to be very creative literature-wise.

Also on the field of linguistics, there's room for creativity. I am a fairly good conlanger, and I've found myself able to play around with languages with non-indo european backgrounds, such as Finnish. I've made a number of languages which range from fairly simple grammar to absolute monstrosities. Most of mine are based around real life languages like the North Germanic languages, a Romance language and even an Uralic language. I've recently been working on my first isolate language, and thusfar. it's been going pretty well.

Years
    Writing and video gaming are my two big ones. I'd say browsing the Internet, which is what I tend to do most, but that's not a hobby, lol.

I've been writing somewhat seriously for 9-10 years now (started back at the tail end of middle school). I jot something down at least every other day, if not daily, depending on my work schedule. Writing is easiest for me when I'm bored in the back and have my notebook.

Video gaming, I don't do as much. I primarily play RPGs when I do. When I get in the mood to play, I'll play for days, but then drop it for at least a month or so. I need to play more often.

As for new ones? I'd like to get back into reading more often. I do a lot of writing, but don't actively read? I'm a terrible person. :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For the last couple years, the only hobby to speak of was gaming which I... don't really count much. XD; It's just so passive that it feels like more of a waste of time than anything. I mean, I love it and still really enjoy it but I've never really classified it as a hobby.

I've recently picked up drawing again. I sort of gave up on it in the last year of high school when I realized that art really wasn't what I wanted to do with my life but I've really needed a creative outlet in the last year so I turned back to it. I'm not very good anymore, but it's still a great way to vent and I'm slowly getting better again.

For something I want to pick up again, I'd like to get back into Japanese->English translation. I have a ton of doujinshi that I can read fairly well, but I'd kind of like to translate them for real. :x I also promised some people I'd sub some game cutscenes and even if they've totally forgotten by now since I promised so long ago, I'd really like to get back into that sort of thing. It was fun. (My interest should go back up this summer when I'm back in Japanese classes. :D)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Television and movies have always been my hobby. I used to be a gamer when I was a kid, but that has changed into keeping a running obsession with up to fifteen currently-airing shows at a time. Not to mention the long-cancelled shows that I love to re-watch and re-experience.

Going to the movies is another one I love, and I try to do it as often as I can - which is usually every time I have a day off. I have an array of actresses that I follow closely and will see any movie featuring any one of them. I don't only see movies with them in them though, but I refuse to miss any of those.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Of late my profile goes: I enjoy worldbuilding and videogaming.

I'd like to try a tabletop RPG, probably D&D or GURPS, and potentially get into regularly doing that.

Ayselipera

I felt for a while now that I don't really have a hobby. Someone recently said my hobby has to do with teapots/tea, but I just really like tea in general I don't necessarily do anything hobby-like with it.

The top things I really like to do are jog, watch movies, and cook. So I guess those are my hobbies. I really don't know :( I personally don't consider them that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I like to play piano, play video games, work out at the gym, eat, and sleep. I'm sure only one or two of them actually counts as hobbies, though, haha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Pokemon, collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards, TV, and video games. Oh, and looking at fashion magazines, if that counts.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    RPG's, Pokemon, surfing the internet, watching anime, and listening to 80's music.

If I had the money, I'd love to take random road trips to places - either overnighters or day trips. I'd also take up ROM hacking if I had the time to learn the specifics. Create my own Pokemon hack, y'know? I've pretty much ditched my old hobbies of reading and writing, and don't intend to return to them anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I don't really have many hobbies. I have loads of interests that I like to read up on, like business and politics. But not really much in the way of hobbies.

But I have recently started salsa dancing again, which is something I've meant to do for a while. And that's about it, lol.

I would love to learn karate, though. And tap dancing, it looks like great fun.

Sсott

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Guitar, mostly through self-learning. I wouldn't label myself as a good guitarist, but I'm getting there, or so I think. As for something related to sports, I guess I enjoy watching [not in any way playing] football and tennis.

Years
    Graphic design.
    Usually during school terms I'll use my graphics course as my hobby, but during the holidays I make up my own projects. Like for example over christmas I started to develop a vBulletin theme and for the up coming easter holidays I'm planning to really get stuck into making a requested theme.
    I think I'm going to be lost when I go to university and have no creative classes.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
    I'm trying to learn the French Horn, Violin and Bass Guitar, but so far I'm failing miserably at all three. ;-; So I wouldn't count them as hobbies yet, but beside gaming I don't really have one. I write fanfics sometimes and do some roleplaying, if that counts?

Back